PDA

View Full Version : Problem's with "TRACKS"?

XyZspineZyX
01-24-2005, 05:03 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif
Hello,

Since the patch 3.03 and with the 3.04 also, when I do save a track at the end of a single mission (campaing or other) what is recorded by the game is not what append during the mission!
Does someone have the same problem?
I cannot prove it! But it is so!

Is there a solution, or maybe I should wait for the next patch?

Have a nice day.

Sensei

XyZspineZyX
01-24-2005, 05:03 AM
Hello,

Since the patch 3.03 and with the 3.04 also, when I do save a track at the end of a single mission (campaing or other) what is recorded by the game is not what append during the mission!
Does someone have the same problem?
I cannot prove it! But it is so!

Is there a solution, or maybe I should wait for the next patch?

Have a nice day.

Sensei

plumps_
01-24-2005, 06:29 AM
http://www.airwarfare.com/sturmovik_101/FAQ_Pilots.htm#071

1) The tracks were recorded with an older patch level than you're running with your current installation (tracks won't work with a new patch if the flight model of the plane you recorded was changed). Most of the training missions will only work with the original game.

2) You might have used a lot of time compression or pausing in the mission that you recorded. If you want to make sure a track will be replayable then
- don't use time acceleration and deceleration
- don't switch views too frequently
- don't pause the game
This is especially important for slower PCs.

Also, the longer your track is the higher the possibility that it'll get screwed up.

XyZspineZyX
01-25-2005, 03:06 AM

Hello,

Sorry but I did make this tracks with the same version of the game that I used to make them.
Also I did not used any aceleration or did I change view often.
The only thing I did do is when i view the track is to used the F2 key to look from outside of my plane and keep it there...

Have a nice day.

Sensei

ukzz4iroc
01-26-2005, 02:40 AM
I'm getting the same problems. Tracks get to 100% then it says loading failed. really annoying as it works 20% of the time!!

Any ideas why?

Tully__
01-26-2005, 03:55 AM
There are two modes for track recordings.

1. .trk files are created whey you use the "Save Track" button after an offline mission is completed. This mode saves the player's control inputs and the mission start conditions. For correct playback it relies on the control inputs being played back with exactly the same timing as they were applied when the mission was originally played. If time acceleration/slowing or pause is used or the PC on which the mission is recorded or played back are only marginal for game performance, the chances of input timings being messed up are high.

2. .ntrk files are created when you use the "Start recording" option on the ESC menu or the keyboard "Start/stop recording" control (you'll have to assign it). These files are much larger but contain position/attitude/speed/damage states for all objects in the mission throughout the mission. Though they're much larger, these files are mostly immune to the vagueries of PC performance, time compression/acceleration or different versions. You will still occasionally see shots missing targets they hit when the mission was originally played, but because damage is also recorded the damage done shoud still appear.

ukzz4iroc
01-26-2005, 04:08 AM
It's the .ntrk ones that are causing the problems. I can save a carrier landing- and I mean just that- perhaps starting on the approach. I do this by escaping and using the menu offered. When I am back out at the main menu and try to play the track it fails more often than not.

Any more ideas?

Tallyho1961
01-26-2005, 06:48 AM
I've just seen the same thing for the first time and I've been recording tracks since FB.

Granted, tracks recorded with an earlier version are often no longer be playable after a patch, but this is the first time a recorded (.trk) sequence I was interested in did not appear as it originally happened.

I don't consider this a big deal, it's just interesting that I'm not the only one who's seeing it. A possible bug here?

Using version 3.04m.