PDA

View Full Version : AC:R Bomb Realism

naran6142
07-05-2011, 01:19 PM
hello everyone

By now most know that there are going to be bombs is AC:R

I was wondering what you guys thought about about using explosive weapons in an Assassin's Creed game and if you think that it is realistically done.

In the E3 game play demo Ezio uses a bomb to kill 2 guard. When aiming the bomb you can see the area of effect that the bomb will have. The 2 guards fit into the effective area and were instantly kill and sent flying.

Wouldn't an explosion strong enough to kill 2 people injure or possibly kill the nearby citizens?

When it comes to realism in a video game, I don't need something absolutely realistic(or else it wouldn't be fun). But I was kinda against the idea of bombs from the beginning and this sorta bothered me.

Though I do thing that Ubisoft has handled the more modern weapons(hidden gun) well and I do think that they can pull the bomb thing off.

Though/feelings/suggestions/comments?

AssassinBlaze
07-05-2011, 01:31 PM
They wont be totally realistic like many things but they defiantly wont be unrealistic,ll the bombs will do effect whoever it is you aim it at.

If you throw it in the way of civillians it will kill of gas them out or whatever.

Aim them at guards and they will blow them away.

Pretty simple really.

naran6142
07-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by AssassinBlaze:
They wont be totally realistic like many things but they defiantly wont be unrealistic,ll the bombs will do effect whoever it is you aim it at.

If you throw it in the way of civillians it will kill of gas them out or whatever.

Aim them at guards and they will blow them away.

Pretty simple really.

you're right

but when bombs were revealed to be in the game i was really hoping that Ezio wouldn't be walking around with grenades

Smoke I like, and I do think that I will enjoy that explosives too

AssassinBlaze
07-05-2011, 01:45 PM
What types of bombs do you think there will be?
I think these will be included;
1)Smoke bombs (As seen in the demo)

2)Explosives (Also seen in the demo)

3)I think there will be one for running away from guards to make them slip whilst you evade.

4)I think there will be some kind of bomb to distract guards also.

Anyone any thoughts?

sassinscreed
07-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by naran6142:
hello everyone

I was wondering what you guys thought about about using explosive weapons in an Assassin's Creed game and if you think that it is realistically done.

In the E3 game play demo Ezio uses a bomb to kill 2 guard. When aiming the bomb you can see the area of effect that the bomb will have. The 2 guards fit into the effective area and were instantly kill and sent flying.

Wouldn't an explosion strong enough to kill 2 people injure or possibly kill the nearby citizens?

When it comes to realism in a video game, I don't need something absolutely realistic(or else it wouldn't be fun). But I was kinda against the idea of bombs from the beginning and this sorta bothered me.

Though I do thing that Ubisoft has handled the more modern weapons(hidden gun) well and I do think that they can pull the bomb thing off.

leap of faith is not realistic too but i'm sure you use it or you climb down from view point every time?

i don't thing you will be forced to use bombs in ac:r combat so just don't use it if you don't like the idea

naran6142
07-05-2011, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by sassinscreed:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:
hello everyone

leap of faith is not realistic too but i'm sure you use it or you climb down from view point every time?

i don't thing you will be forced to use bombs in ac:r combat so just don't use it if you don't like the idea </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you're right, but i did mention that a completely realistic game wouldn't be fun, so i do enjoy the leap of faith and other things

but the point was to ask want everyone thought of how realistic what the bombs do is and how they effect your surroundings

i no i will have the right 2 choose whether or not to use them
it is what the assassins fight 4 after all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

kriegerdesgottes
07-05-2011, 05:25 PM
I like the idea of going around the world and finding things to create useful items. They are taking the concept from RDR and using it to make cool items which I thought was a great idea when they had that little AC poll about what people wanted and didn't want to see. I'm curious to see how it works though since you can create many different types of bombs to fit your game-play style.

iN3krO
07-05-2011, 05:28 PM
I think bombs will ruin the game... i won't use any unless i'm forced in any mission...

GamerMayron
07-06-2011, 03:33 AM
Bombs are cool, but I dont want to search chests like in AC:B and use these items to make bombs. Just the bombs themself.

^ And its very likely there will be missions you are forced to use bombs, just like you had to do with the recruits or the pistol

xx-pyro
07-06-2011, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
I like the idea of going around the world and finding things to create useful items. They are taking the concept from RDR and using it to make cool items which I thought was a great idea when they had that little AC poll about what people wanted and didn't want to see. I'm curious to see how it works though since you can create many different types of bombs to fit your game-play style.

A lot of RPG's use that crafting system, RDR by no means invented that crafting system concept.

As for bombs, the only thing I'm skeptical of is 300 different types. Obviously that means they will be upgradeable, because I couldn't think of 300 different types of bombs, but I think they add a nice amount of choice to distract guards other then the usual factions, smoke bombs, and the very limited scope of options we have to get guards away from their posts.

iN3krO
07-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by xx-pyro:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:

A lot of RPG's use that crafting system, RDR by no means invented that crafting system concept.

As for bombs, the only thing I'm skeptical of is 300 different types. Obviously that means they will be upgradeable, because I couldn't think of 300 different types of bombs, but I think they add a nice amount of choice to distract guards other then the usual factions, smoke bombs, and the very limited scope of options we have to get guards away from their posts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah bombs were a reallity in that time but why only ezio uses them?

If guards uses them i use them, if they don't i won't -.-

Ezio = Overpowered and this will increanse more the diffrence between ezio and guards -.-''

Animuses
07-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Ezio is supposed to have more weapons than the guards. He's an assassin after all.
Giving guards the same weapons as Ezio has proven to be terrible. Just look at the crossbowmen and the gunmen... They were an annoyance and a failed attempt at a new archetype.

xx-pyro
07-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx-pyro:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:

As for bombs, the only thing I'm skeptical of is 300 different types. Obviously that means they will be upgradeable, because I couldn't think of 300 different types of bombs, but I think they add a nice amount of choice to distract guards other then the usual factions, smoke bombs, and the very limited scope of options we have to get guards away from their posts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ezio = Overpowered and this will increanse more the diffrence between ezio and guards -.-'' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While I understand that concern, if you are looking for realism, guards having bombs is a direct contradiction, here's why:

Guards in AC are ALMOST ALWAYS in groups of 2 or more, only rarely are they alone. A guard throwing a bomb would hurt his fellow guards/disable them as much or more than he would hurt Ezio.

iN3krO
07-06-2011, 01:48 PM
I'm not looking for realism, i'm looking for balance...

Ac1 was well balanced.
Ac2 and B was better but it was really umbalanced and that's why i still prefer the combat of ac1...

Animuses
07-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Stop putting AC2 and ACB in the same category.... they are SO different.

CRUDFACE
07-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by xx-pyro:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx-pyro:

Ezio = Overpowered and this will increanse more the diffrence between ezio and guards -.-'' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While I understand that concern, if you are looking for realism, guards having bombs is a direct contradiction, here's why:

Guards in AC are ALMOST ALWAYS in groups of 2 or more, only rarely are they alone. A guard throwing a bomb would hurt his fellow guards/disable them as much or more than he would hurt Ezio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then can't they just, I don't know...throw them when they see from from afar? Or even when close, set up a smoke bomb since some guards wear masks according to the E3 demo and other AC games. It's not like every guard is going to go sucidal and detonate the bomb on his chest with his friends looking over him.

I've also heard of caltrops bombs which will slow down guards as they run for you.

And to the guy who started this thread, you said something about people getting caught up in the blast. They probably will, but in the demo, he aimed behind the guards and nobody was within the ring of influence the bomb had.

cless711
07-06-2011, 08:25 PM
As I've heard in most of the interviews, the bombs are going to be in AC:R so you can play the way you want to. If you want to be stealthy, you could use the stealthy bombs and chase breaker bombs. If you want to be offensive, there are bombs for that too.

And about the realism, I know Assassins Creed games like to be as accurate as possible to the historical setting, but in the end this is just a game.

AlphaAltair
07-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Stealthy bombs= oxymoron.

Calvarok
07-06-2011, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by AlphaAltair:
Stealthy bombs= oxymoron.
If you think of a bomb in the conventional way, yeah.

sassinscreed
07-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

just imagine guards starting bombing you after they see you doing crime, it has nothing to do with ezio being op, but it would just look very stupid

AlphaAltair
07-08-2011, 03:22 AM
Lol. No matter if you use them conventionally or unconventionally the term "stealthy bomb" is a joke. I mean what's next? Flamethrowers? ...oh, wait.

xx-pyro
07-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by AlphaAltair:
Lol. No matter if you use them conventionally or unconventionally the term "stealthy bomb" is a joke. I mean what's next? Flamethrowers? ...oh, wait.

I hope you realize those existed at the time, lmao.

And bombs can help you be really stealthy in fact. Say you plant a bomb in a location near to but not where you are headed, and let it explode. All the guards will go there to check it out, allowing you to move past without opposition.

It's more stealthy then sending courtesans at guards expecting they will actually be distracted lmao.

AlphaAltair
07-09-2011, 06:00 AM
Yeah, I do realise that about the greek fire.

I just prefer to try to be an covert, unseen assassin, getting in and out without attracting any attention or quietly silencing only the guards that i need to, to get to the target.

I'm not saying the bombs wont be fun and interesting in normal gameplay i just think that bombs aren't compatible with my (or the dictionary's) idea of stealth.

Imo smoke bombs were never stealthy either, they were handy for quickly assassinating multiple guards and for fast exits among other things but not for stealthy, subtle or silent assassinations.

Animuses
07-09-2011, 07:34 AM
Ezio had no other choice but to use the flamethrower. He needed to leave Constantinople.
The only thing that actually bugged me about the demo is how Ezio shot his pistol without using his other hand.

Smoke bombs aren't stealthy, but if an assassin is in high profile it is the best way to escape (as of AC2 and ACB). Now with all these new custom bombs, I do think they will be able to make stealthy bombs, but we'll just have to wait and see. Never be too quick to judge.