PDA

View Full Version : cyborg evo force problem

ptjw
02-05-2009, 09:32 AM
Hello guys, i don't know if this is appropriate but there's not a word on this on the official saitek pages, anyway i recently bought a Saitek Cyborg Evo Force, and been using it to play 1946 for the past few days and i've noticed a mechanical problem/bug with the joystick:

when i pull the stick back to the max and fire, the motors inside the stick generate feedbacks like it was designed to, but once the feedback stops, the stick's signal isn't in the same place anymore. i don't know how can i explain this clearly,

basically when i open the saitek calibration which enables you to test the joystick's force feedback by pressing the buttons, i pulled the stick all the way to the back and the calibration screen shows me that the stick is all the way to the back. then once i press a button to activate the feedback while holding the stick all the way to the back, the calibration screen shows that the stick is only 3/4 of the way back even when i'm holding it all the way back.

i suspect that the motors that generate the force feedbacks are causing the joystick to be out of sync because it shook out of position, it is very irritating when i am chasing someone in a tight turn and once i shoot, i can't make a tight turn anymore and become a free target,

i don't think it is normal for this joystick? does anyone have a similar problem? i just bought this stick last week and this is really affecting my dogfights!! even my landings are affected when i come in on finals and the wind generates feedback and suddenly i can't pitch up high enough and plough into the runway!

can someone help me? should i go get it replaced? or is this to be expected due to the moving parts inside the cyborg evo force joystick?

thanks in advance!

wintergoose
02-05-2009, 10:04 AM
I have the same problems and it has been disqesed on this forum also before.
I have also tried to mail Saitek abouth the problem but got no answer.

I dont know where the problem is, but with other stick there is not problem so...

The feedbak are usles in IL2. I had to turn it off. I have also tried modified forsfeedback files. A little better but not axeptable.

The best solution I have found is to set the the autopilot on when I start and rotate the stick all around some times.
When you take back the controll it is a little better.

If ennybody from Saiten could give an anser it would be presiated. To make a mistake is aceptable, but not to stand for it is not.

If not I would sugest we go for NOT BY SAITEK

Urufu_Shinjiro
02-05-2009, 12:26 PM
I have an Evo Force and never had this issue. I haven't had to get support for a while now but it used to be that if you posted a problem on the forum for your stick that eventually (it may take a day or two but not much longer) a chap named UK Support would come along and offer some official advise and if it is determined to be defective he usually gave you info on how to RMA the device and get a replacement.

toogame
02-05-2009, 06:27 PM
I have the same stick and have found an answer and problem to this.

1. Make sure you have the latest drivers downloaded direct from their site, it fixes a couple of minor issues.

2. This stick does not auto calibrate itself meaning when you plug in or turn the pc on or even load up a map the stick is not aligned and not in centre even if it looks ok to begin with.
To over come this when ever starting a new map/ new server you need to spawn and do a what I call "Flight check"
Pull the stick full back, pull the stick full forward. full left full right, and full rudders left/right, even throttle up/down.

Dont just do it once each side do it a couple of times so you can calibrate it properly.

You should be sorted then.

Hope this helps

ptjw
02-05-2009, 07:45 PM
thanks for all the replies and suggestions so far, but let me go through the problem again if it is not clear,

i don't think it is a calibration problem, because each time i start the game it is centralised and every axis is working the way it is supposed to. but once i have the stick in a position other than center and a strong feedback shakes the stick, i am guessing the motors physically throw the sensors inside out of position? or is it due to a driver problem? because once there is strong feedback eg: as i said when pulled full back, the sensors inside the stick don't register the axis as being pulled full back, more like only halfway so for example when i'm flying the 109 with all the cannon pods and i'm turning in a tight turn, once i fire my cannons there is some feedback generated by the motors, once the feedback stops, my stick isn't sending a signal that it is pulled full to the back, more like only 3/4 or halfway and i am no longer in a tight turn like before. the only way to reset this is to release the stick and turn it in all directions before the stick returns to normal, then only can i continue pulling a tight turn, get what i mean?

and thanks toogame i know what you mean, but i can't keep doing the checks in the middle of a dogfight, really spoils the rhythm http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif is this a general problem with this joystick? did anyone else experience exactly this problem?

thanks again i really hope i can resolve this problem, whether its a driver problem, or my joystick is defective, it is really spoiling my flying experience! i hope i don't have to disable force feedback, that defeats the purpose of getting the cyborg evo FORCE http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

thanks again everyone, hope to fix this!!

toogame
02-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Rgr that,

When I originally purchased the stick and used the original CD, it worked ok for a couple of days then started playing up such as, force feedback would lock it in a turn and not allowing me to pull out, guns were vibrating and not stoping etc. I removed all software are reinstalled and same problem. So I then again removed all software/drivers and reinstalled the latest one off their website. Works like a charm never had a problem since.

ptjw
02-06-2009, 04:25 AM
man i'm still having the same problem! what driver version is yours? the feedback only makes my y-axis out of place but the x-axis isn't that bad, i still don't know if its a hardware/software issue..

toogame
02-06-2009, 07:30 AM
http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php

thats the site put in your details and download

But ya gotta have a fresh install, delete the old drivers and soft.

Thats all I know, if it still plays up get a refund