PDA

View Full Version : THE HOME BUILD COCKPIT & DEVICE LINK THREAD- IDEAS, LINKS PICS ECT.

Copperhead310th
01-23-2007, 06:04 PM
Ok since Hammy the UBI forum hamster kicked the bucket and and the board got sent back into the dark ages of Pre- 1946, i'm restarting the thread.

So the basic idea here is to get & share some ideas on home built cockpits, design, constructition, materials and resources to biuld a very nice home pit for my self. and anyone else who would like to follow a long.

So we'll need Pics and Links for designs,
Mateirals,and device link hardware.

1st off I spent the better part of 14 years as an electrician. and the rest in other varing trades here and there. but one thing i was never really good at was caprentry. & can weld ok. but wood working is our of the question. i can get buy ok but i'm buy far not an expert.

Right now for the past 4/5 yers i've been driving a truck, and at the moment i'm running a route for a welding supply outfit. What's that got to do with building a pit? EVERY thing. i'm enlisting the aid of some of my buddies i deliver to @ a Machine shop, and a Auto budy Shop to help out on this little prodject. And we have full acees to the shops equipment. Laser tables, paint booths, ect. ect. all of which i'm planing on using in this prodject.

the current plan is a wooden framed pit, with almuinum skin a full set of WORKING device link guages & devices. Idealy i'd like to do away with the keyboard compleatly. This will Also be a PORTABLE cokpit.by portable i mean it won't take a two ppl to move the damn thing. it will be modular in design. Split down the midle, with a seating section that is seperate from the main part of this pit. We're thinking 3 or 4 peices. And atractive looking. Pleasingly estetic to the eye, (as so not to totally pi$$ off the wife/girlfriend by having this this thing in the house. Since this will be a WIP, we're going BASIC. Future prodjects mey be far more elborate and lean twords a replica type pit, but for now simple, easy & practical are the the KEYWORDS.

So with that lets get started.

PLEASE POST ANY PICS OR LINKS YOU HAVE.
Device link guys, please list you hardwear suppliers.

Copperhead310th
01-23-2007, 06:04 PM
Ok since Hammy the UBI forum hamster kicked the bucket and and the board got sent back into the dark ages of Pre- 1946, i'm restarting the thread.

So the basic idea here is to get & share some ideas on home built cockpits, design, constructition, materials and resources to biuld a very nice home pit for my self. and anyone else who would like to follow a long.

So we'll need Pics and Links for designs,
Mateirals,and device link hardware.

1st off I spent the better part of 14 years as an electrician. and the rest in other varing trades here and there. but one thing i was never really good at was caprentry. & can weld ok. but wood working is our of the question. i can get buy ok but i'm buy far not an expert.

Right now for the past 4/5 yers i've been driving a truck, and at the moment i'm running a route for a welding supply outfit. What's that got to do with building a pit? EVERY thing. i'm enlisting the aid of some of my buddies i deliver to @ a Machine shop, and a Auto budy Shop to help out on this little prodject. And we have full acees to the shops equipment. Laser tables, paint booths, ect. ect. all of which i'm planing on using in this prodject.

the current plan is a wooden framed pit, with almuinum skin a full set of WORKING device link guages & devices. Idealy i'd like to do away with the keyboard compleatly. This will Also be a PORTABLE cokpit.by portable i mean it won't take a two ppl to move the damn thing. it will be modular in design. Split down the midle, with a seating section that is seperate from the main part of this pit. We're thinking 3 or 4 peices. And atractive looking. Pleasingly estetic to the eye, (as so not to totally pi$$ off the wife/girlfriend by having this this thing in the house. Since this will be a WIP, we're going BASIC. Future prodjects mey be far more elborate and lean twords a replica type pit, but for now simple, easy & practical are the the KEYWORDS.

So with that lets get started.

PLEASE POST ANY PICS OR LINKS YOU HAVE.
Device link guys, please list you hardwear suppliers.

Copperhead310th
01-23-2007, 06:50 PM
opps. never mind. everyone please refer to this thread:

Home built cockpit thread from the UBI IL-2 Tech forums. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/49310655/m/3821084134)

I looked and this wasn't there. But it's there now so.... Mods please close this thread. ty.

ShaK.
01-23-2007, 07:05 PM
here is a "good" idea I have for others to try
http://home.mchsi.com/~fire-80/wsb/media/525602/site1040.JPG

Philipscdrw
01-23-2007, 07:31 PM
ShaK, to be more accurate, that should be "Simulating landing in a forest in a glider"...

Put a petrol-can on the sim-pit for simulating landing a powered aircraft in a forest...