PDA

View Full Version : Bug with Alt-tabing

Vasko_1
04-19-2008, 12:41 PM
Well i want to say that i saw a bug with alt-tabing...When you minimize the game there is no problem but when you try to maximize it there is a bug.Its not maximazing...And a few seconds later when I open Windows Task Manager the game is not responding..Is the problem is in my Win or what?

Vasko_1
04-19-2008, 12:41 PM
Well i want to say that i saw a bug with alt-tabing...When you minimize the game there is no problem but when you try to maximize it there is a bug.Its not maximazing...And a few seconds later when I open Windows Task Manager the game is not responding..Is the problem is in my Win or what?

Zazadan
04-19-2008, 12:51 PM
Well, I never got it to work either... The only thing that gets me back to the desktop is my vius scanner yelling at me for he has completed his task http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

You can also try the Windows-key, maybe that works, and else you can try Alt+Enter to put AC in a window, so you can minimalize it or something, press Alt+Enter again to return to fullscreen http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Lhorkan
04-19-2008, 01:23 PM
Alt-tabbing works perfectly here.

Suckers. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

x_101_
04-19-2008, 01:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lhorkan:
Alt-tabbing works perfectly here.

Suckers. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
lol pwned XD

drego5
04-19-2008, 03:11 PM
Alt+Tab works fine for me. BUT, when I'm switching back to the game, it could take about a half a minute to bring up AC again. Depending on your specs, this may be longer or shorter. I say, just be patient and give it time. See how long it takes, maybe even timing it.

Vasko_1
04-20-2008, 01:49 AM
Well,drego5 you're righ.When i swithc back to the game i must wait about 15 seconds to maximize.That is "s h i t t y"....Why not Ubisoft try to repair this bug..........???

drego5
04-20-2008, 02:16 AM
Because it's not a bug...

Your graphics card, and in fact the whole graphics processing system, including the RAM and CPU usage, are used in significantly different capacities when playing a full-screen game like AC, as compared to just running Windows. (I was going to say "or other O/S" but that's moot here, eh?) Your graphics processing system will need some time to put back all that information into it's buffer and bring it up on the screen, so that it can give you gameplay that's as smooth as possible when it does return to the screen.

Vasko_1
04-20-2008, 12:20 PM
Well,you want to say that if you have better Video your alt-tabing will be faster?I was thinking that only the RAM is important for Alt-tabing..I was thinking that with 4gb ddr2 800,AMD x2 5600+, GF 8600 GT 256mb I will have no problems with alt-tabing..Now I must to buy a new Video to alt-tabing faster in some of the games?

caswallawn_2k7
04-20-2008, 12:26 PM
ram only affects how much can be held in the memory for example the code used to run the program. to bring the screen back up on a full screen game the graphics card has to change from standard windows mode to full screen 3d acceleration meaning the screen can only re load as quick as the graphics card can switch modes and render what needs to be on the screen.

FullFrenzy
04-20-2008, 03:49 PM
Alt-tabbing works fine here as well. Don't have a problem going to desktop. However it does take several seconds when pulling the game back up. Maybe just let it sit awhile before going to your task manager.

I'd say wait at least a couple minutes or so, just as a test. If it eventually does get back to the game, even after a long while, then it's your computer's hardware that's causing it to take so long.

Vasko_1
04-21-2008, 12:30 AM
When I wait abuout 15 seconds i go back to the game but that is only in AC.For example i have no problem alt-tabing in Crysis and i dont need to wait a couple of seconds.Is that is bug in AC?Becouse the Crysis need more video,ram and etc. and in Crysis I have no problems.

FullFrenzy
04-21-2008, 12:39 AM
Thousands of people have been saying that dude, that it's odd how you can get better performance from a game like Crysis by comparison.

It's just 15 seconds bro. Don't sweat it, seriously. Some games can't alt-tab at all. The fact that you were going to task manager before waiting that long says you were jumping the gun just a bit.

Vasko_1
04-21-2008, 03:20 AM
Yeah,right....But its make me to feel like a fool with 1ghz processor .... That make me nuts...Whatever i must accept that is the truth..10x to all of you!

the_assassin_07
04-21-2008, 03:36 AM
10x to all of you?

Vasko_1
04-21-2008, 12:31 PM
Well,my english is bad i wanted to say that i'm thanks to all that post a comment..Sry for my english grammer mistakes