PDA

View Full Version : Anything on VR missions

muzzyb
11-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Anyone heard anything else about these VR missions?

realgangsta213
11-07-2010, 01:28 PM
yeah, it unlocks a bonus if u finish all of them. It's just supposed to be a room built inside the animus where desmond can practise his skills and try and get perfect times on each course/level/room.

davo1270
11-07-2010, 01:36 PM
VR Missions vvvvvv
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKjqG__VQKE

1:50

muzzyb
11-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by davo1270:
VR Missions vvvvvv
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKjqG__VQKE

1:50

I know about that, but is there anything else anyone knows about it? How it works, how to set it up and what the features of it are?

davo1270
11-07-2010, 02:14 PM
well specifically,all we kno is that it is like a tutorial in the beginning of the game, and most of the features werein the video

thats all I kno anyway

Oatkeeper
11-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by davo1270:
well specifically,all we kno is that it is like a tutorial in the beginning of the game, and most of the features werein the video

thats all I kno anyway
Im pretty sure its a "training mode" only in the narrative sense, to refine Desmond's skills, and for the player its more a "challenge mode" complete with leaderboards and at least one confirmed reward (one which is extremely likely to NOT be given away automatically at the beginning of the game)

dchil279
11-07-2010, 08:42 PM
You also need to get 3 'gold medals' for one of the U-Play rewards. I really like the idea of these though. It adds another element to the game.

CRUDFACE
11-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Oh, I totally do. so basically, Rebecca will set up a bunch of enviroments and scenarios for Desmond to train under as Ezio. Desmond himself can exit the Animus all he wants to in order to explore Monteriggioni all he wants to. It's not from the Vr missions, just something he can do. Umm bac to the Vr stuff though, there's the achievement mentioned above and you get a skin of Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 4 once you've completed all of the VR missions.

VR missions ranged from capturing a target, to free run practice and combat.

Viperkill101
11-08-2010, 12:41 PM
is it just me, or is anyone else really excited for the idea of slaughtering endless streams of guards? It looked like thirty plus dead guards on the floor, and at least a solid 20 live ones in the video. That seems like something I could kill a few hours on. XD

muzzyb
11-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Viperkill101:
is it just me, or is anyone else really excited for the idea of slaughtering endless streams of guards? It looked like thirty plus dead guards on the floor, and at least a solid 20 live ones in the video. That seems like something I could kill a few hours on. XD

Me too, just using badass conmbo's on hundreds of guards.

Tuck2103
11-08-2010, 02:36 PM
In Assassin's Creed Discovery (AC2 for NDS) there were VR rooms too, exactly the same environment. These were the missions you could unlock during the campaign:

- Stealthy killing a target
- Parkour, getting from point A to B
- Survivalmode, killing more and more guards for 10 minutes.
-Climbing to the top of the room before time runs out (under the pressure of arrow rains and great heights)

I really enjoyed these challenges. They'll definately have similiar missions in the VR-room.