PDA

View Full Version : Full Sync is Stupid for Story Sequences

Bad213Boy
04-05-2011, 01:32 PM
I feel it takes away from my gaming experience. I loved how the other two AC allowed you to free play. Too many times am I trying to get full sync and end up missing conversations and loose focus of the actual game play. When doing the actual story missions, I don't want to be bothered with this. I want to be able to play the story as I see fit.

It would be cool to add suggestions like assassinating from a bench or haystack for a certain sequence, but anything else is not needed.

I wouldn't even mind if only the secondary missions had this optional full sync. That's fine and fun to work at. But the story part, common, that was plain stupid.

ElleCore
04-05-2011, 01:36 PM
I liked the Full Synch thing, added more challenge to the game.

And if you want to play freely just ignore the full synch.

CowPan
04-05-2011, 02:31 PM
While it's annoying at times, it's quite fun.
My complaint is about the restarts for it. I would come to the end of a level nearly full synch and then BAM! I would make a mistake or my keyboard screws up and I have to restart the whole mission. I would prefer checkpoint restarts.

RushMind
04-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by CowPan:
My complaint is about the restarts for it. I would come to the end of a level nearly full synch and then BAM! I would make a mistake or my keyboard screws up and I have to restart the whole mission. I would prefer checkpoint restarts.

at the mission when you need to destroy every machine with your machine, so to get full synch you need to not lose any life on your machine (DaVinci mission - hope I wasnt too confusing)

If you get a single hit you have to redo everything, instead of just the driving the machine part.

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
04-05-2011, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by RushMind:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CowPan:

at the mission when you need to destroy every machine with your machine, so to get full synch you need to not lose any life on your machine (DaVinci mission - hope I wasnt too confusing)

If you get a single hit you have to redo everything, instead of just the driving the machine part. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its not just a direct hit,a rifle shot or even splash damage and bumping into walls causes me to lose the 100% sync.

you can easily get to the fort,but then soldiers on foot and 2 tanks ?,most people use the sync cheat.

ace3001
04-06-2011, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by CowPan:
My complaint is about the restarts for it. I would come to the end of a level nearly full synch and then BAM! I would make a mistake or my keyboard screws up and I have to restart the whole mission. I would prefer checkpoint restarts. This. Happened twice to me in Castello Crasher, where I got to the end. Once, I was spotted after I shot one of the two guards, and the second time, Ezio didn't do the dual assassination properly, and ended up killing only one. I went totally mad having to do it a third time.

@OP: I think the 100% synch makes a lot of sense when considering story sequences.

Smok3y72
04-06-2011, 10:01 PM
Since the first release of AC1, I have loved all the additions to the game. I thought the 100% sync was one of the better additions to the series. The one thing that always frustrated me with this series was the lack of different difficulty levels, so I guess this was their way of trying to make it harder.

bveUSbve
04-07-2011, 01:12 AM
Since success of "full sync" is meant to be a reward for a "perfect" playthough of a sequence, it makes sense that it may NOT be done by just redoing from the last checkpoint.

But in some cases (i.e. "young at heart") I found this goal to be ridiculously hard to achieve. The difficulty-gap between normal/"half" sync and full many times is huge...

And with those timed missions it's simply totally unrealistic that Ezio could have gone through the "level" within time and localize/collect all treasures/flags.

While the "full-sync" thing is interesting and should be kept, I think for differentiation of difficulty-levels it would be much more satisfying for most non-casual gamers to vary the hardness of fighting.
But that would be too ordinary for an AC-game, I suppose...