PDA

View Full Version : sugestion about engine start

XyZspineZyX
07-29-2003, 04:26 PM
Hi all,

I understand that it will be very difficult to model because every plane have a different engine start procedure

but it could be nice if we can actually do the whole sequence ourself

I mean to have the option to swich on or off the mags,prime switch fuel pump, fuel selector...
we already have mix, prop rpm, throttle so, why not?

that would add some more realism

:-)

regards

XyZspineZyX
07-29-2003, 04:26 PM
Hi all,

I understand that it will be very difficult to model because every plane have a different engine start procedure

but it could be nice if we can actually do the whole sequence ourself

I mean to have the option to swich on or off the mags,prime switch fuel pump, fuel selector...
we already have mix, prop rpm, throttle so, why not?

that would add some more realism

:-)

regards

XyZspineZyX
07-30-2003, 03:38 AM
Dont forget you have the option to enable both magnetos. All your missing is a fuel selector switch a battery cart with ground crew and some guy to turn the crank on some models. And maybe a couple more guys to pull the chocks away from the wheels, abox to step up on the wing, and someone to help you get strapped in lol. I'm just messing with ya lol.

...and once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,
for there you have been and there you long to return.
~leonardo de vinci

XyZspineZyX
07-30-2003, 03:42 AM
If it is realistic give it to us oleg

"Never forget the past so we dont make the same mistakes in the future"

XyZspineZyX
07-30-2003, 03:42 AM
Actually that was something I really liked about CFS2. It would be nice to see it in FB if it were possible.

It's only funny til someone loses an eye....then it's hilarious

http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/nightschpanker/usp266.jpg

XyZspineZyX
07-30-2003, 03:46 AM
one of the things cfs did right, was all those engine control settings and stuff like that

"Never forget the past so we dont make the same mistakes in the future"

XyZspineZyX
07-30-2003, 09:50 AM
Don't forget, in winter, getting out and building a fire under the engine and waiting 4 hours for it to thaw out :-D

XyZspineZyX
07-30-2003, 11:47 AM
Aztek_Eagle wrote:
- one of the things cfs did right, was all those
- engine control settings and stuff like that

I dont mean to be rude, but actually, CFS did NOT do it right. A real checklist for starting a WW2 Warbird is around two or three pages. Way more than just "switch main battery power on, set magnetos, set fuel, hit ignition".

Of course, for us users it *feels* better than just hitting I for Ignition...but really, it is not at all any more realistic.

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 02:40 AM
Hey, stop the flogging, this horse is already dead.

Oleg has said this will not happen as all the planes would need different procedures, which would require a large amount of work, and people would use it once then use the autostart afterwards.

Philips CDRW

Posting vacuous messages since 2002