PDA

View Full Version : Got Track?

Freelancer-1
12-12-2005, 12:33 AM
I keep seeing the now standard "got track" popping up all the time and it got me to wondering.

Do lag cheats show up in tracks? And does it make a difference if it's an .ntrk or a .trk file?

I would like to start recording missions in the online war I play and was curious if what I see is what's recorded. Is a track of a lag incident considered reliable?

AKA_TAGERT
12-12-2005, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Freelancer-1:
I keep seeing the now standard "got track" popping up all the time and it got me to wondering.

Do lag cheats show up in tracks? And does it make a difference if it's an .ntrk or a .trk file?

I would like to start recording missions in the online war I play and was curious if what I see is what's recorded. Is a track of a lag incident considered reliable? Actully it is..

Got Track ? "

And the answer is no.. neither file will allow *us* to detect a cheat.. unless you consider a *visual* of what was going on as some sort of proof. The only values aval to us from a *.ntrk file are from your plane.. not others. Now with that said, there is data in a *.ntrk file that we dont have aval to us, but is aval to Oleg! So, if you found something that looks like a cheat.. You could send it to Oleg in the hopes that he could come up with a method to defeat the cheat.

So unless the cheater himself makes a *.ntrk file.. we dont gain much from a track file.. except that we caught it on film.. aka track file.