PDA

View Full Version : Is Eagle Vision a physical thing?

johnnyhayek
09-16-2011, 10:38 AM
I've been thinking about this for a while. Maybe Eagle Vision isn't a physical thing. I mean that, the characters(Desmond, Altair, Ezio) don't actually see red and blue. It's just an indication that they are more able to identify friend from foe, and are able to notice more things easily in the environment. That is why Desmond has EV. He was able to learn through Altair, who to trust and who not to, through his experiences. He doesn't actually see Lucy as blue and Vidic as red. He just learned who to trust now and who not to. Another example is: In ACR, Ezio was Eagle Sense now. This just indicates that he is now better at tracking targets than before, because of his huge amount of experiences tracking people. Does anyone agree with me?

eagleforlife1
09-16-2011, 10:48 AM
Yes, I thought this was pretty obvious already.

RzaRecta357
09-16-2011, 10:56 AM
No actually.

They straight up see it.

As Juno says, "You see the blue shimmer, but don't understand!"

Or something along those lines, but she does use the words "You see the blue shimmer."

Jexx21
09-16-2011, 11:05 AM
Yea, it's a physical thing.

johnnyhayek
09-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
No actually.

They straight up see it.

Or something along those lines, but she does use the words "You see the blue shimmer."

I totally forgot about that line. Thanks

naran6142
09-16-2011, 01:17 PM
i thought the colors were an animus interpretation.

but also, ezio can see foot steps in ACR now right so maybe it is a physical thing.

personally i also thought the death talk scenes were a extension of eagle vision

rileypoole1234
09-16-2011, 01:26 PM
I always thought it was a physical thing. You know in Batman Arkham Asylum, how you can use "detective vision", and it's triggered through Batman's cowl? I though It was the same type of thing but they could see it with their eyes and their eyes alone.

OGCFB
09-16-2011, 01:34 PM
Its a real thing they actually see the colours.

AnthonyA85
09-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by naran6142:

You could say that is true for Ezio and Altair, but that argument falls flat when you come to Desmond, who DOES see friends and enemies in their respective colours. But in actuality, i don't think it is, technically, an animus representation, it's more of a 'second sight' like a Kestrel's ability to see ultra violet, or a snake's ability to 'see' infared

So therefore, i believe it is in fact, a physical thing.

Jexx21
09-16-2011, 02:13 PM
It's just one of the more prominent abilities of the 6th sense of TWCB.

Adam and Eve were both hybrids, and they started a lineage that passed through Altiar, Ezio, La Volpe (presumably, it says somewhere that he had a form of Eagle Vision that could see through walls as a myth or something), and Desmond.

I'm not sure if Lucy has it, she may not, or she may have the blood lineage to have it, but didn't activate it yet. Desmond activated his through reliving Altiar's memories where he used it a lot.

E-Zekiel
09-16-2011, 03:18 PM

but also, ezio can see foot steps in ACR now right so maybe it is a physical thing.

personally i also thought the death talk scenes were a extension of eagle vision

It is. And to the others - the reason Desmond sees the colors is because WE are playing a video game still.

It is impossible to describe a sense to somebody that does not have it.

Radio wave detection, sonar, etc etc...Humans don't have senses like these. We can only be told what it does. It is impossible to describe to us senses we do not have.

Eagle vision, being a sense we do not have, is impossible to describe to us, and so this is how it is represented to us, the players.

Jexx21
09-16-2011, 03:19 PM
Or.. you know it's just a game and the sense in the game is really expressed by colors..

LightRey
09-16-2011, 03:26 PM
No actually.

They straight up see it.

Does this really need to be said again? It's (partly) visible as described in the game.

NewBlade200
09-16-2011, 05:07 PM
You can also see blood left by some individuals that have TWCB genes long after it has been cleaned up.

Saqaliba
09-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Actually, it is a synthesis things. The ability is related to the technology of the animus which is related to the 5 disks Ezio will find because the ability to relive memories is related to the sixth sense. It is where technology will meet the supernatural... but it can be explained as being a sensation.

For example, when Desmond sees the ghost images of Ezio in Assassin's Creed II at the villa. He is picking up on the presence of the past. Such a thing happens in reality and it is called restligeist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Residual_haunting) whereby a repeated playbacks of auditory, visual, olfactory, and other sensory phenomena or a routine event of a person or place, like an echo or a replay of a videotape of past events takes place. Usually attributed to ghosts (murder victims) but it can also happen to any bioelectric body. Every human has a bio-electric imprint and as we interact with the environment the environment records us (so to speak) thus it is sometimes possible for such a bio-electric energy to become impressed like a loop. Desmond's ability is to be able to see and sense the impression of his ancestors as these 'ghosts' or residual impressions. A combination of science and memory. Ezio has developed this ability to see the bio-electrical impression of peoples bodies in Revelations.

The other factor involved is related to bio-electricity. The colours that are seen around the bodies during Eagle Vision is the aura. Kirlian photography was developed to capture the aura. They say that the mood and disposition of a person greatly effects their aura... like when a mood ring changes colour. So the Eagle sense allows the Assassin's to see the 'intentions' of a person by the colour of their aura.

http://www.beetberry.com/BeetberryImages/Ray_Williams.jpg

People who actually have this ability call it a sixth sense or ESP. The Assassin's are literally becoming mediums by developing clairvoyance.

I believe that the animus works on a similar system. A technology created by the first civilization to harness the power of this type of magical power which bridges between straight up electromagnetic science (like Tesla or the Philadelphia exeriment... see Michael Persinger) and the emotive and mneumonic response of the human.

Calvarok
09-16-2011, 11:37 PM
To the above post, when Desmond sees "ghosts", that is because of the bleeding effect, which means his body is reading his DNA's memories, he's not picking up on a psychic presence.

Eagle vision is more likely a result of something TWCB did to themselves with technology, not actual psychic ability.

AC's fiction is a scientific one, not a mystical one.

Anyways, more on topic, Eagle vision was originally planned to be a representation of skills, but in the last half of AC1's development was changed into an actual ability.

LightRey
09-17-2011, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
To the above post, when Desmond sees "ghosts", that is because of the bleeding effect, which means his body is reading his DNA's memories, he's not picking up on a psychic presence.

Eagle vision is more likely a result of something TWCB did to themselves with technology, not actual psychic ability.

AC's fiction is a scientific one, not a mystical one.

Anyways, more on topic, Eagle vision was originally planned to be a representation of skills, but in the last half of AC1's development was changed into an actual ability.
Exactly.

CRUDFACE
09-17-2011, 02:10 AM

It used to be, but it got retconned along with the POE apple getting destroyed. Then later on got turned into an actual skill. And as said before, it's easier for us.

Saqaliba
09-17-2011, 03:11 AM
Psychic presence and ancestral memory are related. If they weren't, then the Sci-Fi of AC cosmology wouldn't be plausible, since Desmond's vision of 'ghosts' (residual image) is absolutely related to his 'memory' of his ancestor. Desmond's abilities gained from the bleeding effect are directly related to the ancestral memories and are heading towards a '6th sense' as already pointed out by Juno.

LightRey
09-17-2011, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Saqaliba:
Psychic presence and ancestral memory are related. If they weren't, then the Sci-Fi of AC cosmology wouldn't be plausible, since Desmond's vision of 'ghosts' (residual image) is absolutely related to his 'memory' of his ancestor. Desmond's abilities gained from the bleeding effect are directly related to the ancestral memories and are heading towards a '6th sense' as already pointed out by Juno.
That right there is a load of speculation and assumptions my friend. I would advise you not to jump to conclusions like that.

Inorganic9_2
09-17-2011, 06:23 AM
I've always thought eagle vision was just a representation given to us so we know what is going on. Afterall, it is hard to convey a feeling/sense - other than it being clearly cut in sight or hearing - through a video game (imagine trying to represent smell, touch or heat sensing...)

LightRey
09-17-2011, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
I've always thought eagle vision was just a representation given to us so we know what is going on. Afterall, it is hard to convey a feeling/sense - other than it being clearly cut in sight or hearing - through a video game (imagine trying to represent smell, touch or heat sensing...)
Well, apparently at least in part it's not.

Inorganic9_2
09-17-2011, 08:53 AM
Where was that mentioned?

LightRey
09-17-2011, 08:57 AM
Where was that mentioned?
-___-
Seriously? It's quoted on the previous page.

Inorganic9_2
09-17-2011, 09:48 AM
I menat more specifically. "the blue shimmer" could be anything. You know how vague TWCB are. Plus, it doesn't describe the red, yellow and white etc.

LightRey
09-17-2011, 10:11 AM
I menat more specifically. "the blue shimmer" could be anything. You know how vague TWCB are. Plus, it doesn't describe the red, yellow and white etc.
I'd say it's pretty specific. She's talking about a sixth sense, a blue shimmer (which is something we can all see in the games) and there's the fact that she says they can actually see things with it.

RzaRecta357
09-17-2011, 10:22 AM
Guys, cmon now. This should of been done at my first post.

Ezios father KNOWS of this special skill. Juno mentions the blue shimmer whilst talking about interbreeding.

I don't think it was something "TOWCB" did to themselves. They probably just had it.

Remember, they're aliens. Straight up. They came from another planet and inhabited ours and then CREATED us. Adam and Eve did the flonk out. Over time stories dilute and you have modern gods and jesus.

They didn't want to give us the final sense that would make us like them. Maybe they didn't know how. We may of been slaves ala the truth video.

So? After their war when things were looking grim and (Did the sun asploded before or after this?) they decided to try interbreeding to at least keep SOMETHING.

Juno also kinda sounds against it...so maybe there was an internal war between TOWCB that we don't know about yet also.

LightRey
09-17-2011, 10:35 AM

Ezios father KNOWS of this special skill. Juno mentions the blue shimmer whilst talking about interbreeding.

I don't think it was something "TOWCB" did to themselves. They probably just had it.

Remember, they're aliens. Straight up. They came from another planet and inhabited ours and then CREATED us. Adam and Eve did the flonk out. Over time stories dilute and you have modern gods and jesus.

They didn't want to give us the final sense that would make us like them. Maybe they didn't know how. We may of been slaves ala the truth video.

So? After their war when things were looking grim and (Did the sun asploded before or after this?) they decided to try interbreeding to at least keep SOMETHING.

Juno also kinda sounds against it...so maybe there was an internal war between TOWCB that we don't know about yet also.
Where in god's name did you get that nonsense? TWCB are not aliens. They're just the creators of the human race, nothing more. There's not even any reason to assume they're aliens and if what was said in another thread is true then Ubisoft actually stated that they really aren't aliens.

albertwesker22
09-17-2011, 10:39 AM

It is never said that TWCB are Aliens. They're just super advanced primates.

Saqaliba
09-17-2011, 07:49 PM
[/quote]
That right there is a load of speculation and assumptions my friend. I would advise you not to jump to conclusions like that.[/QUOTE]

It isn't speculation. I have studied this subject IRL. Metempsychosis is related to ancestral memory and extra-sensory perception. I.E. to live out a past life... is to awaken ancestral memory. They call it past-life regression but it is mistaken for bizarre misunderstandings of the doctrine of Reincarnation. Metempsychosis is literally the condition of Desmond when he relives Alta'ir/Ezio's life. Fringe scientists have done research into such an area. Hence the show Fringe being based on such research. I believe AC is basing itself on similar Fringe science.

To be a conduit or a channel for another person's consciousness.

rileypoole1234
09-17-2011, 10:16 PM
This may sound crazy to everybody here, and sometimes I think I'm going crazy, but, I can see auras. I went to a Priest and a Scientist and the Scientist concluded that I must have "higher" senses than other people. It's quite a creepy thing I think. When it gets very quiet in a room of people who might have had a fight or were recently laughing hysterically, I can hear whispers, almost as though their soul is talking directly to me. It's sometimes scary. Apparently my energy field is "vibrating" at a higher level than other people's. So in other words, if i'm walking through the streets of London, I can see who's mad, or who's happy, just by looking at them for a second. I bet the Assassin's have something that is almost exactly this, r very similar to it. You don't have to believe me, but I have no reason to lie about it. You can Google "Auras" or "Can certain people see Auras" to read more about it.

Jexx21
09-17-2011, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
This may sound crazy to everybody here, and sometimes I think I'm going crazy, but, I can see auras. I went to a Priest and a Scientist and the Scientist concluded that I must have "higher" senses than other people. It's quite a creepy thing I think. When it gets very quiet in a room of people who might have had a fight or were recently laughing hysterically, I can hear whispers, almost as though their soul is talking directly to me. It's sometimes scary. Apparently my energy field is "vibrating" at a higher level than other people's. So in other words, if i'm walking through the streets of London, I can see who's mad, or who's happy, just by looking at them for a second. I bet the Assassin's have something that is almost exactly this, r very similar to it. You don't have to believe me, but I have no reason to lie about it. You can Google "Auras" or "Can certain people see Auras" to read more about it.

In the lore of the game, this would probably be explained through something like that these 'certain' people are the hybrids, and they just activated part of the Eagle Vision's capabilities.

naran6142
09-17-2011, 10:51 PM

I see dead people...

just kidding, i've heard of people that can see sounds and stuff. Its something like their sensory information gets combined or something.

EDIT: Dude, maybe your an assassin!!

LightRey
09-18-2011, 02:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
That right there is a load of speculation and assumptions my friend. I would advise you not to jump to conclusions like that.

It isn't speculation. I have studied this subject IRL. Metempsychosis is related to ancestral memory and extra-sensory perception. I.E. to live out a past life... is to awaken ancestral memory. They call it past-life regression but it is mistaken for bizarre misunderstandings of the doctrine of Reincarnation. Metempsychosis is literally the condition of Desmond when he relives Alta'ir/Ezio's life. Fringe scientists have done research into such an area. Hence the show Fringe being based on such research. I believe AC is basing itself on similar Fringe science.

To be a conduit or a channel for another person's consciousness. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
good for you, but neither Eagle Vision nor the sixth sense have even been suggested to be related to said subject and as such saying they are linked and basing conclusions on that is a load of speculation and assumptions.

Saqaliba
09-18-2011, 03:43 PM
...neither Eagle Vision nor the sixth sense have even been suggested to be related to said subject and as such saying they are linked and basing conclusions on that is a load of speculation and assumptions.

Juno told Desmond that his Eagle Vision ability is a weaker version of an outright Sixth Sense. Then she tell him to seek the sixth. Sixth Sense is 'Extra-Sensory Perception'.

NewBlade200
09-18-2011, 05:41 PM
This may sound crazy to everybody here, and sometimes I think I'm going crazy, but, I can see auras. I went to a Priest and a Scientist and the Scientist concluded that I must have "higher" senses than other people. It's quite a creepy thing I think. When it gets very quiet in a room of people who might have had a fight or were recently laughing hysterically, I can hear whispers, almost as though their soul is talking directly to me. It's sometimes scary. Apparently my energy field is "vibrating" at a higher level than other people's. So in other words, if i'm walking through the streets of London, I can see who's mad, or who's happy, just by looking at them for a second. I bet the Assassin's have something that is almost exactly this, r very similar to it. You don't have to believe me, but I have no reason to lie about it. You can Google "Auras" or "Can certain people see Auras" to read more about it. I've had similar experiences, such as looking at a man and knowing that he was frustrated. I can also hear whispers calling if I'm relaxed. I thought I was going crazy at first (still might be, can't rule it out) but if you are correct then maybe I'm not completely insane. It only happened when I was going to sleep and staring at my granddad's grave, both of which are when I am the most calm. I can block it out if I want though.

rileypoole1234
09-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
I've had similar experiences, such as looking at a man and knowing that he was frustrated. I can also hear whispers calling if I'm relaxed. I thought I was going crazy at first (still might be, can't rule it out) but if you are correct then maybe I'm not completely insane. It only happened when I was going to sleep and staring at my granddad's grave, both of which are when I am the most calm. I can block it out if I want though.

Don't think you're going insane, I did at first too. Look up methods of being able to channel abilities like this. I did, and now, if i'm looking at someone, I know how they feel, and I know what they are going to do. It's an extraordinary ability to have, so don't lose it. By getting better at it, you literally are unlocking parts of of your mind and subconscious that you'd never know you have.

LightRey
09-19-2011, 12:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...neither Eagle Vision nor the sixth sense have even been suggested to be related to said subject and as such saying they are linked and basing conclusions on that is a load of speculation and assumptions.

Juno told Desmond that his Eagle Vision ability is a weaker version of an outright Sixth Sense. Then she tell him to seek the sixth. Sixth Sense is 'Extra-Sensory Perception'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, the sixth sense is just a sixth sense. It's not limited to one idea people came up with of what some people could have as a sixth sense. The whole name just means that in addition to the five senses humans already have, TWCB had a sixth, which is somehow a better version of Eagle Vision.

itsamea-mario
09-19-2011, 04:09 AM
No, you are going insane.

LightRey
09-19-2011, 07:34 AM
Well first I'd like to ask what kind of scientist you went to and if he elaborated on the matter, because simply saying that you have "higher" senses than other people does not really suffice.

Either way, I'd say it's more like your subconscious is extraordinarily good at reading body language and you are therefore able to quickly notice when someone's angry, depressed, happy, etc.

waynedavies89
09-19-2011, 08:43 AM
the core idea if the vision is basically, instinctive and sensual with a kind of mind eye thermal imaging

RzaRecta357
09-19-2011, 08:53 AM
Whoa, Excuse me. Haven't played AC2 in a long time. Just youtubed the ending and for some reason I thought she said they came to earth.

Totally wrong.

Regardless, take the alien aspect out of what I said and that's still it. So now that I know they aren't aliens...

We have ancient humans whom have an extra sense and still created us without it. So were almost obviously slaves...maybe some sort of free the humans/ don't war broke out between them or something.

So, Minerva says they all were once different names, and so on and so on.

The Nexus being a point the three of them connect some how and the sixth sense truly being called Knowledge.

I'm just randomly thinking after watching that video and I know it's almost certainly been said here before but maybe Knowledge is also knowing your ancestors feelings and thoughts and memories?

So much so that they almost feel like they ARE them still, and therefore just rename themselves and get smarter and smarter as they live and die?

Shaun brings up being able to control the bleeding effect once too doesn't he?

I'm just yakkin now and I'm probably totally wrong but thanks for reminding me that they are NOT aliens!

LightRey
09-19-2011, 09:41 AM
Whoa, Excuse me. Haven't played AC2 in a long time. Just youtubed the ending and for some reason I thought she said they came to earth.

Totally wrong.

Regardless, take the alien aspect out of what I said and that's still it. So now that I know they aren't aliens...

We have ancient humans whom have an extra sense and still created us without it. So were almost obviously slaves...maybe some sort of free the humans/ don't war broke out between them or something.

So, Minerva says they all were once different names, and so on and so on.

The Nexus being a point the three of them connect some how and the sixth sense truly being called Knowledge.

I'm just randomly thinking after watching that video and I know it's almost certainly been said here before but maybe Knowledge is also knowing your ancestors feelings and thoughts and memories?

So much so that they almost feel like they ARE them still, and therefore just rename themselves and get smarter and smarter as they live and die?

Shaun brings up being able to control the bleeding effect once too doesn't he?

I'm just yakkin now and I'm probably totally wrong but thanks for reminding me that they are NOT aliens!
Now this I can agree with.

NewBlade200
09-19-2011, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
Well first I'd like to ask what kind of scientist you went to and if he elaborated on the matter, because simply saying that you have "higher" senses than other people does not really suffice.

Either way, I'd say it's more like your subconscious is extraordinarily good at reading body language and you are therefore able to quickly notice when someone's angry, depressed, happy, etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>This is most likely. It is probably just a body language thing. The ''aura'' people may sometimes ''see'' is just fabricated by your imagination. That hopefully applies to the voices as well. I just wish they would stop telling me to kill the *****s.

Hopefully.

RzaRecta357
09-19-2011, 07:20 PM
Indeed, I hope this scientist didn't charge you money!

Saqaliba
09-20-2011, 07:41 PM
What if TWCB are alien, ghost, fallen angel all in one! What if IRL the alien, ghost, fallen angel are the same phenomena. Aliens don't come from different planets... they come from other 'dimensions' as do ghosts and fallen angels. They travel up and down the electromagnetic frequency entering into the physical/visible realm from the infra-red spectrum. They can manifest and unmanifest at will transcending time and space and assuming a physical form at will.

It was said in the book of Enoch that it was the fallen angels who brought technology (P.O.E.)to the first civilizations. If you look at the Apple Chamber in ACB it strangely resembles G÷bekli Tepe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6bekli_Tepe) which is thought by some scholars to be the location of Eden... not so far away from Cappadocia which was also supposed to have housed the fallen angels!!!

http://grasptheuniverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Gopekli_Tepe_BdW_2003-05_700px.jpg

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110201220860/assassinscreed/images/thumb/4/4b/02022011620.jpg/250px-02022011620.jpg

...in addition to the five senses humans already have, TWCB had a sixth, which is somehow a better version of Eagle Vision.

Juno says it. And you said it yourself. The Eagle Vision is the early stages, the Sixth Sense is the goal. Even Ezio develops the Eagle Vision into Eagle Sense. Eagle Vision and Sixth Sense are related.

LightRey
09-20-2011, 11:37 PM
What if TWCB are alien, ghost, fallen angel all in one! What if IRL the alien, ghost, fallen angel are the same phenomena. Aliens don't come from different planets... they come from other 'dimensions' as do ghosts and fallen angels. They travel up and down the electromagnetic frequency entering into the physical/visible realm from the infra-red spectrum. They can manifest and unmanifest at will transcending time and space and assuming a physical form at will.

It was said in the book of Enoch that it was the fallen angels who brought technology (P.O.E.)to the first civilizations. If you look at the Apple Chamber in ACB it strangely resembles G÷bekli Tepe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6bekli_Tepe) which is thought by some scholars to be the location of Eden... not so far away from Cappadocia which was also supposed to have housed the fallen angels!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...in addition to the five senses humans already have, TWCB had a sixth, which is somehow a better version of Eagle Vision.

Juno says it. And you said it yourself. The Eagle Vision is the early stages, the Sixth Sense is the goal. Even Ezio develops the Eagle Vision into Eagle Sense. Eagle Vision and Sixth Sense are related. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They're not ghosts, because they're not immortal, like Juno said and why would they be from a different dimension if they're angels? I don't see the logical path to that conclusion.

Those Who Came Before aren't aliens (as has been proven in an earlier post), and if they are in any ways related to angels it would be that they just assumed that role so that they could influence humanity.

TWBC just came before. They're just technologically (and in regard of the Sixth Sense biologically) more advanced than humans. That's all there is to it and that's all we need to explain any and all of their abilities.

twenty_glyphs
09-21-2011, 12:09 AM
I posted some of this in another thread, but the topic of eagle vision was related and this was new information I found today. In some replies to the Facebook post announcing the new Q&A about Ezio and Alta´r not being related, the Assassin's Creed Facebook account (UbiGabe) posted this:

http://www.facebook.com/assass...osts/252376771470507 (http://www.facebook.com/assassinscreed/posts/252376771470507)

What's seen in the Revelations trailer is not the Bleeding Effect, it's Eagle Vision which is a totally different thing. Eagle Vision is not an inherited trait, but we'll get to that in a future Q&A.
The difference between the Bleeding Effect and Eagle Vision will be covered in a future Q&A, but what Desmond experiences in Monteriggioni is Eagle Vision picking up the ancient memories of the location... you'll notice that he sees the ghosts of all kinds of people, not just those he was directly related to.

So that kind of opens up a whole new can of worms. Seems eagle vision is not inherited, even though we have the clue in the Bloodlines glyph saying they have their abilities because it's in their blood. This makes sense to me because of the way Giovanni Auditore told Ezio to use his "gift" to find his secret room. That always seemed odd to me that Giovanni described it that way Ś as if he himself doesn't have it.

And this sounds like it confirms that Ezio sees Alta´r in Masyaf in the E3 trailer because of eagle vision, not the bleeding effect. He then goes on to say that it's similar to how Desmond saw ghosts in the tunnels under Monterrigioni. I thought it was strange that Desmond was seeing them in the third person instead of first person (behind the back at least) like his (presumably) bleeding effect-induced vision of Alta´r in AC2. Now they are saying that it's Desmond's eagle vision picking up on ancient memories of the location he's at, which makes a lot of sense to me because of the way those visions occurred. This sounds like it fits in with the new eagle sense, where Ezio sees the paths that guards have taken. That would be picking up on recent memories from the locations he's at.

LightRey
09-21-2011, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
I posted some of this in another thread, but the topic of eagle vision was related and this was new information I found today. In some replies to the Facebook post announcing the new Q&A about Ezio and Alta´r not being related, the Assassin's Creed Facebook account (UbiGabe) posted this:

http://www.facebook.com/assass...osts/252376771470507 (http://www.facebook.com/assassinscreed/posts/252376771470507)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What's seen in the Revelations trailer is not the Bleeding Effect, it's Eagle Vision which is a totally different thing. Eagle Vision is not an inherited trait, but we'll get to that in a future Q&A.
The difference between the Bleeding Effect and Eagle Vision will be covered in a future Q&A, but what Desmond experiences in Monteriggioni is Eagle Vision picking up the ancient memories of the location... you'll notice that he sees the ghosts of all kinds of people, not just those he was directly related to.

So that kind of opens up a whole new can of worms. Seems eagle vision is not inherited, even though we have the clue in the Bloodlines glyph saying they have their abilities because it's in their blood. This makes sense to me because of the way Giovanni Auditore told Ezio to use his "gift" to find his secret room. That always seemed odd to me that Giovanni described it that way Ś as if he himself doesn't have it.

And this sounds like it confirms that Ezio sees Alta´r in Masyaf in the E3 trailer because of eagle vision, not the bleeding effect. He then goes on to say that it's similar to how Desmond saw ghosts in the tunnels under Monterrigioni. I thought it was strange that Desmond was seeing them in the third person instead of first person (behind the back at least) like his (presumably) bleeding effect-induced vision of Alta´r in AC2. Now they are saying that it's Desmond's eagle vision picking up on ancient memories of the location he's at, which makes a lot of sense to me because of the way those visions occurred. This sounds like it fits in with the new eagle sense, where Ezio sees the paths that guards have taken. That would be picking up on recent memories from the locations he's at. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So basically Eagle Sense allows someone to pick up on the memories of someone through an object or location? Interesting...

twenty_glyphs
09-21-2011, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
So basically Eagle Sense allows someone to pick up on the memories of someone through an object or location? Interesting...

That's what it's starting to sound like to me. This is all really interesting, so I'm glad I found those posts. I don't know that Eagle Vision or Sense are just about picking up memories from a location, but that may be one aspect of it in addition to picking out targets, seeing alliances, etc. I always thought it was interesting that Desmond only saw those "ghost" images when he was in the place the events had actually happened. It seemed like it was a little different from just the Bleeding Effect because it seemed to be the location triggering the visions. I'm glad they talked about it some more. After seeing Eagle Sense in the gamescom demo, it fits so close with how Desmond saw memories of people that were able to lead him around Monterrigioni to what he needed.

When it comes down to it, they really have said almost nothing about Eagle Vision in the games. We don't know how many people have it or what it really is. It seems the only people confirmed to have it so far are Alta´r, Ezio, Desmond and Giovanni Borgia (from Project Legacy). Perhaps Eagle Vision has something to do with why playing the memories of Alta´r and Ezio are so important, since they have it as well and Desmond needs to awaken the Sixth Sense.

AdmiralPerry
09-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Hang on, there's something I don't understand. If Desmond is using Eagle Vision to see the ghosts at Monteriggioni, then how the heck did those memories get "transferred" or planted into the environment? I can buy memories transferred onto seals (which sounds crazy, I know) but transferring memories onto the environment around you?

LightRey
09-21-2011, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by AdmiralPerry:
Hang on, there's something I don't understand. If Desmond is using Eagle Vision to see the ghosts at Monteriggioni, then how the heck did those memories get "transferred" or planted into the environment? I can buy memories transferred onto seals (which sounds crazy, I know) but transferring memories onto the environment around you?
If we knew that, there wouldn't be all this theorizing in the first place :P

Jexx21
09-21-2011, 02:23 PM
I need to know this for my Naruto/AC crossover now >.<

Eagle Vision was originally going to be a bloodline :/

LightRey
09-21-2011, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
I need to know this for my Naruto/AC crossover now >.<

Eagle Vision was originally going to be a bloodline :/
Well, you could make it something that's considered a bloodline, but that it's not necessarily confirmed. After all very few people seem to be able to use it on Ezio's level.

Saqaliba
09-21-2011, 05:51 PM
Seems eagle vision is not inherited, even though we have the clue in the Bloodlines glyph saying they have their abilities because it's in their blood.

My theory goes for a blend between two phenomena:

Residual Haunting and Time Slip (http://www.ghostsamongus.net/v2/Content/pid=34.html)

This would cover the theory that Desmond can see a ghostly recording from the past of an event that plays out in a certain place. Again, it's related to ESP (sixth sense) which is the ability to pick up the 'frequency' of another place or person's electromagnetic signature which is produced by the thoughts of every person just like a radio emits energy. The Eagle Vision is related in the sense that it is a related ability, but different from residual memory when relating to an ancestor or picking up the intentions or seeing the aura of an unrelated person.

naran6142
09-21-2011, 09:07 PM
desmond might just be able to pick up those "ghost" cuz his tuned into ezios memory

i dont think he will be able to see wat happened at a specific point at anytime

LightRey
09-21-2011, 11:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Seems eagle vision is not inherited, even though we have the clue in the Bloodlines glyph saying they have their abilities because it's in their blood.

My theory goes for a blend between two phenomena:

Residual Haunting and Time Slip (http://www.ghostsamongus.net/v2/Content/pid=34.html)

This would cover the theory that Desmond can see a ghostly recording from the past of an event that plays out in a certain place. Again, it's related to ESP (sixth sense) which is the ability to pick up the 'frequency' of another place or person's electromagnetic signature which is produced by the thoughts of every person just like a radio emits energy. The Eagle Vision is related in the sense that it is a related ability, but different from residual memory when relating to an ancestor or picking up the intentions or seeing the aura of an unrelated person. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, ESP is very likely not related to the sixth sense. Why do you keep saying that? there's absolutely no evidence for it whatsoever and since they haven't explained the sixth sense in the least there's absolutely no reason to assume that it's the same thing under basically any circumstances.

AdmiralPerry
09-22-2011, 03:50 PM
I think I may have answered my own question. The way I read it and understood it at first didn't make any sense. The ghostly memory that Desmond is seeing is not directly implanted into the environment; the memory, however, is implanted in his genetic memory, so when he passed through those underground tunnels in Monteriggioni, it was like deja-vu. But it still sounds more "bleeding effect" than Eagle Vision to me. Well, I guess we'll have our answer in Revelations!

SirhcTheCat
06-28-2012, 06:56 AM
Ummm just thought that this may be a interesting peice of information, but Juno at one point refers to eagle vision as "opening the sixth" which when u look at the basic chakras the sixth would be your third eye which is directly linked to ESP, also in AC II When Desmond ask Lucy how to find the Hideouts defense sensor she tells him "open your eyes" could just be me but seems like a reference to the third eye, and on top of that they do say that eagle vision is a bloodline thing but in the game is states that everyone is capable of using it, but the bloodlines they refere to are the of a mix breed of humans and the first civilization so they are more in tuned with it then others. when u think about it's rare to find people with heightened ESP but everyone is capable of harnessing it, as well as the ghostly figures and the memories of a past life have its place in ESP ....so yea.....I do believe those are good enough reasons to assume that's it's pretty much the same thing under all these circumstances, what do you guys think?

Moultonborough
06-28-2012, 07:35 AM
I think you shouldn't Necro threads. Not a bad idea though.

EDIT: Welcome to the forums (well posting wise). Check HERE (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/663799-Forum-Rules) for the rules of forum. Just trying to help, not being a Mod.

SirhcTheCat
06-30-2012, 09:15 AM
I think you shouldn't Necro threads. Not a bad idea though.

EDIT: Welcome to the forums (well posting wise). Check HERE (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/663799-Forum-Rules) for the rules of forum. Just trying to help, not being a Mod.

I read but I still don't know what necroing threads is

MT4K
06-30-2012, 09:20 AM
I read but I still don't know what necroing threads is

Necro is short for Necromancer in a sense. and a necromancer is usually somebody with the power to raise the dead.

The metathor is used to basically tell people not to use the dark evil magic and raise dead threads. Usually threads without a new post for more than 2/3 months get considered obsolete/dead and so somebody posting in them again suddenly bringing it to the front page is seen as raising the dead back to life. Hence the term = necro/necromancer

2/3 months is just an example as the length of time accepted is different usually between forums. More often than not though a thread without a new post for 2 months is usually not worth posting in anymore unless you have something really significant to add to it.

SirhcTheCat
07-01-2012, 12:34 AM
Necro is short for Necromancer in a sense. and a necromancer is usually somebody with the power to raise the dead.

The metathor is used to basically tell people not to use the dark evil magic and raise dead threads. Usually threads without a new post for more than 2/3 months get considered obsolete/dead and so somebody posting in them again suddenly bringing it to the front page is seen as raising the dead back to life. Hence the term = necro/necromancer

2/3 months is just an example as the length of time accepted is different usually between forums. More often than not though a thread without a new post for 2 months is usually not worth posting in anymore unless you have something really significant to add to it.

Ohhhhhh and now I know and knowing is half the battle G.I JOE!!!!!

WolfTemplar94
07-01-2012, 10:36 AM
I feel like this topic deserved to be revived though. It was a really interesting read.