PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to select the A20 in a Russian campaign?

BigClaw
01-21-2005, 07:33 AM
I've got PF, but find the Pacific theatre bores me (apart from the wonderful Beaufighter) - I'm still hooked on the Russian Front - but can I use the new planes that PF adds in a Russian Campaign game? eg, the Russians used loads of A20's - can I select that for a campaign?

BigClaw
01-21-2005, 07:33 AM
I've got PF, but find the Pacific theatre bores me (apart from the wonderful Beaufighter) - I'm still hooked on the Russian Front - but can I use the new planes that PF adds in a Russian Campaign game? eg, the Russians used loads of A20's - can I select that for a campaign?

gprr
01-21-2005, 08:33 AM
Hi BigClaw

Yes,go to DGen folder and find file named planesRuS.dat and add the plane code:A_20G under the wanted fighting arena,save.
Go in game to the pilot career and select sturmovik campaign,open up the plane menue of the right time and place where you inserted the plane code,pick up the A20 start the campaign.
Not all planes are supported that way-Axis won't fit to Alied and some carrier planes won't fit VVS campaigns but you can also fly the Seafire under Russian flag.
If you have BoE you can play more with history.

Cheers
gprr

Zeus-cat
01-21-2005, 08:59 AM
The A20 is already in the campaigns. Start a new Sturmovik campaign (Center or South) and select the A20 as your plane before starting the campaign. They show up as an option around 1943 I believe.

Zeus-cat

GregSM
01-21-2005, 09:42 AM
Hi Zeus Cat,

"The A20 is already in the campaigns. Start a new Sturmovik campaign (Center or South) and select the A20 as your plane before starting the campaign. They show up as an option around 1943 I believe."

Just so you know, the A20 isn't available for the player to fly in stock eastern DGen campaigns, and nor are there discreet south and central campaigns for attack aircraft. The reason you find both as options is because you've downloaded a custom revision to the eastern campaigns. I know this because I made it!

For anyone interested, I'm nearing completion of the Finish campaigns, which I'm making to a little better standard. When Finland is done, I will update the south and central campaigns to meet the new standard, and then provide both together for download. It will take me a few weeks or so to finish.

Please see this thread:

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=127;t=000253#000000

Cheers,

Greg

Zeus-cat
01-21-2005, 11:30 AM
GregSM,

Thanks for correcting me on that.

Zeus-cat

Zeus-cat
01-21-2005, 11:33 AM
GregSM,

Nice job on the airfields and added details. Adds a lot to the immersion.

Zeus-cat