PDA

View Full Version : OT- Got a X-52 and need profiles

ganondorf29
02-21-2005, 03:17 PM
I just got a X-52 and loving it. I would just like to know if I can get some profiles for IL-2. The profile at Saitek's site wasnt really helpful. If you have some links for some profiles that would be great. Thanks

ganondorf29
02-21-2005, 03:17 PM
I just got a X-52 and loving it. I would just like to know if I can get some profiles for IL-2. The profile at Saitek's site wasnt really helpful. If you have some links for some profiles that would be great. Thanks

Beirut
02-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Oh, you have one! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

I bought the Saitek PC Gamer keyboard and I think it's great. I'm thinking of getting the X52 as well. I have a MSFFB2 and I love it, but I might get the X52 as well just for fun.

Can you give some detailed feedback for us?

Is it heavy? Does it feel solid? Are the buttons and switches responsive? Does the mouse/stick thing work well? Does the handle light up at all besides the read out screen? Does the rudder function work well?

Everything brother, everything. We won't get bored I promise. Thanks!

ganondorf29
02-21-2005, 03:49 PM
I got it for my 15th birthday which is a month away. Only problem is I can only use it today (Feb 21). The buttons and switches are responsive. Personally I dont think its heavy, but thats my opinion. The POVs all light up in the middle. And so do the buttons. The rudder is very nice too, but I've been playing with a Logitech Wingman Extreme 3D with a messed up rudder but I like the rudder. And you can adjust the height and other stuff, too lazy to look at the other things. The MFD tells the time and date too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

LordOliver
02-21-2005, 09:33 PM
I have one at my puny website, but there are some keys you have to modify ingame to get the most out of it... I havent yet documented them so if you want to give it a go, load it and print out a command list from the profiler.

Beirut
02-22-2005, 09:26 AM
Lord Oliver,

Went to your site. Pretty cool.

And that clock thing you've got is wild. Is that thing uploadable from somewhere?

Iron_Hand1
02-22-2005, 11:49 AM
yes, nice site...i wanna chech the track ir profile.
Thanks!

LordOliver
02-22-2005, 03:51 PM
thanks, but it is really just a Frontpage template website with some rudimentary coding as I was trying to learn on the fly.

The clock is a java script thingy I got in an email from a friend.. at the time I just stuck the code into the front page. I am very hunt and peck when it comes to HTML and trust frontpage to do 90% of the work. the clock doesn't work with Firefox as it blocks scripts.

If you get the X-45 profile, there is an excel sheet there that lists the key commands I used and it is what I based my X-52's on. I have to document the keystrokes I did.

HansKnappstick
02-23-2005, 05:07 AM
The problem is, you cannot convert a profile for X45 into one for X52.

I have a profile for X52 I am quite happy with, though it is not yet 100% ready, if you give me your email I'll send it to you.

LordOliver
02-23-2005, 11:54 AM
True you cannot directly convert an X-45 profile, but...

If you have named your commands appropriately in the X-45 profile (not leaving them New Keystroke1, New Keystroke2, etc.) , you can open it up with the X-52 profiler, and though the keymaps are blank, you can right click on them and all your saved commands are there... just pick one and assign it. then save as an X-52 profile.

I tried to do a 1:1 conversion this way from my 45 to my 52, but some have been moved to the toggles.

Darwin11
02-23-2005, 04:15 PM
I was so looking forward to the X-52. It looks better designed and more solid than the X-45 I've been using...

until I found out they removed the rudder rockers in favor of a **** twist-stick.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif$&*@#*@%&#*@&$*@&#$%$!!!!!

Are you TRYING to make me hate you, Saitek?