PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about PF

Sockeye45
10-25-2004, 09:13 AM
Hi guys, new to the forum, and I'm a little confused about something.

Is Pacific Fighters a stand-alone game, or is it an expansion for IL-2? Or both??? I'm very confused at the moment since I've been browsing the forum and it looks to me as though some people are talking about it as its own game, and others as an expansion pack. Just hoping someone can clear this up for me; thanks alot.

Cheers

Sockeye45
10-25-2004, 09:13 AM
Hi guys, new to the forum, and I'm a little confused about something.

Is Pacific Fighters a stand-alone game, or is it an expansion for IL-2? Or both??? I'm very confused at the moment since I've been browsing the forum and it looks to me as though some people are talking about it as its own game, and others as an expansion pack. Just hoping someone can clear this up for me; thanks alot.

Cheers

fluup
10-25-2004, 09:15 AM
PF is standalone AND an update for FB+AEP, though I recommand getting both FB+AEP+PF. I have PF standalone too but there is ABSOLUTELY no multiplayer support for that... thanks Ubi.

DSS187
10-25-2004, 09:16 AM
stand alone, although online you might want to own all of them since you can install PF on top of FB/ACE like an expansion. Still, it can be stand alone as well.

Jetenginedr
It's both,

Stand alone AND add-on (for convenience)

Biloxi72
S!
Yep it is both. When you get it it will prompt you in the beginning to load as a stand alone or to be add-on to FB:AEP. Most people in here already have the FB:AEP and just go add on. This option was made by Oleg after getting the consensus from the people on the boards. I also heared you "Might" be able to also load pf as a stand alone and a addon. Can anyone verify this?

Sockeye45
10-25-2004, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the fast responce!.... time to order

Cheers