PDA

View Full Version : Devastator and Helldiver

Prof.Lokovich
12-23-2005, 04:21 PM
We are going to get them?

http://www.bluejacket.com/usn/images/ac/tbd-1_douglas_devestator_raid-wake-is_feb42_cv6_enterprise.jpg

http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/images/g460000/g469319.jpg

actionhank1786
12-23-2005, 05:03 PM
Hopefully some day, maybe never.
Oleg has some tight requirements to make the plane into the game.
Not just any half assed model can make it in, and his focuses are moving towards (If not already almost 100% on Battle of Britain) so support for this game will mostly be in small addons and patches.
But hopefully someday we'll see those planes

Prof.Lokovich
12-24-2005, 03:17 PM
1942 Pacific Air War Gold from Microprose, that was the best pacific theather simulator.

That Simulator had all the aircraft flyable with exception of level bombers. The maps where extensive. The development team who worked on it had very experience on Pacific, their previous "Task Force 1942" helped to make realistic and very accurate ship torpedo dodge maneuvers, the sim of the sims.

But the game is old, I will pay a lot for a corrected Pacific Fighters.

VW-IceFire
12-24-2005, 05:26 PM
I always liked the Helldiver. I still hold a small corner of hope that we'll see it in the future.

actionhank1786
12-25-2005, 02:06 AM
The problem with Pacific Fighters is it's built on a game that was made to simulate Ground battles, and Air fights.
Originally i dont think we had a very high altitude model.
I would love to see ships pulling so evasive manuevers when i'm trying to dive bomb them.
Although i can still barely hit the **** things when they're going in a straight line

ElAurens
12-25-2005, 12:42 PM
At least the Helldiver is a Curtiss product and not subject to any legal tomfoolery.

I want it badly as well. The later ones with 4 blade props and 20mm wing guns were very good at what they did, and they are faster than an SBD.

stansdds
12-26-2005, 07:25 AM
The problem with Pacific Fighters is it's built on a game that was made to simulate Ground battles, and Air fights.
Originally i dont think we had a very high altitude model.
Likely a big part of the problem, this sim has been around a long time and is probably stretched slightly beyond its limits.

zoinksu52
12-26-2005, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Prof.Lokovich:
1942 Pacific Air War Gold from Microprose, that was the best pacific theather simulator.

That Simulator had all the aircraft flyable with exception of level bombers. The maps where extensive. The development team who worked on it had very experience on Pacific, their previous "Task Force 1942" helped to make realistic and very accurate ship torpedo dodge maneuvers, the sim of the sims.

But the game is old, I will pay a lot for a corrected Pacific Fighters.

and it came on about 15 floppies. pretty sad to see the pacific theater neglected that long.

when bob was announced i was dissapointed. much rather see a real pacific campaign or wwi. i never got pacific air war to work on my 486 so i miss out again.
i'd gladly pay top dollar for corrected pf too, unlike this sim which i held out for $20 sale price.
at least there's hope for that wwi sim being developed. that's on my list before bob.

csThor
12-26-2005, 09:19 AM
The thing is the BoB is a limited setting both in area and timeframe. Which measn it's a way better startup than a PTO, Eastern Front or MED sim (all of those cover vast areas and timeframes with many many objects).

As for more PTO objects ... don't get your hopes up. If Luthier hasn't a few aces up his sleeve it's going to be awfully quiet in that respect.

|CoB|_Spectre
12-26-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by zoinksu52: (re: Pacific Air War by Microprose)

...and it came on about 15 floppies. pretty sad to see the pacific theater neglected that long.

when bob was announced i was dissapointed. much rather see a real pacific campaign or wwi. i never got pacific air war to work on my 486 so i miss out again.

Hmmm...mine came on one CD and my Pentium 100 with Windows 95 ran it well. You missed a good one! By today's standards, the graphics would be archaic, but the gameplay was fantastic. The large, historically significant locales were nicely done, the mission recording/playback/editing features were nice and the dusk/dawn/night time effects were well done. With graphic upgrades and FM/DM tweaks, I believe it could be the PTO air combat sim.

Vigilanty
12-26-2005, 09:52 PM
PAW was fantastic. The missions and campaigns were enormous fun. It was both a great flight sim and a great *game*, a genre that is unfortunately extinct. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif