PDA

View Full Version : Things we need in the next patch

ewansdad27
05-08-2010, 08:07 AM
oOk i know theres a lot of issues with splinter cell but for all that actually get to play it, heres my list of what i want...BADLY.

1: A blimmin game lobby so we can arrange games and so forth.

2:Voip or at least flaming chat in game. This takes the pee tbh

3:I want 2 v 2, like good old days.

4: Your ai sucks ubi make it harder

That should do it for me

sam2000_290
05-08-2010, 09:11 AM
LMAO!

1. Ok
2. Yes I agree
3. Uh....spy vs. spy
4. NO!!! They are very hard for me. I got used to the game and they are still hard on realistic.

GHkstra
05-08-2010, 10:05 AM
- Make the game playable for more than one account.
- Multiple savegames, so you can play the story on different levels at the same time.
- Manual saving instead of automatic saving.

anttonoo
05-08-2010, 11:42 AM
1. Better optimization.

2. Fix for conviction_game.exe has stopped working.

3. Chat and VOIP in game lobby and while in game.

comicsserg18
05-08-2010, 12:15 PM
- Make b/w just for Sam not for all things of make an option for turning it completely off
- Harder AI
- Multiple saves as GHkstra told
- No infinite ammo and more gadgets. Now you can win with just one pistol

Ceibalk
05-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Not really needed, but easy fixes.

- Add a silencer to the USP .45
- Fix the extended mag bug for pistols

Extended mag bug posted here: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...258/m/2421063958/p/2 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7211014258/m/2421063958/p/2)

ewansdad27
05-09-2010, 04:55 AM
Lets keep this list going guys. Oh 3 more thngs.

1: Lets change the cover to manual cover ( not just clicking a button to get sam to auto hide for us)

2: Where did the cool looking splits in the air move go
http://files.ladoshki.com/data/news/2008-12/splinter_cell_split_jump.jpg

3: Turn off that stupid unlimited ammo for the pistols or at least give us the option.

temetys1
05-09-2010, 05:29 AM
All I want them to do is make that matchmaking work so I can play coop!!!!

comicsserg18
05-09-2010, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by ewansdad27:
Lets keep this list going guys. Oh 3 more thngs.

1: Lets change the cover to manual cover ( not just clicking a button to get sam to auto hide for us)

2: Where did the cool looking splits in the air move go
http://files.ladoshki.com/data/news/2008-12/splinter_cell_split_jump.jpg

3: Turn off that stupid unlimited ammo for the pistols or at least give us the option.

Totally Agree. all cool stuff is gone, very stupid of ubi, why don't they make it better.
e.g. they kept everything of SC:PT and then add some new features in SC:CT and it was great, it was and still is the best game ever. Why don't they do it now???????? Why did they change the gameplay????

iztari
05-09-2010, 02:38 PM
I really miss a few more things:

1. Interactable objects, like cans, flasks and other throwable objects.
2. Computers, Passcodes and lockpicking.
3. Splits and half-splits, but Sam is starting to get old and perhaps not so agile anymore.
4. Zip-lines and more possible ways to enter buildings, now it is or two at the most (Except the barracs at the airfield).
5. More climbable objects, like the toilets at the airfield.

I could live without or things that could be improved:

1. Unlimited gun ammo.
2. The characters fondness for bashing doors rather then using H2H if a mob is standing beside a door.
3. Mobs (without googles) that can see you even if you are in the dark.
4. A little larger "targetbox" around buttons, climbable walls. And a little less sensitive targetarea around jumpable objects like desks, boxes and low walls.

Regarding the AI, it is not to bad but VERY predicatable. I would like to see the AI's being able to use all pre-set walkpaths. This way they can change their rutine and not patrol in a circle. The path check could be called everytime there is a radio chatter and if the mob is close to a point where two or more walkpaths intersects.

Dellers
05-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by temetys1:
All I want them to do is make that matchmaking work so I can play coop!!!!
Uh, the matchmaking is working fine...Just make sure you have the 1.02 patch and all the required ports opened, and you WILL find people all the time.
Personally the only thing I would really want is for the game to be better optimized. Outdoors in Washington D.C. is lagging quite a lot even when I turn down the graphics to low and 640*480...No difference at all from 1680*1050 with high settings...NONE. Pretty frustrating when it's lagging no matter what, and I have a good PC (I can run Crysis on ultra in 1680*1050 with decent FPS)

Ronin-blade2005
05-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Sorry Dellers, the matchmaking is not working at all. I have 1.02 installed and have not been able to play Co-op at all. Disabled firewalls and everything else I can think of but it just does not work.

Dellers
05-09-2010, 04:20 PM
Strange...It's been working every single time I've tried since I got the game on thursday. No problems whatsoever, and I never managed to get Chaos Theory working. I guess it's something at your place(s) that blocks the matchmaking from working, but it's not easy to know exactly what...

Netherheim
05-09-2010, 05:40 PM
I've never had to open any ports (although I might need to soon since I am using a wireless router), but I had been able to get really good game, just takes a little longer for matchmaking.

TripSin.
05-09-2010, 08:12 PM
A WAY TO TURN OFF THIS RIDICULOUS MOUSE SMOOTHING/ACCELERATION OR WHATEVER.

I haven't even played the game yet because it's so ridiculous. I can't believe I trusted 65 dollars to Ubisoft to not fail again. Ughhhh, I hate them so much now! One sloppily done game after another!

darkzero7
05-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by iztari:
I really miss a few more things:

1. Interactable objects, like cans, flasks and other throwable objects.
2. Computers, Passcodes and lockpicking.
3. Splits and half-splits, but Sam is starting to get old and perhaps not so agile anymore.
4. Zip-lines and more possible ways to enter buildings, now it is or two at the most (Except the barracs at the airfield).
5. More climbable objects, like the toilets at the airfield.

I could live without or things that could be improved:

1. Unlimited gun ammo.
2. The characters fondness for bashing doors rather then using H2H if a mob is standing beside a door.
3. Mobs (without googles) that can see you even if you are in the dark.
4. A little larger "targetbox" around buttons, climbable walls. And a little less sensitive targetarea around jumpable objects like desks, boxes and low walls.

Regarding the AI, it is not to bad but VERY predicatable. I would like to see the AI's being able to use all pre-set walkpaths. This way they can change their rutine and not patrol in a circle. The path check could be called everytime there is a radio chatter and if the mob is close to a point where two or more walkpaths intersects.

I loled at #2, however i find it pretty hilarious whenever my guy bashes a door on a dude instead of h2h

Netherheim
05-10-2010, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Forsaeken:
A WAY TO TURN OFF THIS RIDICULOUS MOUSE SMOOTHING/ACCELERATION OR WHATEVER.

I haven't even played the game yet because it's so ridiculous. I can't believe I trusted 65 dollars to Ubisoft to not fail again. Ughhhh, I hate them so much now! One sloppily done game after another!

Mouse smoothing, if you haven't known, can be fixed by decreasing the mouse acceleration in the properties of your mouse device, not in the actual game itself. Sensitivity doesn't work that way. Although, I've never had this problem after the patch.

And yes, Ubisoft has had too much fails over the past years. I just can't believe that Conviction BOMBED even after they had a game like AC2 come out with WAY less problems and complaints.

Why couldn't the Conviction team follow the epic-ness that was the Chaos Theory team?

temetys1
05-11-2010, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Ronin-blade2005:
Sorry Dellers, the matchmaking is not working at all. I have 1.02 installed and have not been able to play Co-op at all. Disabled firewalls and everything else I can think of but it just does not work.

Same problem here http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif