PDA

View Full Version : Air turbulence sound(stalling)

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 04:30 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else feel that they lowered this sound a tad too much in the latest patch?

We dont really get a good feel of the limit now because we have to rely too much on the visuals of the slight plane shake alone.If the sound for stalling is just a bit higher we can get more feel for the edge.

Oleg if you read this,then please look into this asI cant see it being hard to correct.

Message Edited on 10/23/0307:21PM by Wolfstriked

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 04:30 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else feel that they lowered this sound a tad too much in the latest patch?

We dont really get a good feel of the limit now because we have to rely too much on the visuals of the slight plane shake alone.If the sound for stalling is just a bit higher we can get more feel for the edge.

Oleg if you read this,then please look into this asI cant see it being hard to correct.

Message Edited on 10/23/0307:21PM by Wolfstriked

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 06:15 AM
Me thinks youre right, wolfstrike. Given the limited feedback from a pseudo-world, then all means possible to indicate a stall (except the red word "Stall" in the corner) should be implemented - cabin shake, sound and joystick shake.

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 07:39 AM
yeah i agree. fix it please!

"Doctor Fact is knocking at the door. Someone, please, let the man in!"

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 12:03 PM
I agree aswell!/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif I also miss the sound from the flak.

<center>

http://members.chello.se/unni/rote3.JPG

'When it comes to aircombat, I'd rather be lucky than good any day!'

</center>

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 12:12 PM
Yes, I have tro agree. There's almost no warning that you are pushing the stall now unless using an FF stick.

Regards,

RocketDog.

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 12:13 PM
Me too. The stall sound is so low, when the word 'stall' appears its to late your allready spinning to earth, please make the stall sound a tad louder, please.

cheers

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 12:18 PM
bump... it got lowered already in Il-2 1.1 upgrade... was decent in that 1.04 one, but now I use my FFB stick to feel it, works pretty well, but there are many players that don't have an FFB stick.
The complete sound stuff needs fixing anyways /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif .

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 02:58 PM
EDit:was womdering if this is just a bug certain people are experiencing.Ian boys,if you read this can you comment?

Great...Im not the only one.I dont really think that Oleg wanted it this low but I may be wrong.The reason I say this is when you fire up IL2 its very loud.

Its slowly gone from to loud to just right to almost non-existent.I purchased a new joystick yesterday(logitech 3D pro)and found I was stalling the FW all over the place and couldnt feel anything.yes I could practice ALOT and learn the edge for the new joystick but why make a sim way harder than real life???

What I think might of happened is in fixing the sound somehow certain sounds got lowered.For example,I couldnt really hear my guns in cockpit and thought that it was because many here said that you really shouldnt(please guys dont do that since in a real life plane you get way more feedback).Well I now have em back by putting sound in 3D mode to minimal and pasting this in my Conf.ini

[sound]
SoundUse=1
SoundEngine=1
Speakers=1
Placement=4
SoundFlags.reversestereo=0
RadioFlags.Enabled=0
RadioEngine=2
MusicVolume=8
ObjectVolume=14
MusState.takeoff=0
MusState.inflight=0
MusState.crash=0
MusFlags.play=0
MasterVolume=14
Attenuation=7
SoundMode=1
SamplingRate=2
NumChannels=3
SoundExt.occlusions=1
SoundFlags.hardware=1
SoundFlags.streams=1
SoundFlags.duplex=1
SoundExt.acoustics=1
SoundExt.volumefx=1
SoundFlags.voicemgr=0
SoundFlags.static=1
VoiceVolume=12
Channels=2
SoundExt.extrender=0
SoundFlags.bugscorrect=0
SoundSetupId=9
ActivationLevel=0.02
Preemphasis=0.85
RadioLatency=0.5
AGC=1
PTTMode=1
SoundFlags.UseRadioChatter=1
SoundFlags.AutoActivation=1
RadioFlags.PTTMode=1
RadioFlags.PlayClicks=0
ActLevel=0
MicLevel=0

Message Edited on 10/19/0310:01AM by Wolfstriked

XyZspineZyX
10-24-2003, 12:29 AM
Bump....this is worthy of a fix IMO.

XyZspineZyX
10-24-2003, 12:35 AM
I hear it. It is about as loud as it really sounds in a real plane with the engine running and headphones on. Real planes also have stall horns to warn with.

All I got as a card is a 4+ year old Creative X-gamer soud blaste an it Live! software

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid84/pcf14831e07273a1e01a33fb0e5650ffa/face10c7.jpg

Lead Whiner for the P-47D-40, M and N and Hvars

Message Edited on 10/23/0311:48PM by Sniper762x51

XyZspineZyX
10-24-2003, 12:37 AM
I totally agree. I was just about to post how much harder it is to detect a stall. Couldn't figure out why. THis must be it.

XyZspineZyX
10-24-2003, 01:02 AM
It really is the only way we can get a good feel of the wings starting to slip.This coupled with the cockpit shake is as good as it gets in any sim ive ever tried and now were going backwards/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Whats with the Maddox team anyway???Its like they lose more and more control of IL2 as they move foward.Im not whining here,just wondering whats going on.

Now hopefully Maddox puts more effort into BOB and on sims since we really are seeing what little effort does towards a sim.Yes the Wartime Command is coming along and I can understand that they must put most resources into it but this makes me wonder if they are just gonna do the same dam thing to us with BOB and on.Will they put a ton of effort into it,release it,than start on wartime command 2 and just complain on how we all here complain too much as they seemed to have done with FB???

XyZspineZyX
10-24-2003, 01:50 AM
wow stalling ? E Bleed ? and Sound for it LOL

I think your asking to much /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Maybe you better play Il2 where it actualy works

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

<CENTER> http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/ah_109_1065290873.jpg </center>