PDA

View Full Version : Il-2 ground targets

m881
06-12-2006, 11:17 AM
Finding ground targets is pretty hard..so i give the command to my wingmen to attack whatever the target is when i can see we are getting close to the target using the map key...i realize the f5 is available, but since i am a spaz, i get disoriented and crash and burn...is there any other way to find the targets??? the wingman thing has worked pretty well.......thanks

m881
06-12-2006, 11:17 AM
Finding ground targets is pretty hard..so i give the command to my wingmen to attack whatever the target is when i can see we are getting close to the target using the map key...i realize the f5 is available, but since i am a spaz, i get disoriented and crash and burn...is there any other way to find the targets??? the wingman thing has worked pretty well.......thanks

LEBillfish
06-12-2006, 11:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by m881:
Finding ground targets is pretty hard..so i give the command to my wingmen to attack whatever the target is when i can see we are getting close to the target using the map key...i realize the f5 is available, but since i am a spaz, i get disoriented and crash and burn...is there any other way to find the targets??? the wingman thing has worked pretty well.......thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well.........settle down, don't be a spaz, roll to one side and look first to be sure of what's down there.......

Haigotron
06-12-2006, 11:27 AM
Im actually playing the Burning Ridge campaign that came with Pe-2. Awesome. I like to fly low around 1000 to 800, and first circle the area where the briefing indicated the targets, along roads, in cities...near bridges...usually at that height they appear as gray/white or blackish objects.

Then I chose one, and dive in on it...around 500m, you'll see the silhouette, and gives you time to pull out in case...

Its a bit harder to differntiate friendlies from enemys but if you've been in an area where your AI wingmen havent targeted a certain convoy of trucks, chances are those trucks are friendly...

Also, the briefing states if the enemy is held up in the city, or outside the city, so stick to those locations, and as in RL, you dont need to waste every target till you're empty...quick fast hard strikes..and outta there...

oh and i like to put my gun/cannon/rocket convergence to 1000 to allow straight sniper shots from any diving height

tagTaken2
06-12-2006, 11:15 PM
If I can't find the target, or my overzealous squad killed it first, I just unload on the nearest bridge.

Several of my careers have been built entirely on the bridge.

Thanks, bridge.

JamesBlonde888
06-14-2006, 07:08 PM
I have no problem spotting ground targets as such. More like preventing them from coming through the windscreen to say hello.

Foo.bar
06-15-2006, 12:52 AM
"Bleiben Sie auf Kurs, zum Kuckuck!" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

mandrill7
06-15-2006, 05:07 AM
Are you using the narrowest field of vision you possibly can? I find it makes a big difference if I "lean in" as close to the gunsight as I possibly can using the various view buttons.

R988z
06-15-2006, 04:18 PM
I usually fly around in the general target area and wait until I see some swine on the ground start shooting at me (doesn't take long) then I merely note the position and set up the shot (usually zoomed in a bit to see/aim better) and return the favour. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif