PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Issues with Mac version...

FloorGeneral3
10-06-2004, 08:59 PM
Hello everyone. First post and I'm a huge Myst fan(I own Exile for my Mac. Myst and Riven are owned for Playstation.) Bear with me as I vent a little.

Finally picked the game up last night. Went to install it, and when it was done, instead of getting an icon to double click and play, all I had was a folder with a red minus sign indicating I had no rights with the folder. After messing around with the permissions, and trying the demo fix, still didn't work. Booted up from my external HD, and started to install it there. Surprise!! It worked. So I set out to find why it wouldn't install on my internal HD. I repaired permissions and cleaned my drive up with Disk Warrior, only to have the same thing happen. I installed it to a few different places (App folder, root of HD, desktop) and got the same thing every time.(That folder icon with the annoying red minus sign). I have no idea why, but I can install it to my internal HD and it won't work, meanwhile I can install it to my external drive and it starts right up. I think I'll do a little more investigating tomorrow to see if I can come up with a solution to the internal problem. Atleast I'm able to play the game off of my external. Hopefully I won't have any other problems so I can enjoy the game in peace. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

FloorGeneral3
10-06-2004, 08:59 PM
Hello everyone. First post and I'm a huge Myst fan(I own Exile for my Mac. Myst and Riven are owned for Playstation.) Bear with me as I vent a little.

Finally picked the game up last night. Went to install it, and when it was done, instead of getting an icon to double click and play, all I had was a folder with a red minus sign indicating I had no rights with the folder. After messing around with the permissions, and trying the demo fix, still didn't work. Booted up from my external HD, and started to install it there. Surprise!! It worked. So I set out to find why it wouldn't install on my internal HD. I repaired permissions and cleaned my drive up with Disk Warrior, only to have the same thing happen. I installed it to a few different places (App folder, root of HD, desktop) and got the same thing every time.(That folder icon with the annoying red minus sign). I have no idea why, but I can install it to my internal HD and it won't work, meanwhile I can install it to my external drive and it starts right up. I think I'll do a little more investigating tomorrow to see if I can come up with a solution to the internal problem. Atleast I'm able to play the game off of my external. Hopefully I won't have any other problems so I can enjoy the game in peace. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif