PDA

View Full Version : Is there a difference between the stand alone and merge

Doon1
12-07-2004, 07:26 PM
I went to Gamestop and they didn't have PF then I tried the local BB. That was a nogo as well. Is the SA and the merge the same purchase just different methods of install? Who's got it cheap?
John (Warchild)

Doon1
12-07-2004, 07:26 PM
I went to Gamestop and they didn't have PF then I tried the local BB. That was a nogo as well. Is the SA and the merge the same purchase just different methods of install? Who's got it cheap?
John (Warchild)

Chuck_Older
12-07-2004, 07:44 PM
When you purchase Pacific Fighters, there is only one type of game you buy; there is no stand alone version to buy, and no add-on version to buy.

You make the decision to make the merged install or the stand alone install when loading the game onto your system

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
12-07-2004, 07:45 PM
Stand alone is what you get if you just purchase pacific fighters. Merged is Forgotten battles plus aces expansion pack plus pacific fighters. You would need to purchase three seperate products in order to have access to the merged game.

x__CRASH__x
12-07-2004, 07:57 PM
You can look for the "Gold Edition", which is FB+AEP in one package. Then buy PF and install all 3. A much smarter way to fly, IMO.

Doon1
12-07-2004, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm already at AEP 2.04. No one piped in about who has the best price though.
John

RickRuski
12-08-2004, 09:56 PM
Don't know if this will help on where to buy but try this link. I live in New Zealand and purchased P/F to go into F/B AEP on line here. It was delivered within 5 days of ordering in good order, I was very pleased with the service and price.

RickRuski

http://www1.cd-wow.com/detail_results_3.php?product_code=15034&subcat=pc