PDA

View Full Version : '46 contorl key problems :(

biggs222
10-06-2007, 04:08 PM
hi i finally got '46, and installed it over my 4.05m.... or was it 4.04m?

anyway, it went fine and now im running 4.07m

i noticed the first thing when i started to play my controls keys were wrong/not working... i went to change them back and i noticed that i can no longer adjust my prop-pitch, nor can i cycle through the different radiator stages with my "R" button as i was able to in the past... i went back to the main menu to re-assign the key but it doesnt work I can only go from "open" to "closed/auto" i cant cycle through the numbers.... and NOTHING works for prop-pitch, ive reassigned it to different buttons in hope that it would work but to no avail.

i have no idea whats wrong.

please help

Waldo.Pepper
10-06-2007, 04:23 PM
Difficulty settings. Enable complex engine management etc etc etc.

biggs222
10-06-2007, 04:26 PM
*smacks forehead* wow, if thats it, then i really have been away for too long.

fabianfred
10-06-2007, 04:34 PM
'46 comes on a DVD and doesn't install over the older versions...it uses a different folder....Ubisoft...not ...Ubi Soft

try uninstalling the old...after saving the important bits

Bearcat99
10-06-2007, 04:48 PM
Sounds like Waldo P might have hit it on the head.. either that or.. since 46 does install to a different folder it installed the defau8lt settings.. Just go to the users folder of your old installation and take copy the contents of them to the new 46... Like ff said.. one folder is Ubi Soft.. and the other is Ubisoft so I doubt it overwrote the old files.. You might also want to copy the conf, PaintSchemes,Quicks,records and Missions folders as well..

biggs222
10-06-2007, 04:52 PM
ok thats what i was wondering as well... when i start 46, it says "4.07m" on the bottom corner.. does that mean the 46 package with Pe-2 and manchuria(sp) installed as a "merged" installation?

will i be able to fly online with 4.08m once i install the patch?

Bearcat99
10-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Yes. Once you install the patch and copy the above mentioned folders youca actually delete the older version.. it will just be taking up HD space.. If you hadnt started any campaigns then dont worry anout the Dgen & Ngen folders.. but if you have you might want to also copy the content of those folders as well... as they will contain all the campaign data if I am not mistaken..

biggs222
10-06-2007, 07:59 PM
awesome! thanks bearcat.