PDA

View Full Version : Question about craters

Pentallion
10-13-2004, 08:20 PM
Will we be able to extend the time that craters stay the same we we can extend the time that destroyed objects respawn? It would be nice to change craters to last much, much longer.

Pentallion
10-13-2004, 08:20 PM
Will we be able to extend the time that craters stay the same we we can extend the time that destroyed objects respawn? It would be nice to change craters to last much, much longer.

heywooood
10-13-2004, 09:59 PM
Looks to me like they have at least opened that door. Maybe in future mods it will be possible.

I look at the addition of lasting craters and their collision effects as an opening to be widened....so to speak.

Jason Bourne
10-13-2004, 10:33 PM
what i really want to know is how craters will be modeled on carriers, also, it says that you can go to the front of the carrier to let others land, but what happens when they want to take off??

CowboyTodd41
10-13-2004, 11:47 PM
You get out of your plane, run to the mess, and pretend you were never there.

Tvrdi
10-14-2004, 06:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jason Bourne:
what i really want to know is how craters will be modeled on carriers, also, it says that you can go to the front of the carrier to let others land, but what happens when they want to take off?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

and what happens when u drop a bomb on a carrier,..any crater after that? how is modelled DM of the carrier?

Jason Bourne
10-14-2004, 08:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CowboyTodd41:
You get out of your plane, run to the mess, and pretend you were never there. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

which brings another Question. if you land on a carrier on fire and bail out, do you run toward the island and go to the infermary, or do you act like a idiot and run over the side of the carrier and drown??

SaQSoN
10-14-2004, 11:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> and what happens when u drop a bomb on a carrier,..any crater after that? how is modelled DM of the carrier? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
The ship DM consists of several dmage prats:
3 pieces for the hull,
3 pieces for the deck (ony for carriers)
and several more pieces for the superstructures.
When a certain part gets enough damage, it is replaced with it's "damaged" version. Should it be the deck piece, it has several invisible collision objects set upon painted on the damaged deck texture "holes". So, when you taxi over this holes, your landing gear is being torn off, and depending of your aircraft speed, you would either crash, or crash land. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Though, I don't know, how much damage (read bombs hits) you should inflict to the deck piece to turn it into the "damaged" state.