PDA

View Full Version : New Web-Site with New Missions

XyZspineZyX
07-12-2003, 09:16 AM
Hello All

Been waiting for the patch to to come out before posting this so I could check what effects the patch may have on these mission files but since it is once again delayed I decided to put this out so that there is something new for you all to check out.

First off let me say that this is my first web-site creation project and it has been a terrific learning experience. It has a mission for Jane's WWII Fighters also that I created but I think you all will enjoy the missions for IL-2 FB. The IL-2 missions are basically the same mission with two versions - one at night and the other in a thunderstorm, there are considerable differences between the two missions, not just time and weather but the objective and flight track are the same. There are several screenshots posted from both versions on the site.

The mission is a Arcade style where you fly through a very steep mountain canyon, if you climb out of the canyon the enemy AA gunners on the ridge line will have you for lunch/dinner! So keep your head down. The idea for these missions came from the first Star Wars movie where they have to fly through a well protected canyon to destroy the Death Star. This is not an impossible to complete type mission in fact it is fairly easy and fun. It shows off some very nice features of IL2 FB.

Give it a try - feedback is more than welcome as I hope to create more versions of this mission in the future.

http://home.comcast.net/~robertvv/

Cuda

XyZspineZyX
07-12-2003, 09:16 AM
Hello All

Been waiting for the patch to to come out before posting this so I could check what effects the patch may have on these mission files but since it is once again delayed I decided to put this out so that there is something new for you all to check out.

First off let me say that this is my first web-site creation project and it has been a terrific learning experience. It has a mission for Jane's WWII Fighters also that I created but I think you all will enjoy the missions for IL-2 FB. The IL-2 missions are basically the same mission with two versions - one at night and the other in a thunderstorm, there are considerable differences between the two missions, not just time and weather but the objective and flight track are the same. There are several screenshots posted from both versions on the site.

The mission is a Arcade style where you fly through a very steep mountain canyon, if you climb out of the canyon the enemy AA gunners on the ridge line will have you for lunch/dinner! So keep your head down. The idea for these missions came from the first Star Wars movie where they have to fly through a well protected canyon to destroy the Death Star. This is not an impossible to complete type mission in fact it is fairly easy and fun. It shows off some very nice features of IL2 FB.

Give it a try - feedback is more than welcome as I hope to create more versions of this mission in the future.

http://home.comcast.net/~robertvv/

Cuda