PDA

View Full Version : Beware of Phishing Emails

citybuilder
10-15-2011, 07:04 AM
Hi,

Just wanted to mention, even if it has been mentioned before somewhere.

Beware phishing emails trying to get your account name and passwords.

I believe that I received one tonight that 'invited' me to join in a Revelations beta, it looks completely authentic, other than the location to supposedly download the beta, does not go to any UBI website URL, instead it goes to a site that looks like UBI is asking you to login and it's not a UBI.com address.

What I believe is that it's collecting usernames and the password that they enter to 'try' to login.

So of course I tried to login but it would fail. Once I finally realized it wasn't a UBI website address, I came back to the real site and changed my password to something a whole lot more secure. Hopefully I won't get my uplay account hacked.

So, beware those phishing emails that look like they are completely legitimate and that show a ubi.com address listed but take you someplace else. Check the url address bar to be at the ubi website before entering any information.

The email sent to me had a subject line of:
New Private Topic by zeausus - "assassins creed revelations beta"

dewgel
10-15-2011, 07:10 AM
I got one linking me to a way of turning Brotherhood into a 3D mod or something.

I don't get why people do this though, what entertainment do they get from it? Most of them don't get money through it..

Sad fools

LightRey
10-15-2011, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by dewgel:
I got one linking me to a way of turning Brotherhood into a 3D mod or something.

I don't get why people do this though, what entertainment do they get from it? Most of them don't get money through it..

Sad fools
People often reuse their passwords, so they can more easily hack more important things like email accounts, which can lead them to bank accounts, etc.