PDA

View Full Version : IL-2 Mouse Steering?

l0oky2010
10-16-2010, 09:29 AM
Hello, IL-2 is an awesome game just i was thinking is there any way to play IL2 on mouse i really hate keyboard steering...

Thank you..

AndyJWest
10-16-2010, 09:59 AM
You might be able to do this with external software, but why not get a joystick? Even a cheap one will make flying so much easier.

M_Gunz
10-16-2010, 01:17 PM
Don't buy just any joystick. A 2-axis stick is not enough without decent pedals.

If it doesn't have decent rudder control, at least a twisty stick, then find a stick/pedals that does. It's not much good flying 4.x FM (1946 is 4.7 and beyond) without being able to use the rudder. You can do it but you will not be able to turn well without bleeding speed or losing control altogether.

Some people make their own sticks/pedals. Most are pretty expensive compared to a cheap twisty stick.

Bearcat99
10-16-2010, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by l0oky2010:
Hello, IL-2 is an awesome game just i was thinking is there any way to play IL2 on mouse i really hate keyboard steering...

Thank you..

When all is said and done ... yes.. IL2 is a PC game... but to fully set yourself up to really really really appreciate it.. think of it more as a simulator...

Having said that .. if you consider it a simulator ... that simulates fling a high powered WWII combat aircraft.. ask yourself.. Would I want to fight with a keyboard and a mouse?

Look in the Nugget's Guide in my sig...

l0oky2010
10-16-2010, 06:01 PM
Yeh joystick is the best but i was just wondering.. Is there any external program to do this, Thank you guys http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

Peace ..V

Ba5tard5word
10-16-2010, 10:34 PM
There's really no way to fly with a mouse and keyboard. I can't imagine any way to make it not horrible. Get a joystick, you can get a Logitech 3D Extreme Pro for around $20, it is a very decent stick for the price and has a twist rudder.

BillSwagger
10-17-2010, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by l0oky2010:
Yeh joystick is the best but i was just wondering.. Is there any external program to do this, Thank you guys http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

Peace ..V

check the net for NewView, and then use youtube to find a tutorial for setting up mouse as a joystick input. I use it for mouse panning, but i'm not sure exactly how to configure it to emulate joystick inputs. It does a bunch of other neat stuff too.