PDA

View Full Version : New Assassin's Creed by April 2011

SUBJ3CT DELTA
01-13-2010, 10:55 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01...d-due-by-april-2011/ (http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/13/new-assassins-creed-due-by-april-2011/)

So they announced a new one. No details, but April '10 to April '11 is the next fiscal year for Ubisoft so expect it sometime within that window.

NuclearFuss
01-13-2010, 11:09 AM
READ THIS! I took it from the SCC forum thread about the release date. It's Ubisoft's official financial update.

Initial information on the 2010-11 line-up

The 2010-11 fiscal year will see a greater number of franchise releases than in 2009-10, including Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction™, a new game in the Tom Clancy™’s Ghost Recon® series, Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands™, Driver®, Raving Rabbids™ 4 and a new episode of Assassin’s Creed®, which will be the first in the series to have an online multiplayer mode. The 2010-11 line-up will be more focused on the Xbox 360® and PLAYSTATION® 3, the consoles which are expected to experience sustained sales growth in games for gamers in calendar 2010. Other new franchises and innovations will also be announced throughout the year.

phil.llllll
01-13-2010, 11:17 AM
I hope it's not just MP. I hope they still stick to the main game and are just offering up MP on the side.

Captain Tomatoz
01-13-2010, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by phil.llllll:
I hope it's not just MP. I hope they still stick to the main game and are just offering up MP on the side.

obviosly considering the cliff hanger the 2nd one left us on

mikeh1294
01-13-2010, 11:35 AM
But the 'New Episode' (what it actually says) makes me think it is going to be DLC or something, rather than a whole new game that quick.

Or ACIII could be episodic, with each temple/area/ancestor Desmond has to visit having their own game/DLC?

NuclearFuss
01-13-2010, 11:41 AM
Maybe when the creative side (story, characters etc) of AC2 was finished they started that stuff for AC3. I mean while the tech people got to work, not much input would be needed from the creative side so they could focus on the next story. Hence the fairly short development time.

Avl521
01-13-2010, 12:14 PM
if you check the link again there's an Update:
Gamasutra says it was told by Ubisoft that the note in the release "refers specifically to an entirely new game and not content associated with AC2."] Heck, there's not even a platform mentioned. We're contacting Ubisoft for clarification as we speak.
AC3 in 2011!!! I can't wait!! And I'll agree to Multiplayer as long as it doesn't take time, resources from the Main Storyline/Single Player.
Major Update by IGN:
Ubisoft has clarified, saying this is a new title featuring Ezio, and is not an expansion for Assassin's Creed 2. The new online multiplayer mode will be for an entirely new Assassin's Creed product. The Assassin's Creed Episodes project will pick up where Assassin's Creed 2 left off.

TK Amaterasu
01-13-2010, 02:25 PM
Whoohoo after finishing he second one i knew there would be another

caswallawn_2k7
01-13-2010, 02:33 PM
I wouldn't put much faith in this being a follow on, by the sound of it just a AC2 remake aimed at multiplayer (how they can claim it's not a addon to AC2 then say it's about Ezio is stupid)

this isn't going to be AC3 I doubt it will even be in line with the off shoots like bloodlines. since it's aimed at multiplayer and made in such a short period I have money on old maps/models and pretty much no story.

mikeh1294
01-13-2010, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
I wouldn't put much faith in this being a follow on, by the sound of it just a AC2 remake aimed at multiplayer (how they can claim it's not a addon to AC2 then say it's about Ezio is stupid)

this isn't going to be AC3 I doubt it will even be in line with the off shoots like bloodlines. since it's aimed at multiplayer and made in such a short period I have money on old maps/models and pretty much no story.

Cas, I read that it followed on form ACII, so it mut have a bit of story. Although if it is completely multiplayer, it will be quite...unusual...

mojsarn
01-13-2010, 02:43 PM
What the heck, I was hoping for a new ancestor or Desmond!? Not Ezio again, but no platform has been mentioned so it could be a game like the DS or the PSP game, but with online involved the chances of being 360/PS3 are quite high.

BK-110
01-13-2010, 02:43 PM
Sounds like it's gonna be a continuation of Ezio's story (somewhat like Bloodlines for Altaïr) with an online multiplayer mode. Well, they pretty much directly state that it will not be AC3, which is good, because that would be way too early.

But damn this get's me excited! Hoping for some sort of character creation. I mentioned in another thread that multiplayer focusing on the Thieves would be awesome. I mean, making your own custom Thief and then going on missions with others actually doesn't sound bad, if you ask me. Hell, the other factions could be used as well.

Just hoping it's gonna be for consoles instead of PSP.

SUBJ3CT DELTA
01-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Avl521:
if you check the link again there's an Update:
Gamasutra says it was told by Ubisoft that the note in the release "refers specifically to an entirely new game and not content associated with AC2."] Heck, there's not even a platform mentioned. We're contacting Ubisoft for clarification as we speak.
AC3 in 2011!!! I can't wait!! And I'll agree to Multiplayer as long as it doesn't take time, resources from the Main Storyline/Single Player.
Major Update by IGN:
Ubisoft has clarified, saying this is a new title featuring Ezio, and is not an expansion for Assassin's Creed 2. The new online multiplayer mode will be for an entirely new Assassin's Creed product. The Assassin's Creed Episodes project will pick up where Assassin's Creed 2 left off.

Sooooo AC3 and AC Multiplayer are two differnt Games?

WOW this is gonna get really counfussing.

godsmack_darius
01-13-2010, 03:34 PM
Wait...Are you saying their ognna be AC multiplayer THEN AC3 comes out later on? WTF?

Assassins Creed is best just staying the way it is, it will just confuse players.

caswallawn_2k7
01-13-2010, 03:54 PM
they have a franchise and they know there are enough stupid people to pay for a multiplayer game so why included it in the game when they can market it?

this is called protesting for something backfiring on you, get enough people to say they want something, it becomes marketable and they are going to sell it they aint just gona give it away free.

unfortunately for the people who want multiplayer it looks like they are going to have to buy a full game that isn't even part of the main franchise http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

blarson11
01-13-2010, 04:01 PM
if it costs as much as an add on, in which case it really would be, i might consider it. it depends on the content. if its anything more than that then there aint no effin way =P

JoeNoSay
01-13-2010, 04:45 PM
You will buy it, you will play it, you wil love it, you will move on. Many fans purchased Bloodlines (meh, imho) and they will do the same here. FPS are reaching critical mass & gamers want something else that offers the same level of excitement without the commitment of a Demon's Souls.

the amolang
01-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Wow, I have to say this is unexpected.... so soon...

so am I wrong in saying that its going to be episodic content? kind of like fable 2 is now? cause if it is, it would be kind of nice, I would be able to get it a lot sooner...

mantledarcanum
01-13-2010, 05:54 PM
As long as it's a co-op and not MP. I hated doing the races against the AI in AC2. I'll hold back judgment on this until we know more about the content and the pricing on this all. It could turn into something enjoyable.. who knows?

famethrowa1991
01-13-2010, 09:42 PM
French Revolution/Enlightenment Era maybe even up to the Napoleonic Wars would be good I think

Azugo
01-13-2010, 09:52 PM
Sweet as. I also hope it's not just multiplayer though, and I hope that it has Co-Op.

Whatever it is, it doesn't matter -- It's Assassin's Creed -- We know it'll be awesome. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

FiskMunk
01-14-2010, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by Azugo:
Sweet as. I also hope it's not just multiplayer though, and I hope that it has Co-Op.

Whatever it is, it doesn't matter -- It's Assassin's Creed -- We know it'll be awesome. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Bloodlines wasn't.

Avl521
01-14-2010, 08:12 AM
I want it to be co-op only, I don't want team deathmatch or any of that BS.
Co-op only and allow for Splitscreen so I can play with friends at home which is far better and funnier than playing online.

Hurri211
01-14-2010, 09:36 AM
Well, I think it's going to be pretty cool. If you think about, the story team could have been writing the story for the episodes as soon as they finished AC2, so that could be 2-3 months before the game went gold (just guessing). Then if they use the same engine, just make improvements (which would make sense if they're using the same characters again) I don't think it will be rushed. I've also got a feeling this one will have Rome as a city, and possibly another big city (Milan perhaps?). As for the multiplayer, as long as they don't make any shortcomings on the singleplayer, I'll welcome it.

gohanks10
01-14-2010, 12:41 PM
the multiplayer, i think that will be about a versus mode with the main characters of the game.

in the single player, i hope that ubi doesn't remove the cities from AC2 and put them (including the hidden area only in DLC) in this new game. in my opinion the main and only new city in this game will be rome.

assassin087
12-11-2010, 06:37 PM
I was hoping they would take a breather to get more time to make it a better game but i hear that they are going to make a team twice as big to work on this ac so maybe they could make it work. If they did both this would be an awesome game but i am still hoping that they plan on taking a breather and realeasing it 2012. I know its going to be a long wait but it will be worth it. It is the final game in the triology. I want it to be a completely new game. No offense but ac b was awesome but it still felt like ac 2. I want ac 3 to have a big change like the change from ac 1 to ac 2. I want a new engine and better graphics and for it to be a brand new experience. If ubisoft can do this for ac 3 in one year than ok. It doesnt matter as long as it is an awesome game. I love that they are keeping the multyplayer in. Loved it in ac b and i play it everyday. It fells a lot better to teabag a person instead of an ai.