PDA

View Full Version : Scary

Mercanario
08-15-2010, 06:03 AM
Ive just seen a BBC documentary about this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2-grQUGF1M

theres been a lot of debate about the conduct of English coppers recentley, but there arent many lines of work where you have to deal with this kind of thing...

2 days later one of the women was released and killed a man. I feel for both the police, the dead guy and the poor, sick women themselves.

LW_lcarp
08-15-2010, 07:03 AM
Why the one was let out after such a short time period is what gets me. After a bizarre outburst like that on a major highway you would of thought they would of gotten a nice cozy padded room to sleep in for a couple weeks.

Bo_Nidle
08-16-2010, 01:13 PM
This happened on my force area and several members of my shift had the unfortunate task of having to guard the violent one in hospital. She was released by mental health authorities following the incident on the M6. (Nothing unusual about that. I have taken people in who were quite literally "barking" under the mental health act only to see them walk out as the Doctors declared them sane. The last one was a woman walking in the middle of the road at night with her eyes closed and one hand outstretched. Apparently she was perfectly normal! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif)

She then befriended a man in the Stoke-on-Trent area and then stabbed him to death. She then tried to kill herself by throwing herself off a bridge into the carriageway on the A50. She survived (why are all scumbags made of rubber?) and was kept in hospital under Police guard.

I managed to avoid guarding her, but every officer that did, without exception, described her as a cold, calculating ***** who would complain that her human rights were being infringed at every opportunity. It really was the "sh!t detail" if you got given that duty.

She managed to blag a mental health defence and will walk in about 18 months.

British justice in action! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Airmail109
08-16-2010, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Bo_Nidle:
This happened on my force area and several members of my shift had the unfortunate task of having to guard the violent one in hospital. She was released by mental health authorities following the incident on the M6. (Nothing unusual about that. I have taken people in who were quite literally "barking" under the mental health act only to see them walk out as the Doctors declared them sane. The last one was a woman walking in the middle of the road at night with her eyes closed and one hand outstretched. Apparently she was perfectly normal! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif)

She then befriended a man in the Stoke-on-Trent area and then stabbed him to death. She then tried to kill herself by throwing herself off a bridge into the carriageway on the A50. She survived (why are all scumbags made of rubber?) and was kept in hospital under Police guard.

I managed to avoid guarding her, but every officer that did, without exception, described her as a cold, calculating ***** who would complain that her human rights were being infringed at every opportunity. It really was the "sh!t detail" if you got given that duty.

She managed to blag a mental health defence and will walk in about 18 months.

British justice in action! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

She might have been declared sane if she was found to have a sleeping disorder.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleepwalking

Airmail109
08-16-2010, 02:13 PM
I'm not even entirely sure it's the Health Services fault. Psychiatrists are busy and in a hospital setting they are usually required to assess someone to section them. Even then the police would have had to have pushed for that.

" Eriksson then regains consciousness, runs across the carriageway and punches a female police officer as she tries to stop her and then runs off. She is arrested and taken to the Northern Area Custody facility, at Etruria.

MONDAY, MAY 19 Eriksson is charged with assaulting a police officer and trespassing onto a motorway. She appears before North Staffordshire magistrates at Fenton, is sentenced to one-day custody and released."

Why did the magistrates release her, without ordering a full psychiatric assessment which takes time?

Airmail109
08-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Funnily enough I've met someone exactly like you describe Bo. Perfectly rational, cold and calculating one minute then a switch flips, the rage and irrationality comes out. He also knew he could get away with whatever he wanted as he had been diagnosed with "psychosis" or some such. I'd have described him as a Psychopath personally. I also thought he was spoiled rotten with a very narcissistic personality.

Anyhow he was a class mate, on a field trip he slammed a geology hammer about 1/2cm into a wall right next to my head.

PhantomKira
08-16-2010, 10:24 PM
Sounds ugly Aimail101.

It's not just Britain. I remember a patient I had in the midwest U.S.. Obviously not 100%, and a bit off her rocker. Not as bad as the above, but the medic finally gave her a choice. Go with us, or go with the cops. She chose us, and we had to listen to her ramblings all the way to the hospital. No big deal, right? Except that the overworked doctor took one look at her and said "Send her home." The cops looked at us, we looked at the cops. Then we both picked our jaws up off the floor and did as directed. Sigh...

Mercanario
08-17-2010, 04:29 AM
The thing with this woman is that she`ll be out of prison in a few months, she`s been judged to be sane, and so will recieve no further supervision or monitoring, potentiaaly very bad for the public, and bad for her too. So much for "care in the community."

BillSwagger
08-17-2010, 07:22 AM
I think the law says that you need be a threat to yourself or others in order to be arrested, excluding if your disturbing the peace or blocking a doorway to a business, etc.

I still think of all the calculating *ssholes out there, and how some people even get paid to do it.
I also think everyone has a tipping point. Its just a matter of when and where, and who. They say domestic desturbances can be the most volatile police encounters. People do stranger things out of their own homes, and react very differently than when approached by police on the street.
Its all chaotic in some ways, and yet i try not to be so paranoid about that stuff. And this comes from a civilian who's been shot at twice in his life and had a gun drawn on a third time.
Who knows how many other times, and i say that because the first two times, i didn't see the gunman. I don't live in a bad neighborhood, and i'm a regular middle class american. It just shows that chaotic stuff can happen anywhere and at any time.
Be glad some people have the decency to hoot and haller first before they get close enough to hurt you.

Bill