PDA

View Full Version : Im ashamed. Over a year and no trim.

dazza9806482
01-21-2005, 02:23 AM
Thats right guys, i have flown for over a year on il2, and never used trim.

despite all the wealth of information on planes and combat and dogfighting i have learned, and despite reading countless times from various experts on the use of trim and its importance. i ignored it.

then last night, i mapped elevator to my mouse wheel....

it was like my P51 had rocket boosters.

i am a fool.

i am struggling to realise how i got by without it.

tonight i might try rudder!

dazza9806482
01-21-2005, 02:23 AM

despite all the wealth of information on planes and combat and dogfighting i have learned, and despite reading countless times from various experts on the use of trim and its importance. i ignored it.

i am a fool.

tonight i might try rudder!

BaldieJr
01-21-2005, 02:30 AM
Some planes don't need rudder trim (p40 comes to mind). Just watch the slip indicator.

If you get the ball centerd and youre rolling, aileron trim till your wings stay level.

Trim is what makes the p63 uber. That plane will haul **** when trimmed clean.

triggerhappyfin
01-21-2005, 03:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dazza9806482:

i am a fool.

tonight i might try rudder! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don´t be ashamed...I´ve played the game since original IL-2 came out on shelves and not come to this until reasent.

Now I´ve made a "trimbox" with three pots, coonection to my TM Elite pedals and with four additional swithes.

And the trimming really makes a differens, you are able to see who´s trimming and who´s not.

It´s easy to catch up a similar plane as yours when using trimming. both top and cruise speed increases.

dazza9806482
01-21-2005, 06:18 AM
Thing is im limited in having no sliders to use. trimming with keys or mouse wheel seemed a bit of a chore.

maybe i should get a stick with a few sliders..

ive only got a saitex rumbley joystick

ECV56_MagOO
01-21-2005, 06:32 AM
Wait till you try to aim with a well trimmed plane, if you where good before you´ll doing surgery now, BTW I´ve got my X45 set with trims in the throtle´s knobs, works like a charm.
Salute!

jetsetsam
01-21-2005, 12:41 PM
I don't bother with the rudder trim too much but have set up the other two trims with my left and right arrows. Every once in a while (or when I have to) I just toggle the arrow keys a couple of times and things are smooth.

BuzzardHead
01-21-2005, 01:04 PM
Trim on a slider.RBJ would be proud!

"What's past is prolouge"....William Shakespere

Tully__
01-21-2005, 04:01 PM
For those of you stuck with no spare sliders, you may benefit from reading this post (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=49310655&m=3481017842&r=2291047842#2291047842)

LEXX_Luthor
01-21-2005, 05:54 PM
That's why I valued RBJ Of The Luftwaffe posting here, back then every flight simmer who looked at teh ubi.com "trim forums" Knew all about Delayed trim.

Yep, I never bothered with trim until I mapped it to mousewheel. Works much better now.