PDA

View Full Version : AC2-ACB Story Explaination *Spoilers*

SWJS
10-26-2010, 11:40 AM
Okay, so recently I've noticed A LOT of people are confused about how the games are connected and whether or not Brotherhood is the actual next game in the series, as well as why Ezio is wearing Altair's Armor in a few scenes.

As such, I will explain the details in a nice little plot synopsis. There WILL be spoilers. Trudge on ahead into the Spoiler Swamp if you dare, but don't blame me if you fall into the nasty spoiler quicksand.

Brotherhood might not have a 3 in the title, but it is the next game in the AC line, with brand new story and gameplay. It is NOT DLC, or an add on, or an expansion pack. It's a brand new cookie straight out of the oven.

At the end of AC2, ALL the assassins, including Mario, go with Ezio to Rome in order to help him confront Rodrigo Borgia. They create a distraction in the city so Ezio can easily slip into the Vatican unnoticed. Ezio of course, fights and defeats Rodrigo, but spares him and goes into the vault with the apple. He speaks with Minerva, shows her the apple, and she places her hand over it, and makes it glow. She then delivers her message to Desmond, and fades away, leaving poor Ezio more confused than a frat boy at a science convention.

ACB picks up RIGHT THERE. Ezio's still in the vault, still confused, When Mario shouts to him. Mario says Borgia has escaped, and that they need to flee before he alerts the papal guards. ACB assumes you got the best results with AC2, as Ezio has Altair's Armor and Sword. He and Mario escape the Vatican and free run through Rome until they're safe, then go to The Villa, while Machiavelli runs off to deal with Rodrigo, as leaving him alive is, you know, BAD, which Machiavelli nags about like an angry housewife. Maria is no longer a catatonic wreck, and Claudia is actually away from her desk prison. They celebrate Ezio's success, then life continues normally. Ezio does his chores, then Caterina Sforza puts him to bed. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif This is where the E3 Demo picks up. Essentially ACB becomes "Assassins Creed 2 Part 2: The Templars Strike Back" as the Borgia lay siege to the Villa, severely damaging it, and dstroying much of Ezio's armor and weapons. Ezio gets his family to safety, then joins Mario in defending the Villa. Cesare takes the apple, captures Caterina, severely wounds Ezio, and kills Mario.

Ezio regains consciousness sometime later in the care of a doctor, who tells him he's done all he can. The wounds will heal in time, but for now, he needs to take it easy. Ezio pays no attention to this, instead finding a note from Machiavelli, hops up, and decides it's time to seriously kick some Templar arse. This is as far as anybody has gotten.

So there you have it ladies and gentlemen. All your confusion laid to rest, and your questions answered. Hopefully.

DarkicoN14
10-26-2010, 01:03 PM
Basiclly its the games version of knocking you back to level one

SWJS
10-26-2010, 01:40 PM
Basiclly its the games version of knocking you back to level one
Bingo.

JAHman28
10-26-2010, 04:14 PM
Assassins Creed 2 Part 2: The Templars Strike Back

I found this amusing http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

EzioAssassin51
10-27-2010, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Basiclly its the games version of knocking you back to level one
Bingo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty good way of bringing us back to level 1 to be honest! And you forgot to mention how peeved Mach was!

But anyway, thanks for this EzioAssassin http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

DukeFirewood
10-27-2010, 05:45 AM
Sweet post mate http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif hopefully this will clear things up and people will stop calling ACB, AC3!!

FrankieSatt
10-27-2010, 06:44 AM
Is all this just an opinion, or is there actually proof to back up everything that was posted?

I like the story line, and it seems very logical, but I haven't seen anything that confirms this.

Also, I still say UBI screwed up by not naming the game AC3. It makes no sense. I'll just leave it at that as I really don't feel like posting all my arguments over again as to why 3 comes after 2.

superbalex
10-27-2010, 07:19 AM
yea there is proof, the ac2 part, well play the game!

the acb part.. theres someone who posted video gameplays of this. the E3 demo shows a little.. and play3.de posted some videos that showed all this. i think ign posted something aswell.. not 100% sure tho

SWJS
10-27-2010, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
Pretty good way of bringing us back to level 1 to be honest! And you forgot to mention how peeved Mach was!

But anyway, thanks for this EzioAssassin http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif Fixed that little detail. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

No problem. As a rule-abiding forumer, it's my duty to post helpful... posts!

Originally posted by DukeFirewood:
Sweet post mate http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif hopefully this will clear things up and people will stop calling ACB, AC3!! My thoughts as well.

Originally posted by FrankieSatt:
Is all this just an opinion, or is there actually proof to back up everything that was posted?

I like the story line, and it seems very logical, but I haven't seen anything that confirms this.

Also, I still say UBI screwed up by not naming the game AC3. It makes no sense. I'll just leave it at that as I really don't feel like posting all my arguments over again as to why 3 comes after 2. It's all in the videos on the forums friend. Of course, they have spoilers, so you probably haven't seen them, unless you like being spoiled.

ACB doesn't have a 3 in the title because it continues AC2's story, rather than having a new ancestor or time period.

PhiIs1618033
10-27-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by FrankieSatt:

Also, I still say UBI screwed up by not naming the game AC3. It makes no sense. I'll just leave it at that as I really don't feel like posting all my arguments over again as to why 3 comes after 2.
There's proof. Just dig around for a bit and you'll find it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

godsmack_darius
10-27-2010, 05:07 PM
I call ACB AC3 because id rather not keep saying AC 2.5

It is techniqually the 3rd game in the series. (or 4th - 5th if you count the DC/PSP games)

I dont understand why people go nuts over it being called AC3

I see some one post on the forum for example "Hey guys! Just wonderingwhen AC3 is coming out.

Comments: ITS NOT AC3!! Its 2.5

And november.

You wouldnt constantly call the animus in AC2 the animus 2.0 or "baby" as Rebecca calls it. would you?

Anyways, peace and love everyone http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I liked this summary, very brief and doesnt explain to much, which is good.

Jostru
10-27-2010, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by godsmack_darius:

It is techniqually the 3rd game in the series. (or 4th - 5th if you count the DC/PSP games)

I see some one post on the forum for example "Hey guys! Just wonderingwhen AC3 is coming out.

And november.

You wouldnt constantly call the animus in AC2 the animus 2.0 or "baby" as Rebecca calls it. would you?

Anyways, peace and love everyone http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I liked this summary, very brief and doesnt explain to much, which is good.

People don't call the animus 2.0 "baby", simply because it's just 1 person that calls it that. If everyone in the game would call it "baby", then a lot of people would call it that as well. And you say you call it AC3 because you don't want to call it AC2.5 all the time, but why not just call it... ACB?

SWJS
10-27-2010, 06:42 PM
People don't call the animus 2.0 "baby", simply because it's just 1 person that calls it that. If everyone in the game would call it "baby", then a lot of people would call it that as well. And you say you call it AC3 because you don't want to call it AC2.5 all the time, but why not just call it... ACB?
This http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

TheMusingMoose
10-27-2010, 08:37 PM
ACB is not a WHOLE new cookie. It's almost the same cookie, made with the same dough, but made with a new cookie cutter. It's got the same characters, the same engine, mostly the same weapons. And basically the same setting. (It's still in Renaissance Italy boys!)

Basically, it's AC2, but with more semi-pointless content. I LIKE IT!!!!

SWJS
10-27-2010, 09:26 PM
It's almost the same cookie, made with the same dough, but made with a new cookie cutter. It's got the same characters, the same engine, mostly the same weapons. And basically the same setting. (It's still in Renaissance Italy boys!)
What about the whole new city of Rome, Horse-to-Horse-to-Ground-to-Horse etc. assassinations, the ability to exit the Animus 2.0 whenever, the frikkin CROSSBOW, the BAM, The multiplayer, The new character outfits, Machiavelli having a bigger role, new assassination targets, the customizable brotherhood, new collectibles, other locations like.... I dunno, SPAIN.

Really, have you been in a cave ever since the game was announced?

If anything the game went from a tasty sugar cookie to a fresh, moist chocolate chocolate chunk cookie with extra sprinkles and M&Ms...

EzioAssassin51
10-28-2010, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's almost the same cookie, made with the same dough, but made with a new cookie cutter. It's got the same characters, the same engine, mostly the same weapons. And basically the same setting. (It's still in Renaissance Italy boys!)
What about the whole new city of Rome, Horse-to-Horse-to-Ground-to-Horse etc. assassinations, the ability to exit the Animus 2.0 whenever, the frikkin CROSSBOW, the BAM, The multiplayer, The new character outfits, Machiavelli having a bigger role, new assassination targets, the customizable brotherhood, new collectibles, other locations like.... I dunno, SPAIN.

Really, have you been in a cave ever since the game was announced?

If anything the game went from a tasty sugar cookie to a fresh, moist chocolate chocolate chunk cookie with extra sprinkles and M&Ms... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

This isn't AC2 all over again. It's more in every way. I feel that this could be the best AC yet!

SWJS
10-28-2010, 02:43 PM
This isn't AC2 all over again. It's more in every way. I feel that this could be the best AC yet!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

well said.

TheMusingMoose
10-28-2010, 03:11 PM
I said they added a bunch of semi-useless stuff. I approved. I liked the idea. THANK YOU FOR READING MY POST!!!!!!!!

Haters.....

EDIT: And the crossbow was orignally intended for AC1!!! I fail to see how this counts as a new weapon.

SWJS
10-28-2010, 03:24 PM
I said they added a bunch of semi-useless stuff.
which sounds like an insult to the game from a misinformed fan who thinks it's an expansion pack...
I approved. It didn't sound like it...

Haters.....
Nobody's hating anybody. It seemed like you were sarcastically berating the game. "semi-useless" isn't exactly a compliment.
EDIT: And the crossbow was originally intended for AC1!!! I fail to see how this counts as a new weapon. It was in a brief opening scene. It was never used, or never implemented. The idea was used, but the actual weapon has only just made it into existence. Therefore, it is a new weapon to the series. It other words, we actually get to use it. Not only that, we can fire it from the back of a horse.

I fail to see how this doesn't excite you if you're an AC fan..

TheMusingMoose
10-28-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm sorry if I came across as a "Misinformed fan", but I know quite as well as you do that ACB is not an expansion pack. ACB could be summed up with the phrase, "It seemed like a good idea at the time."

AHEM, let me clarify that statement with some examples. A tank, A gun, A different gun, A cannon, Ballistic combat, a rocket launcher, A parachute, poison darts, a tank, the BAM (that name makes me laugh, because every time I use it I'm going to go, BAM!!!) the horse to horse combat, Rome, Spain, the Crossbow, Machiavelli, the ability to exit the animus 2.0 whenever, new collectibles, the Multiplayer, A TANK, new character outfits, a tank, the ability to rebuild Rome, a tank, and the ability to burn down Templar Towers.

Note, I approve of the tank, and everything else, I'm just playing Devil's advocate here

Also, who said you could exit the Animus whenever? I'm interested here. That was a part of the first game I really felt added a tad bit of immersion that so many other games are lacking.

SWJS
10-28-2010, 03:45 PM
I'm just playing Devil's advocate here Ahh, my mistake.

Also, who said you could exit the Animus whenever? I do believe it was in a recent preview. Gamesradar perhaps? I'll give it a quick Google and see if I can't dig it up.

SWJS
10-28-2010, 03:55 PM
It's all good, sorry I called you a hater.
Eh, I've been called far worse. As a matter of fact, hater is the nicest insult ever uttered at me. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I'm sorry I went all "Rabid Fanboy Guardian of Games" on you. My blood's on fire with excitement for ACB.

dchil279
10-28-2010, 05:09 PM
Are there links where we can actually see what you have just described?

dchil279
10-28-2010, 05:12 PM
and what the hell is a BAM?

SWJS
10-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Are there links where we can actually see what you have just described?
They're peppered about the forum friend. Try looking in the Brotherhood Videos thread.
and what the hell is a BAM? Brotherhood Assistance Move. It's the new Brotherhood system in the game where you can call on other assassins for help.

godsmack_darius
10-28-2010, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Jostru:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by godsmack_darius:

And november.

People don't call the animus 2.0 "baby", simply because it's just 1 person that calls it that. If everyone in the game would call it "baby", then a lot of people would call it that as well. And you say you call it AC3 because you don't want to call it AC2.5 all the time, but why not just call it... ACB? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do call it ACB, to avoid "ITS NOT AC3 its 2.5" well the Animus is techniqually called the Animus 2.0 but we call it the Animus,

I just dont see the point in why people go nuts over someone saying AC 2.5 "ATAAACK" lol

No offence to anyone here though, just thought Id through that out, I just got pretty annoyed of all these people pestering me in previous threads for calling it AC3, when I am clearly aware it is "not the 3rd game" its the game in between 2 and 3 I guess...Cant we just accept that it is the 3rd game, just not a sequel

TheMusingMoose
10-28-2010, 07:12 PM
More like the 4th or 5th game... If you count the handheld versions.

godsmack_darius
10-30-2010, 02:20 AM
Thats what I was thinking...but its got too complicated to say the "4th or 5th" everytime, and I dont think that is including project legacy either :P

XxKillaSniperxX
10-30-2010, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by godsmack_darius:
No offence to anyone here though, just thought Id through that out, I just got pretty annoyed of all these people pestering me in previous threads for calling it AC3, when I am clearly aware it is "not the 3rd game" its the game in between 2 and 3 I guess...Cant we just accept that it is the 3rd game, just not a sequel

Technically it will be between 2 and 3, but it could actually be between 2 and Lost legacy depending on where the latter picks up.