PDA

View Full Version : Dialog

Blind2Society
05-18-2011, 08:42 PM
Ok so I have an issue with a very specific aspect of Assassin's Creed dialog that I feel warrents its own thread. Though, this thread can be used for any discussion of Assassin's Creed dialog.

As we all know (at least we all should http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif) good dialog is essential to a great story. I felt AC1 and II had wonderful dialog but brotherhood was absolutely deplorable. Some parts seemed as mere oversights and others, simply lack of effort. I think a lot of you will agree with me on this. I sincerely hope they spend a lot of time making sure every single word is specificaly chosen and avoids that cheesy feeling Brotherhood so often produced.

Anyway, the specific dialog issue I am speaking of is the ever cheesy, speaking in unison. Every single time I heard something like this it made me cringe and ALMOST made me feel ashamed to be playing Assassin's Creed. I repeat, ALMOST. When the assassin's speak in unison during ceremonies it reminded me of the movie Hott Fuzz (though in Hott Fuzz it was funny, in AC it was just upsetting).

Ok so onto the specific part, that inspired this thread. "Vittoria agli assassini." The end parts of the game were lackluster enough by them selves, mainly due to their lack of story and dialog, and they did not need that childish, cheesy, pathetic cheer. This phrase was pushing it when Catarina said it while riding away and at the end it was just uncalled for.

So anyway, those are my feeling on the dialog of ACB. Any body else care to share their feelings on the dialog and importance of it through out the Assassin's Creed saga?

donngold
05-18-2011, 08:46 PM
Agree with u and i also feel like acb has a (really stupid) robin hood theme. Like your rebuilding rome and helping the people blah blah blah amd your not assassinating targets and when u do, its really disappointing. I have no problem helping the city but the assassinations should be the main focus

Blind2Society
05-18-2011, 09:01 PM
I do like the rebuilding Rome sort of thing... in some ways. I wish it were much more in depth, and less generic. Hey, "with great power comes great responsibility", it's Ezio's job http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

The cheesy comments are just too much for me (and don't mistake cheesy for cheeky either as cheeky comments can be great (007 Pierce Brosnan http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif)). SOMETIMES less dialog is better (more so in real life). In the end when the assassins confront Cesare at the gate, it would have been perfect if the assassins didn't say a word. It would have given the slightest feeling of AC1, and the secretive, to the point, assassins...... *sigh* I miss AC1 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

donngold
05-18-2011, 09:05 PM
Me too. I just replayed it and it really showed me how ubisoft basically changed so much most of it unessecary in my opinion. That chanting does remind me of hot fuzz!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
Cool picture in your sig too
And your right about the cheese effect it poured out in acb in a bad way. The talks u had with your targets after your assassinations were also poorly done, i could have written better lines

Blind2Society
05-18-2011, 09:36 PM
After reading your last post I tried to think of some good dialog from ACB and the bad is just so overshadowing that I simply couldn't remember any. (that's not to say there wasn't any, it was just too rare to remember.)

Originally posted by donngold:
Cool picture in your sig too
Thanks, it was kind of a pain in the even though it looks rather simple.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

AronAssassin68
05-19-2011, 04:40 PM
Although it didn't really bother me, now that you mention it I must agree. Ezio became some kind of superhero with his sidekicks. Assassins HO! What I liked about AC1 was the philosophical aspect of the dialog. It gave the game deeper meaning and a touch of seriousness. Here's hoping ACR will deal with it!

AlphaAltair
05-19-2011, 09:12 PM
I couldn't possibly agree more. "We did not agree to conquer Italia" always made me cringe and is probably one of the worst lines in, sadly, a poorly written game, to me it seemed like they either rushed it or they accidently used a draft script.

It seems they're not using Jeff Yohalem in this one (as head writer) but they're not using Corey May either, instead we get Darby McDevitt who has scripted a couple of the AC hand held titles, heres hoping he can do a good job but I'd feel a lot more confident if Corey May was scripting.

phil.llllll
05-19-2011, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by AlphaAltair:
I couldn't possibly agree more. "We did not agree to conquer Italia" always made me cringe and is probably one of the worst lines in, sadly, a poorly written game, to me it seemed like they either rushed it or they accidently used a draft script.

Agreed with the topic and this. Not to mention the few big plot holes they introduced... I just hope they pay more attention to the story in ACR.

Originally posted by AlphaAltair:
It seems they're not using Jeff Yohalem in this one (as head writer) but they're not using Corey May either, instead we get Darby McDevitt who has scripted a couple of the AC hand held titles, heres hoping he can do a good job but I'd feel a lot more confident if Corey May was scripting.

As would I. I'm hoping Darby does a much better job with ACR as the handheld titles were awful in that regard.

Wantmeaninja
05-20-2011, 12:11 AM
@blind2society- love the sig

Blind2Society
05-20-2011, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Wantmeaninja:
@blind2society- love the sig
Thanks, I'm actually quite fond of yours.

iN3krO
05-20-2011, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by AronAssassin68:
Although it didn't really bother me, now that you mention it I must agree. Ezio became some kind of superhero with his sidekicks. Assassins HO! What I liked about AC1 was the philosophical aspect of the dialog. It gave the game deeper meaning and a touch of seriousness. Here's hoping ACR will deal with it!

someone agress me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

rebuilt rome is the same as non-rebuilt rome unlike monterrigoni... you are no longer looking for a templair instead you are looking for a guy that wants to conquer italy...

Oh, and you are not an assassin anymore... now you are d'Artagnan with some sort of tank-like armor (d'Artagnan was the best swordman of france)...