PDA

View Full Version : Can't keep up with my flight in PF

jimnms
01-06-2005, 12:49 PM
I have FB and I know this has always been a problem, but it seems much worse in PF. I'm flying an F4F campaign, and up until now all I've had were scramble missions so it hasn't been a problem.

Now we're on a patrol mission and the rest of the flight is leaving me behind. In FB it's easy to keep up by flying a higher AS and lower VS, but it's not working in PF, at least with the F4F. I can fly level, trimmed, full power and still watch them gain distance while they are also clilmbing.

Isn't it about time to fix this?

jimnms
01-06-2005, 12:49 PM
I have FB and I know this has always been a problem, but it seems much worse in PF. I'm flying an F4F campaign, and up until now all I've had were scramble missions so it hasn't been a problem.

Now we're on a patrol mission and the rest of the flight is leaving me behind. In FB it's easy to keep up by flying a higher AS and lower VS, but it's not working in PF, at least with the F4F. I can fly level, trimmed, full power and still watch them gain distance while they are also clilmbing.

Isn't it about time to fix this?

x__CRASH__x
01-06-2005, 12:56 PM
Happens too us all.

AI cheats

-FACT

DarkCanuck420
01-06-2005, 01:01 PM
turn on autopilot, it can cheat for you too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
===============================================

Latico
01-06-2005, 04:27 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one that experiences this problem. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

MoritzJGOne
01-06-2005, 04:33 PM
The AI planes have 'Robot pilots' and "speed of light" inputs. This is why I find the new British BOB game that claims to have "Dumbed Down" the AI to be very interesting and the AI responses will be as slow as mine (maybe?)

sc1949
01-06-2005, 05:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jimnms:

Isn't it about time to fix this? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Start your campaigns with higher rank, then they have to follow you.

HvyPetals
01-06-2005, 06:42 PM
who makes the BoB game?

DarkCanuck420
01-06-2005, 10:51 PM
Robert

AlmightyTallest
01-06-2005, 11:10 PM
lol DarkCanuck, buddump bump *cymbol crash* http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

HvyPetals, Oleg is working on the new simulation Battle of Britain (BoB) but supposedly it won't be available for late this year or sometime in 2006.

Tully__
01-06-2005, 11:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HvyPetals:
who makes the BoB game? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are two (three?) games referred to as Battle of Britain:

Most commonly here, it's the working title of 1C:Maddox's next title, due for release late this year or maybe early next year.

You'll also occasionally see reference to Rowan's Battle of Britain, a game released a few years ago and now only occasionally available in the bargain bins. My copy was distributed by Big Bytes. I haven't yet installed and tryed it, so I can't comment on playability.

There may also be a campaign pack called Battle of Britain that has missions for FB/AEP/PF.

deltorro
01-06-2005, 11:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MoritzJGOne:
The AI planes have 'Robot pilots' and "speed of light" inputs. This is why I find the new British BOB game that claims to have "Dumbed Down" the AI to be very interesting and the AI responses will be as slow as mine (maybe?) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kinda struck me as funny when I read this. Especially after reading all over these boards at how people want the AI to be smarter.....I know what your saying, just read it wrong the first ti.....eh....nevermind......

Philipscdrw
01-07-2005, 03:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tully__:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HvyPetals:
who makes the BoB game? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are two (three?) games referred to as Battle of Britain:

Most commonly here, it's the working title of 1C:Maddox's next title, due for release late this year or maybe early next year.

You'll also occasionally see reference to Rowan's Battle of Britain, a game released a few years ago and now only occasionally available in the bargain bins. My copy was distributed by Big Bytes. I haven't yet installed and tryed it, so I can't comment on playability.

There may also be a campaign pack called Battle of Britain that has missions for FB/AEP/PF. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shockwave are producing Battle of Britain II - Wings of Victory... http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/notams04/shoc1223.htm