PDA

View Full Version : AEP? 1946? PF? I need some help.

Scorpion.233
12-08-2006, 08:55 AM
Ok, so I bought Forgotten Battles a while ago. Loved it so I ordered PF. After I ordered PF, I read that it couldn't be merged with FB without AEP.

AEP is not obtainable for me, I can't find it anywhere.

Now there is this new 1946 game. What does this add? And does it contain content from previous versions? So I could buy 1946 and have all content from previous games?

Some pretty random questions, but I am pretty confused.

Scorpion.233
12-08-2006, 08:55 AM
Ok, so I bought Forgotten Battles a while ago. Loved it so I ordered PF. After I ordered PF, I read that it couldn't be merged with FB without AEP.

AEP is not obtainable for me, I can't find it anywhere.

Now there is this new 1946 game. What does this add? And does it contain content from previous versions? So I could buy 1946 and have all content from previous games?

Some pretty random questions, but I am pretty confused.

knightflyte
12-08-2006, 09:00 AM
Yes. Buy the '46 DVD. It WILL have everythinbg you need. No need to go looking for the Expansion Pack to merge with FB and PF.

One simple install will get you akk of FB/EP/PF. It will include the Pe2 Add On....Sturmoviks Over Manchuria Add Onn....and the 1946 Add on.

So.....Run! Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.00. Go directly to the '46 DVD.

Scorpion.233
12-08-2006, 09:31 AM
Thanks, that's what I needed to know.

But I do think they could've made things easier with merging different versions and stuff.

knightflyte
12-08-2006, 02:13 PM
Well the series started of as IL2 Sturmovik. Originally Forgotten Battles was supposed to be an addon, but ended up being a seperate entity unto itself. The Expansion pack was a huge addon. Then came Pacific Fighters. That too was originally supposed to be stand alone, but Oleg asked if we thought merging would be a good thing. The magority resounded in the affirmative. So. Oleg made PF BOTH stand alone AND mergable with FB/EAP.

You can already see how confusing it is, and that's WITHOUT the designated patches.... and their respective version for a merged install or a PF only install.

As frantic as it could be trying to make sure you had the correct order and the merged/standalone version I think PF has added so much to the series.

Such as improved clouds.... newer flight models... improved water effects....

Now with the "IL2'46 DVD" you don't have to worry about collecting three different games and five different discs and about 4 patches. Boom one click and it's done.

Great move to send IL2 out in a blaze of glorious fun!

Scorpion.233
12-08-2006, 03:14 PM
Guess I'll wait for my copy of PF to come in. Stupid webshop said it would take 2/4 days. But I just got an email telling me they don't have it in stock, and need to get it delivered from their supplier. I would cancel it if I could, but I can't. Got it for 10 euros so I'll probably sell it or give it away when I have it, and get 1946.

Madstarr
12-10-2006, 07:13 AM
So let me see if i have got this right.

What is being said here is that the New 46DVD contains all the versions and the 46 addon all in one game?

So i could buy the 46 DVD and install it on a New computer and it would have all the former planes and campaigns of IL2 Sturmovik and all the rest?

Can i also ask.

Does the 46DVD have the internet multiplayer setup built in?? I currently have the merged FR+FB+AEP version patched up to 4.04M and i cannot find a Sturmovik server compatible with my version of the game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

mrsiCkstar
12-10-2006, 07:28 AM
right now most servers are running 4.05m... but once 46 is released in the states and everywhere else it hasn't been yet I suspect it'll take a couple of weeks for all the servers to update to 4.07m. Then you'll be able to join any 4.07m server you'd like.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://home.no.net/jonmarja/images/f4usig.jpg

knightflyte
12-10-2006, 08:54 AM
You have it right Madstarr.

Antisub
12-10-2006, 09:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I currently have the merged FR+FB+AEP version patched up to 4.04M and i cannot find a Sturmovik server compatible with my version of the game. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Madstarr, did a quick check on HL. The Big Top, 334th Dedicated, and UK-Dedicated 2 are all running v4.04, and all had around 20 people in them.

Madstarr
12-11-2006, 06:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by knightflyte:
You have it right Madstarr. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif well then if that is the case i will be investing in 1946 A.S.A.P

This is good news for us internet simpletons http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Madstarr
12-11-2006, 06:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Antisub:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I currently have the merged FR+FB+AEP version patched up to 4.04M and i cannot find a Sturmovik server compatible with my version of the game. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Madstarr, did a quick check on HL. The Big Top, 334th Dedicated, and UK-Dedicated 2 are all running v4.04, and all had around 20 people in them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the post Antisub. Well i have patched my game to 4.04m and installed ubisoft.com play on line. I can go to the lobby and click on the games and I get the incompatibility message. I have no idea why i cannot join in, but i have come to accept Computers are as stubborn as mules when they want to be. LOL

Looks like i will have to wait for 1946.

Thanks again for your concern http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

x6BL_Brando
12-11-2006, 08:22 AM
I suggest you download and install the latest version of Hyperlobby from here (http://hyperfighter.sk/) and come and fly with the majority of the on-line community.

There are still quite a few servers offering 4.04m. Coops (as opposed to dogfight arenas) are mostly 4.05 - but I noticed quite a few 4.07 games, hosted by those Europeans who benefited by an alleged goof by Amazon.de, who released the IL2-'46 DVD a week early.

Roll on Friday, when the DVD is released in the UK!

Hope the Hyperlobby tip helps, cheers

B.