PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions

meigod
02-07-2010, 07:28 AM
Hi everyone,
I have a couple of niggles which I can't find the answers to -
1) If I have say three wanted poster quests/objectives and I make all three quests active is there a way the player can choose just one quest and locator to be visable/accomplishable (e.g. fallout 3 can take up many missions at one time but have one "live" active) and if not is it possible to disable all other quest triggers including humans if another quest/objective is active until accomplished?

2)Is it possible to make an AI walk through wall or unopenable door?

Sorry if have not explained myself well enough and Thanks in advance.

And finally I must say thank you to Seir for his video tutorials because they make what used to be a overwhelming task (map editing) a real joy. So thank You.

seir
02-07-2010, 03:26 PM
1) this is an advanced system that you have to create by yourselft with actions, conditions and scripts. Write down on paper what user can do and try to "dress" these behaviors in ChromED actions. I suggest you to check "act_Script" and "cnd_Expression" to cound/block/unlock. These two elements are fundamental in creating advanced actions like those you wrote about.

2) If I understood correctly you want AI to open the door that is locked for player, right? Just use action "act_LockUnlock" on doors and "bhv_OpenDoor" or "act_OpenClose".

meigod
02-08-2010, 03:17 AM
Sorry Seir I did not explain myself very well, the editor has some mexican shed models but these models are one solid model unlike the houses which are a collection of grouped object as you know. My problem is with the solid shed object I want the AI to walk through it (ghost) to give the illusion of the AI walking inside the building. Is this possible?

As for the first question thank you for the answer, is it possible to disable a human triggerobject (trigger not model) through an 'act' but still have the human on screen?

wookash_b
02-08-2010, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by meigod:
As for the first question thank you for the answer, is it possible to disable a human triggerobject (trigger not model) through an 'act' but still have the human on screen?

act_EnableDisable - have you tried that?

seir
02-08-2010, 04:30 AM
Turn off collision for the model (double click on the model, "Object" tab, turn off "Block Move" and "Collisions"), create barriers (class "Barrier") that will block player movement. That should be good but it's a fake.

meigod
02-08-2010, 05:26 AM
Thanks Seir found it by playing about with ideas in my head and on the enable human trigger issue it works great, tried this before thinking it must work but did'nt - but I had try loads of other triggering actions at the same time so no wonder.

meigod
02-08-2010, 05:37 AM
Sorry to continue to ask questions but how can I respawn an object like a log and then attach to a human (loop the process)?

seir
02-08-2010, 07:11 AM
Respawn log? I think you should explan exact situation on level instead of asking ony a part of the event...

If you need to spawn some objects after actions you need to place these objects on the map and appear them after certain actions.

also there is "EquipmentSpawner" class that gives ability to spawn any object in certain conditions but you can have references to spawned object because it is not created in editor.

meigod
02-08-2010, 07:32 AM
Sorry I want a man to walk to a waypoint grab a log walk to another waypoint drop the log (which then disappears) and man go back for another log - then for this to loop until the player hits a trigger or sensor. I was hoping to spawn a log at the waypoint(2) after the man does a short animation and when log appears its attached to the man until he walks to the next waypoint(3) where the log detaches hits the floor then disappears when the man gets back to the log spawn waypoint(2) via another waypoint(1). I though I could use this setup for many other AIs in other situations if it works?

seir
02-08-2010, 09:25 AM
He will drop these logs on physics so there will be possibility to make a giant log pile. That's a bad idea... I would use "act_AppearDisappear" on one log that is carried by AI. There is no such an animation so it will look bad... The best idea will be to attach the log with "act_Attach" but it may cause some random bugs...