PDA

View Full Version : Now that I am up

trap46
11-05-2004, 12:45 PM
Thanks to a whole bunch of simmers. I am now up in the air and able to land.
I look at that little pinhead of land and watch it slowly disappear. I am lost, with no place to go. The other a/c have left me far behind.
How do I find the target? How do I get back?
It looks like VOR in some of the a/c, is it used to get back?
I thought of the radio as a direction finder, but how do they know where I am at?
I looked at the map, it seems to have a black line, do you follow that?
I have only a life vest, no water/food. Which way do I start swimming?

trap46
11-05-2004, 12:45 PM
Thanks to a whole bunch of simmers. I am now up in the air and able to land.
I look at that little pinhead of land and watch it slowly disappear. I am lost, with no place to go. The other a/c have left me far behind.
How do I find the target? How do I get back?
It looks like VOR in some of the a/c, is it used to get back?
I thought of the radio as a direction finder, but how do they know where I am at?
I looked at the map, it seems to have a black line, do you follow that?
I have only a life vest, no water/food. Which way do I start swimming?

Kompan
11-05-2004, 03:53 PM
You can get to where you want to go in many ways.
-autopilot
-Use the heading indicator.
-Call up on the radio and they will give you a heading. Granted how would they know where you are if you don't.
-Look at the map. If you have your icons turned on, you can follow them.

Best thing is don't go running off chasing bandits if your flight is not willing to follow you.http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

trap46
11-05-2004, 04:26 PM
Is that a pby I see there?

Tully__
11-05-2004, 07:37 PM
trap, if you right click on the map while in mission, it will zoom out in steps, one step per click. When it gets to maximum zoom out, it will start zooming back in one step per right click. If you have the "No Minimap Path" difficulty option switched off, your own position (a white aircraft emblem) and your course will be displayed on the map. If you also have "No Map Icons" switched off, you will have a line connecting your plane to your next waypoint and all units' locations will show on the map.

trap46
11-06-2004, 12:13 AM
If we want Pacific Fighters to be a sucess, then we need to address such problems about how to set up the map, what a weapons pack is and how to get the trigger on the joystck to fire the guns and not button 13 on the throttle.
Put up a sticky on how to get going.
Thanxs Tully for the information. But you see, if they had a tutorial on the board it would tell you where the "No Minimap Path" and No Map Icons were located.
There musy be at least 160 things that you can program and I have not included things that can be changed in the conf.ini...
Some of us are over come with things that should be programed.... CFS3 might have been a dog in the beginning, but it was easy to program all of the controllers.
Make a tutorial.... There is nothing out there that is for Pacific Fighters, A lot of stuff for IL2 and FB...... I was at the CH Hanger, downloaded a "Pacific Fighters.zip file for the controllers. After loading it and looking at the CMS file I found out it was for IL2 that was just retitled Pacific Fighters.

Tully__
11-06-2004, 01:27 AM
No Minimap Path and No Map Icons are on page 2 of the difficulty settings when you click the difficulty button before starting a single mission, campaign or multiplayer server.

Apart from the new controls (toggle canopy, toggle arrestor hook, raise seat, toggle chocks etc) an IL2 joystick profile will be identical to a PF profile. The original controls are all unchanged.

Much of this information is covered in the Community FAQ thread/link sticky posted in General Discussion and Community Help forums.

trap46
11-06-2004, 07:50 AM
thanx tully..