PDA

View Full Version : Is My Joystick too old?

Entiat
03-12-2005, 01:11 PM
I selected the "use joystick " option at setup, and my joystick is working and calibrated.

But I cant configure (for example) the x and y axis to the joystick, I turn the handle and nothing happens.

I can reconfigure to the buttons on the joystick, but it doesnt recognize the throttle or joystick itself. I cant fly the plane with my josystick and it wont let me change configure it to do so.

My stick is at least 5 years old, maybe thats why. Its a Saitek cyborg gold usb.

Entiat
03-12-2005, 01:11 PM
I selected the "use joystick " option at setup, and my joystick is working and calibrated.

But I cant configure (for example) the x and y axis to the joystick, I turn the handle and nothing happens.

I can reconfigure to the buttons on the joystick, but it doesnt recognize the throttle or joystick itself. I cant fly the plane with my josystick and it wont let me change configure it to do so.

My stick is at least 5 years old, maybe thats why. Its a Saitek cyborg gold usb.

PawneeWarrior
03-12-2005, 01:20 PM
You should have no problems...I use a 10 year old CH F-16 Combat Stick (gameport) . I was in the same boat about none to select...so I use the generic 6 button/2 hat selection and it works ok...I just cant use my second hat ( It just does the same as the first hat)

plumps_
03-12-2005, 02:45 PM
Go to the HOTAS section at the bottom of the controls menu to tell the game which axis to use.

The Saitek Cyborg Gold USB certainly is not too old. I'm still using it myself.

Tully__
03-12-2005, 07:42 PM
Click the Joysticks... link under my signature picture. It sounds like you've got another controller installed as well, see the section in that article about adding extra controllers.