PDA

View Full Version : Ahh... Roma! What a tease?!

m3rcer
11-24-2009, 10:07 PM
The one thing I was most looking forward to in AC2 was the chance to run around and explore (all or most of) Rome. Instead we are teased with but a small portion of the Vatican. Despite the game being quite excellent, I still feel somewhat let down. Sigh...

If Ubi-Mont were to add Rome as DLC I would gladly pay for it.

godsmack_darius
11-24-2009, 10:13 PM
I feel your pain my friend I was tempted to go swim into the water in Rome and free run, but of coarse it didnt let me, I could see all the beautiful buildings but unfortunatly no....

SPOILER****

Sneaking into the Sistine Chapel Like that?!?! Get real? That was tooo easy, arrows, spears, Guards MORE SPEARS, MORE ARROWS, would come flying after you if you attempted to do that

Edengoth
11-24-2009, 10:21 PM
Well, it WAS a setup, after all.

Dub_C
11-24-2009, 11:16 PM
Agreed. I was really hoping that Rome played a much larger role than it did. I do think there's a good chance it could be in a future DLC package. We don't have memory sequences 12 or 13 yet, and Im fairly sure there is one section of Venice still blocked off. So hopefully that is the setting for one of the sequences, but not both.

Like, I was REALLY looking forward to Rome. Great game still, but man, I did die a little inside when I realized how short and limited that segment was.

Teeem3000
11-24-2009, 11:42 PM
I had pretty much set myself up for dissappointment after I had to collect all the codex to continue the game.

NekoKera
11-25-2009, 12:17 AM
Pretty much explains why most devs would shy away from talking about Rome in the Developer Diaries. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

I kinda had a feeling Rome wouldn't be a big deal while most friends were so sure they were going to fight in the Coliseum or meander among the ruins and climb some o the most pristine buildings...but then again what justice would that do for the storyline if it wasn't needed. For all people could be satisfied for there are dozens of more cities in Italy, Renaissance and overall the world would not be enough. However Rome would have still been a nice feature thrown in there, but meh. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Smurphftw
11-25-2009, 05:53 AM
Yeah I was hoping to do a leap of faith off of the Leaning Tower. That would have been utterly epic.

Was it leaning in the late 15th century?

Regardless of how much or how little it was leaning, it still would have been the greatest single moment in gaming history.

caswallawn_2k7
11-25-2009, 05:57 AM
I don't get how people are disappointed I said this would happen from the start.

RuYi89
11-25-2009, 06:23 AM
Yeah, I kind of missed that too. First thing I did when stepping food in Rome was climbing on a tower so I could figure out the fastest way to the Colosseum.

Could be excellent DLC material, me thinks. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Foppezao
11-25-2009, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by Smurphftw:
Yeah I was hoping to do a leap of faith off of the Leaning Tower. That would have been utterly epic.

Regardless of how much or how little it was leaning, it still would have been the greatest single moment in gaming history.

That is Pisa *kuch* turd...
A good thing this game is so educative, hope you all check the database now and then and learn some about Italy...
Anywayz i quess there is a mission in the Sistine Chapel? that alone is already epic, for some reason i didnt thought they were gonna make Roma as big as FLorence or Venice...
But then again they should have changed the legenda changing Rome into Vatican..

ForsakenMessiah
11-25-2009, 07:11 AM

the leaning tower of Pisa is in Pisa funnily enough, and is closer to Florence than Rome

Lights Out Asia
11-25-2009, 12:00 PM
I wasn't exactly surprised but I was a bit disappointed.

I too would gladly pay for it as a DLC.

Cryps1
11-25-2009, 01:08 PM
Rome was just another "Arsuf"

IV_trailer
11-25-2009, 01:50 PM
What is arsuf?

@Foppezao:
Indeed. Vatican isn't even italy. It is a state on there own.

CRUDFACE
11-25-2009, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by IV_trailer:
What is arsuf?

@Foppezao:

arsuf is the last area in assassin's creed 1 which was a small area where you visit breifly

caswallawn_2k7
11-25-2009, 02:33 PM
only for the last few decades.

IV_trailer
11-25-2009, 02:34 PM
Oh. You mean the part where you speak to the king after killing eight? templars at the same time and killing a "boss".

Was arsuf a big city then normally?

EDIT:
"only for the last few decades."
Didn't know that.

caswallawn_2k7
11-25-2009, 02:46 PM
was only granted independence some time in the early 1900's. (if I remember right it was around the time of the world wars)

monkeyuncle8
11-25-2009, 04:36 PM
you really have to understand how hard it is to do this sort of stuff and they decided to go with diversity so they had to sacrifice a few things

Cornik22
11-25-2009, 04:39 PM
We don't have memory sequences 12 or 13 yet
We do. What happen in those sequences is explained in the ds game (AC2: Discovery). Ezio travels to Spain to fight templars, rescue fellow assasins and help Cristobal Colon discover America.

m3rcer
11-25-2009, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Cornik22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We don't have memory sequences 12 or 13 yet
We do. What happen in those sequences is explained in the ds game (AC2: Discovery). Ezio travels to Spain to fight templars, rescue fellow assasins and help Cristobal Colon discover America. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's not forget - AC2: Discovery is also coming to iPhone & iPod Touch. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

And by chance, has anyone had a chance to play this on DS? I'm guessing perhaps we'll see some Rome gameplay in there.

Smurphftw
11-25-2009, 07:22 PM
Hey no need for name calling. I already knew it was the leaning tower of Pisa. I was just using shorthand.

However I didn't know it wasn't in Rome so thanks for clarifying that.

ForsakenMessiah thank you for not being a complete *** in correcting me.

Doesn't change the fact that I would love to do a leap of faith off that tower http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Crash_Plague
11-25-2009, 07:32 PM
Hey no need for name calling. I already knew it was the leaning tower of Pisa. I was just using shorthand.

However I didn't know it wasn't in Rome so thanks for clarifying that.

ForsakenMessiah thank you for not being a complete *** in correcting me.

Doesn't change the fact that I would love to do a leap of faith off that tower http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Haha, as would I.

yeah, just don't pay much attention to the other guy, he's a useless *so colourful* of a templar. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

EDIT: ahem, apparently that word isn't blocked... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif

DeSabellis
11-26-2009, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
I don't get how people are disappointed I said this would happen from the start.

Believe it or not, right when Rome appeared in game, I remember thinking how you said it would be like Arsuf, and sure as s**t you were right.

Even with that said, I was very disappointed just like everyone else. I personally think $60 should have been enough to have all of Rome (and Florence...), not speculation of a DLC just to unlock it...

rknall
11-26-2009, 09:17 AM
The thing I looked most for was Venice, and this city just did not disappoint.

But what I really want in the next version is a living city, ala people not just wandering around, but really going on with their lives, like in GTA IV a little bit.

Buying food, discussing, going inro houses (you obviously can not follow, coming out of them, ...