PDA

View Full Version : RAF Battle over Britian Campaign Voice pack question

Sun_Ra
03-02-2005, 06:45 AM
Yesterday I downloaded Extreme One's Battle Over Britian Campaign. I was not expecting the new radio chat and music to play all the time, thought it was just inteneded to play if I was actually in the campaign. Perhaps I didn't extract it correctly? Anyway I need to remove or set it up to just play when I'm in his Campaign, it looks to be well done and I'm looking forward to trying it when I'm too hung over to fly on-line. It's not right to be flying on-line in a zero and hearing the British chatter over and over... How can I set it up correctly?

Sun_Ra
03-02-2005, 06:45 AM
Yesterday I downloaded Extreme One's Battle Over Britian Campaign. I was not expecting the new radio chat and music to play all the time, thought it was just inteneded to play if I was actually in the campaign. Perhaps I didn't extract it correctly? Anyway I need to remove or set it up to just play when I'm in his Campaign, it looks to be well done and I'm looking forward to trying it when I'm too hung over to fly on-line. It's not right to be flying on-line in a zero and hearing the British chatter over and over... How can I set it up correctly?

EURO_Snoopy
03-02-2005, 08:55 AM
http://www.airwarfare.com/sturmovik_101/faq_index.htm#085

Sun_Ra
03-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the link.
In future, is there a better way to extract the sound files so they only play when in a certain campaign? I bet I should have pointed the extraction to the RAF.

Skycat_2
03-02-2005, 09:31 PM
I think that the 'chatter' file either replaces a music file or takes advantage of a feature where if there is a properly named file in the samples folder the game will find it and use it instead of a default music file. In other words, a different location (like the RAF folder) probably won't create a 'nationality specific' campaign chatter effect.

If the chatter bothers you, try renaming that file so the game won't use it. That might restore the default ingame music if that's what you prefer. (Note: I'm only speculating here.)