PDA

View Full Version : The "elegant design " of the hook blade ?



killzab
12-11-2011, 11:22 AM
What does Yusuf mean when he says you can use either the blade or the hook ?

Is it because the hook is sharp on the edges ?

I checked and Ezio definitely uses the hook when he pierces through the enemies flesh, lol I didn't know a round angle could pierce like that !

Sarari
12-11-2011, 11:24 AM
It makes no sense. They should've made the hook in the middle of the blade like on the cover of Revelations. That would of made sense.

ProdiGurl
12-11-2011, 11:49 AM
I wish I cared, I just don't.
Technicalities just don't bother me.

killzab
12-11-2011, 12:02 PM
I wished I didn't, but once I see it, I cannot unsee it.

TorQue1988
12-11-2011, 12:05 PM
Yeah i agree, i don't know why they didn't keep the design from the concept art, or why didn't they make some sort of sliding hook or something like that...

Serrachio
12-11-2011, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by TorQue1988:
Yeah i agree, i don't know why they didn't keep the design from the concept art, or why didn't they make some sort of sliding hook or something like that...

I think it's a bit awkward how the hook is angled in towards the blade in those images. If it was angled like a right angle, with the sharp tip curving back towards the blade, I'd have thought it would have looked useful.

Inorganic9_2
12-11-2011, 01:30 PM
I believe the hook blade works such that the hook slides down the blade when pushed from the top. Hence, when the top of the hook is stabbed towards an enemy, the hook is pushed down, allowing the point of the blade to push into their body. This movement doesn't impair climbing, as the weight acts in the opposite direction.

ProdiGurl
12-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
I believe the hook blade works such that the hook slides down the blade when pushed from the top. Hence, when the top of the hook is stabbed towards an enemy, the hook is pushed down, allowing the point of the blade to push into their body. This movement doesn't impair climbing, as the weight acts in the opposite direction.

Gosh I hope so

Inorganic9_2
12-11-2011, 03:18 PM
It makes sense for it to work like that. Plus, I can't think of a better way for it to work. If anyone has one, do say.

killzab
12-11-2011, 03:33 PM
Well ingame it doesn't slide lol, it stays at the tip

Inorganic9_2
12-11-2011, 03:44 PM
That's just lack of animation, I imagine.

NewBlade200
12-11-2011, 04:59 PM
Ezio can cut through flesh and bone with a blunt object...
Ezio can kill 20 men with his fists...
Ezio can climb a 3 story building in 3 seconds...
Ezio's beard is the only living witness of a pope dying of apples...

Anyone else getting a Chuck Norris vibe?

Serrachio
12-11-2011, 05:10 PM
An idea popped into my head for how the hook could possibly work.

The hook could work on a slider and snap-hinge.

When needed for combat and climbing, Ezio can hook onto people and things by having the hook snapped out, and as someone else mentioned, it can slide down to let the blade do its work.

When it's needed to be stored away, it can be snapped shut and slid away so Ezio can use his hands.

There could also be a mechanism that allows him to lock the hook into place on the bracer and retract the blade on its own normally.

SlimeDynamiteD
12-12-2011, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
I wish I cared, I just don't.
Technicalities just don't bother me.

True Dat!

LightRey
12-12-2011, 04:10 AM
The hook has its own separate mechanism, allowing it to slide out with the blade if necessary.