PDA

View Full Version : Problem with jumpy guards

unnamedninja
11-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Alright i'm just out of masayaf, going to damascus and the guards around here are always giving me the red eye thingy and it's making that annoying blinking noise, if i go sorta near one of them i get attacked?

Not sure what i'm doing wrong, but the guards start off as "informed" ie my hud shows the eye thingy as yellow all the time, any way to fix it?

unnamedninja
11-16-2007, 10:09 AM
Sorry for doublepost but i cant edit my original for some reason. I meant that the eye thing is blinking red the whole time while i'm blended, and blinking red with the noise when i dont.

Raide
11-16-2007, 10:46 AM
If you do anything that makes you a suspect they will switch you Red. The only way to drop this is not go near them and break the line of sight. Once it has broken (Hide from them, jump in hay etc)

The red eye thing is ok, you will know if they go to attack you. Just stay out of their way and don't randomly punch or stab anyone http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Blending won't do a huge amount if they already suspect you. Just hide for a bit and you should be ok. If you have any more problems, just post here.

Raide
UK Forum Manager

avsrule247
11-16-2007, 10:51 AM
I don't really understand the red and yellow witness thing either. All I can say is that if it is yellow, you can run and punch people and etc. If it is flashing red and beeping, then anything you basically do will get them to attack you. However if it is red and beeping you can go into blend, and it will just go red until you lose the line of sight.

TheECP
11-16-2007, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by avsrule247:
I don't really understand the red and yellow witness thing either. All I can say is that if it is yellow, you can run and punch people and etc. If it is flashing red and beeping, then anything you basically do will get them to attack you. However if it is red and beeping you can go into blend, and it will just go red until you lose the line of sight.

Umm, actually you understand it completely, LOL.

unnamedninja
11-16-2007, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone, i think i've got it figured out but i was wondering if between masayaf and damascus are all the guards supposed to be "informed"? at the stage where they have the swords drawn. Just walking up to one of them gets me attacked, if it's supposed to be like that that's just fine. Just wondering if i can make them go back to relaxed etc, where they dont have the hands on their swords.

I read in the manual that when you start a new session you're anonymous, does that mean new game or just after reloading from a checkpoint? i've tried restarting the xbox, also getting myself killed and these village guards are just informed %100 of the time, can't seem to go back to anonymous.

I hope i didnt break something from causing all that havok back at masayaf http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

TheECP
11-16-2007, 11:03 AM
The guards in the kingdom section are always informed.

unnamedninja
11-16-2007, 11:05 AM
Ok cool, problem solved http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif