PDA

View Full Version : The World Outside The Walls

Blind2Society
08-20-2011, 12:17 PM
I'm starting this thread for information, comments and speculation as to what the world of AC will be like when it is finally revealed to us. So far pretty much everything hass been hidden from us.

From what we have seen (which is very little) the outside world seems placid andno different to the world in which we live. Looking out the window at Abstergo doesn't give us much but also doesn't show any signs of a crazy world. Also when Exploring Monteriggioni at night the world seems placid and the city in the distance seems normal.

Those seems to be the only real times we get any sort of info as to what is going on around us at the time. Other than that the only thing I can think of that would factor in is that the assassin's and templars had big fire fight in what seems to be the middle of the city and no cops came snooping. Maybe revolution or something of the like is going on.

Also once we do get to see the outside world it very well could be falling into chaos. Many people could be fearing the end of the world (as an interpretaion of The Mayan prophecy) and others such as scientist may have predicted a solar flare that would seriously cripple human civization and the planet. There are many posibilities and I am interested to hear what everyone elses theories are.

One thing I do hope is that Ubisoft makes a damn good CG scene of the solar system and the sun in AC3. Space is the most wonderful thing a human being will ever have the pleasure of gazing upon so I seriously hope Ubisoft does it right.

CrazyShrapnel
08-20-2011, 12:25 PM
There's a bunch of emails Desmond can read at the end of AC1. Some have news about world events. I think there was one that said most of Africa's population had been wiped out by a virus and another mentioned American refugees fleeing across the Mexican border.

Blind2Society
08-20-2011, 12:29 PM
Yes your right, I forgot about those. That adds another layer. I cannot wait to exit the animus and see what's going on.
http://ecdn0.hark.com/images/000/002/010/2010/original.gif

ShaneO7K
08-20-2011, 12:37 PM
I can't see the world being any differen't from what we have right now, except that we know that there has been increased natural disasters in parts of the world.

There is no real reason why it would be too differen't, the Assassin Vs. Templar war is a secret one so the general public doesn't know of the two factions existence.

I couldn't see the templars opening up into a massive gunfight in public as if someone was caught it could reveal Abstergo and what they do. Though after the satellite launch anything is possible to happen because the Templars will know it is too late for anyone to stop them and know longer need public support. And the Assassin's also won't care if the order becomes known as they know what the bigger picture is and the world as they know is in danger.

In AC3 I can definetly see a car chase which involves Desmond in a motorcycle, as he says in AC1 that he couldn't get enough of them.

I could imagine AC3 maybe opening up like you said with a view of space but being narrated by one of the Capitoline Triad (Minerva, Juno and Jupiter) and talk about TWCB, their history and what's happening now with Desmond.

Like I said the possibilities are endless come 21st December 2012 in AC time. With the Solar flare, the satellite launch and the Assassin Vs. Templar war becoming not so much of a secret.

EDIT: forgot about what was happening in America in AC, if there is anything major happening there it should be interesting, but I believe Abstergo was responsible for the virus in Africa.

Blind2Society
08-20-2011, 12:45 PM
I don't see the war between the templars and assassin as what would change the world but more what you said. A massive increase in gigantic natural disasters would most certaily have a noticable impact on human civilization.

Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
I couldn't see the templars opening up into a massive gunfight in public
They already did when the assassins tried to get Desmond back (if that was even the real reason)

ShaneO7K
08-20-2011, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
I don't see the war between the templars and assassin as what would change the world but more what you said. A massive increase in gigantic natural disasters would most certaily have a noticable impact on human civilization.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
They already did when the assassins tried to get Desmond back (if that was even the real reason) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was that not inside the Abstergo Facility?

Blind2Society
08-20-2011, 12:54 PM
I suppose but I don't know how far inside the facility it would have been. Seems to me it would be quite close to the door. Security isn't usually too far from the entrance.

LightRey
08-20-2011, 12:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
They already did when the assassins tried to get Desmond back (if that was even the real reason) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was that not inside the Abstergo Facility? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, that wasn't in public.
As for the people fearing the 2012 prophecy stuff, I doubt it. They wouldn't do so in our world (or at least over 99% wouldn't), so I doubt they would, unless they actually saw anything coming, which I doubt they would, because the solar flame thing was news to them and Abstergo's actions are hidden from the public.

ShaneO7K
08-20-2011, 12:59 PM
I suppose but I don't know how far inside the facility it would have been. Seems to me it would be quite close to the door. Security isn't usually too far from the entrance.

Yeah that was pretty much why I didn't say in public. The templars as powerful as they are could've just labelled it as a terrorist attack and people would've believed them, that if people knew of the gunfight.

But I don't think they would ever plan a full gunfight in the public for everyone to see, it could stop their plans completly if it was traced back to them.

Blind2Society
08-20-2011, 01:10 PM
That is true I don't think Abstergo would want to but it could work in the favor of the assassin's to try and expose Abstergo/Templars. Just a thought.

Anyway the outside world, can't wait to see it. This is quite possibly the most intriguing part of AC for me.

ShaneO7K
08-20-2011, 01:13 PM
That is true I don't think Abstergo would want to but it could work in the favor of the assassin's to try and expose Abstergo/Templars. Just a thought.

Anyway the outside world, can't wait to see it. This is quite possibly the most intriguing part of AC for me.

Ultimate Assassin Desmond shall be all kinds of epic! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Can't wait to see how his combat gameplay will be like, hopefully not too much like Splinter Cell.

Blind2Society
08-20-2011, 01:15 PM
I see it being very much like Splinter Cell. Unless of course, the people we end up fighting as Desmond are the templars training as assassins (multiplayer)

ShaneO7K
08-20-2011, 01:17 PM
I see it being very much like Splinter Cell. Unless of course, the people we end up fighting as Desmond are the templars training as assassins (multiplayer)

Hopefully it is, if not the multiplayer story of the templar agents would been a huge waste of time.

Until then Splinter Cell gameplay is really the only possible thing to keep it realistic.

CrazyShrapnel
08-20-2011, 01:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:

Yeah that was pretty much why I didn't say in public. The templars as powerful as they are could've just labelled it as a terrorist attack and people would've believed them, that if people knew of the gunfight.

But I don't think they would ever plan a full gunfight in the public for everyone to see, it could stop their plans completly if it was traced back to them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's another AC1 email that has info about some kind of massacre that Abstergo was involved in. Someone either survived or witnessed the aftermath. He went to the media to try and spread his story but was considered insane. Can't remember exactly but one of the guys in the email said something along the lines of "Where is he getting his information from? I thought we killed everyone down there." so Abstergo does know how to cover their tracks.

ShaneO7K
08-20-2011, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by CrazyShrapnel:

But I don't think they would ever plan a full gunfight in the public for everyone to see, it could stop their plans completly if it was traced back to them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's another AC1 email that has info about some kind of massacre that Abstergo was involved in. Someone either survived or witnessed the aftermath. He went to the media to try and spread his story but was considered insane. Can't remember exactly but one of the guys in the email said something along the lines of "Where is he getting his information from? I thought we killed everyone down there." so Abstergo does know how to cover their tracks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah the Denver Airport incident, I think it was the apple that killed everyone around it down there. The guy in the e-mail pretty much says all that happened. He's probably immune to the apples powers.

Blind2Society
08-20-2011, 01:34 PM
I was under the impression that said person was Shaun Hastings but I could be wrong.

ShaneO7K
08-20-2011, 01:36 PM
I was under the impression that said person was Shaun Hastings but I could be wrong.

Yeah I thought it could be him, but I don't know why we were never told he actually did tell someone or did Abstergo get to the guy.

Blind2Society
08-20-2011, 01:41 PM
I'll have to go back and play that bit again when you first meet shaun and you can ask everyone questions before entering the animus. If I remember correctly, I believe he said something then that made me think it was him.

ShaneO7K
08-20-2011, 01:45 PM
I'll have to go back and play that bit again when you first meet shaun and you can ask everyone questions before entering the animus. If I remember correctly, I believe he said something then that made me think it was him.

I think it was something along the lines of him knowing too much about Abstergo and then the assassin's took him in.

Blind2Society
08-20-2011, 01:46 PM
I was thinking the assassins saved him just in time. Maybe I just made that connection myself. I'll have to go back and play. Luckily that was towards the beginning of the game.

itsamea-mario
08-20-2011, 01:56 PM
I don't think that was Shaun, I'm sure he was picked up when he was about 15.

LightRey
08-20-2011, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
I don't think that was Shaun, I'm sure he was picked up when he was about 15.
You're right. In one of the conversations Desmond has with him in AC2, he talks about how he joined the Assassin's by discovering stuff about Abstergo when he was a teenager and trying to release that information to the public. He also says that he was eventually rescued by Rebecca before he got killed by the Templars.

Blind2Society
08-20-2011, 06:44 PM
That's exactally why I think it was him. I'm not saying you're wrong but I don't recall the teenager bit. What was the timeline they gave on the massacre thing?

Calvarok
08-20-2011, 06:48 PM
That's exactally why I think it was him. I'm not saying you're wrong but I don't recall the teenager bit. What was the timeline they gave on the massacre thing?
Shaun was actually rescued by the Rebecca in 2010.

LightRey
08-20-2011, 06:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkg3O0Ywc4s
The interesting stuff should be somewhere around 2:00.

Blind2Society
08-20-2011, 06:58 PM
Yup that's the conversation that made me think he was the one they were talking about in the Abstergo email.

LightRey
08-20-2011, 07:02 PM
Yup that's the conversation that made me think he was the one they were talking about in the Abstergo email.
it's also the one where he says he was 14/15 when he started tracking the Templars. Also, He doesn't sound like someone who only became part of the Assassin order days before the conversation.

Blind2Society
08-20-2011, 07:26 PM
So then said massacre, spoken of in AC1, took place days before that conversation? (this is a legit question, I don't know when this massacre was said to have happened).

Also just because someone was present at the site of this doesn't mean they weren't there on purpose. Perhaps tracking Abstergo. Then escaped the masacre and tried to tell the media (that is controlled by Abstergo) then Abstergo hunts for him, sending corespondance (which we get to read) and Rebecca saves him.

LightRey
08-20-2011, 07:29 PM
So then said massacre, spoken of in AC1, took place days before that conversation? (this is a legit question, I don't know when this massacre was said to have happened). Also just because someone was present at the site of this doesn't mean they weren't there on purpose. Perhaps tracking Abstergo...
No, but sending that email did. I doubt the Assassin's would allow Shaun to send an email like that to Vidic.

Blind2Society
08-20-2011, 07:40 PM
I wasn't aware the email came from the one who survived the massacre. Aparently I need to reply the games.

Calvarok
08-20-2011, 07:43 PM
I don't think the email came from people related to that. I think the email came from someone who survived the Denver event. Unless that's what you're talking about...

LightRey
08-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
I don't think the email came from people related to that. I think the email came from someone who survived the Denver event. Unless that's what you're talking about...
I'm quite sure that is what he's talking about and the email is about that event. In another email conversation in Vidic's mail Vidic also says that it's almost certainly a witness of the Denver accident that for some reason didn't get caught.

Blind2Society
08-20-2011, 08:19 PM
This thread has gotten derailed and even a bit confusing I think it's time we get back to what the outside world will be like.

Calvarok
08-20-2011, 10:29 PM
In one second, blind. : P

Shaun was captured by abstergo in 2010 because he was trying to hack into their secure files. Rebecca had warned him that they would come after him, but he just scoffed at her and kept going. Then after his capture, Rebecca broke him out of the van Abstergo was transporting him in.

Enter the password "PFRDVJ5aLLg"
at this webpage to see where I found this info: http://abstergoindustries.com/portal/

Blind2Society
08-21-2011, 11:12 AM
Hey thanks for that, there's a good bit of info on there http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Moultonborough
08-21-2011, 11:25 AM
What i want to see is the Assassin HQ and what country it's in. In Brotherhood Lucy says the four of them are the only Assassin's in Italy so it's not there. So, where could it be? Also how will they escape Italy? When they first get to the hideout she says Abstergo is watching the borders.

ProdiGurl
08-21-2011, 11:36 AM
Since they had Vlad the Impaler coins in ACB, maybe they should go Twilight and cull some sinister Vampires lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif