PDA

View Full Version : Compressability

Daiichidoku
04-29-2007, 11:24 AM
why does only the P38 and B1/B1-6 suffer from the effects of compressability in game?

all the other types in-game never had to deal with compressability?

no, we know that at various speeds, they ALL had to deal with it

so why only these two types in game?

MEGILE
04-29-2007, 11:30 AM
gimmick

Klemm.co
04-29-2007, 02:13 PM
I think that removing compressability from these two planes would include a complete new flight model for both and that would be a lot of hours of unwanted work for the Maddox team that is currently devoting zero work hours to IL-2.

Maybe it was included in those two planes flight model because both were some outstanding examples with lots of anecdotes about them having compessability and what it did to them.

So it will most probably not gonna happen and if you expect any sorts of answer then you will have to write an email to the developers or at least post it in ORR, not here.
The developers reading your post here in GD has a snowballs chance in hell, me thinks.

Matz0r
04-29-2007, 03:08 PM
AFAIK it's not compression, both of these plane suffered from airflow starvation over the elevator at high speeds. This is historical.

leitmotiv
04-29-2007, 03:21 PM
Hey, don't forget game P-47. We never got the version with dive flaps.

staticline1
04-29-2007, 03:39 PM
I wonder if the large amount of a/c in this sim has something to do with it, either these two getting overlooked or the other way around concerning the others that should have compressiblity. I'm pretty sure thing like that will be addressed in the new sim, hope it also gets addressed for the AI as well. Nothing like the AI in a Zero or other light weight low power aircraft pulling out of a dive around 600+mph like it was using fly by wire to kill the immursion factor.

DKoor
04-29-2007, 03:42 PM
It'd be nice if we have either option A) or B)..... and a few more Yak variants of course.