PDA

View Full Version : Problems installing game

crich68
05-18-2005, 02:29 PM
When loading IL-2 I get a box saying to install disk in e drive when swapping from disk 1 to disk 2. I have three options..try again, cancel, or contiune. When clicking any option nothing happens....I cant even close the box out. I can drag the box out of the way and continue loading disk 2 and the game will load completley. I have to re-boot the comp to get the box to go away. I checked the hard drive and the game is downloaded but when I try to play the game it boots up but then closes and I'm back to the desktop. I have tried ubisoft tech support and they said its a problem with the computer. I tried HP tech support and they say its the game. I loaded IL-2 a few months ago with the same problems but finally out of luck got it to work .When installing PF last night it done the same thing between disks and I had to remove IL2 and PF and start all over. I have tried the dll. file from the ubi site with no luck. Any help would be appreicated.

crich68
05-18-2005, 02:29 PM
When loading IL-2 I get a box saying to install disk in e drive when swapping from disk 1 to disk 2. I have three options..try again, cancel, or contiune. When clicking any option nothing happens....I cant even close the box out. I can drag the box out of the way and continue loading disk 2 and the game will load completley. I have to re-boot the comp to get the box to go away. I checked the hard drive and the game is downloaded but when I try to play the game it boots up but then closes and I'm back to the desktop. I have tried ubisoft tech support and they said its a problem with the computer. I tried HP tech support and they say its the game. I loaded IL-2 a few months ago with the same problems but finally out of luck got it to work .When installing PF last night it done the same thing between disks and I had to remove IL2 and PF and start all over. I have tried the dll. file from the ubi site with no luck. Any help would be appreicated.

crich68
05-18-2005, 03:05 PM
I guess I put this in the wrong forum.....sorry

Atomic_Marten
05-18-2005, 03:30 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=frm&s=400102&f=49310655

mjr_health
05-18-2005, 08:39 PM
When you install a prorgamme. Install shield creates a folder here for that install. Sometimes when you uninstall it dosnt remove the info and will try reuse the same info next time you install. Had the problem trying to remove SH3 so i could do a clean install. There is a setup file which is a text file that has the name of the install(After you uninstall the games).If it is the correct one for Fb or whever you are reinstalling delete it. Then Install shield will generate a new one. You may need to do a regclean to remove old entires as well from the registry. If the setuo file is missing from the folder you will have to browse the remaining file with notepad. The filename will be hidden in the code. That is how i found the Sh3 file.

C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information