PDA

View Full Version : A couple potential bugs?

Gunner_361st
11-07-2004, 07:42 PM
I have made two observations lately, they could be bugs but I am not sure.

First is the airspeed indicator used on D3A1 and Zero. Check this link.

<a href="http://www.photodump.com/viewer/Mad Gunner/JAI-Quirk.html">JAI-Quirk.jpg</a>

It matches the speedbar system so that the gauge measures in km/h. Yet it only goes to 300 on the gauge! Most Japanese planes are capable of exceeding 300 km/h quite obviously. Is the gauge supposed to be measuring in knots, which would make a 300 as highest rating seem more logical?

My second observation is flying the D3A1 that Aeliron control is lost very easily and over most other types of damage. I have gotten hit by flak and fighters and only lost aeliron control immediately, no other real damage. A bug maybe, like the FW-190 Gunsight always being destroyed when hit?

Just curious. Anyone have the bug report email? I think I might still have it.. But not sure..

Gunner_361st
11-07-2004, 07:42 PM
I have made two observations lately, they could be bugs but I am not sure.

First is the airspeed indicator used on D3A1 and Zero. Check this link.

&lt;a href="http://www.photodump.com/viewer/Mad Gunner/JAI-Quirk.html"&gt;JAI-Quirk.jpg&lt;/a&gt;

It matches the speedbar system so that the gauge measures in km/h. Yet it only goes to 300 on the gauge! Most Japanese planes are capable of exceeding 300 km/h quite obviously. Is the gauge supposed to be measuring in knots, which would make a 300 as highest rating seem more logical?

My second observation is flying the D3A1 that Aeliron control is lost very easily and over most other types of damage. I have gotten hit by flak and fighters and only lost aeliron control immediately, no other real damage. A bug maybe, like the FW-190 Gunsight always being destroyed when hit?

Just curious. Anyone have the bug report email? I think I might still have it.. But not sure..

Tully__
11-07-2004, 08:07 PM
The Zero airspeed indicator has been reported since the zero first appeared in AEP. If it's going to be fixed it will be already on the list.

Tater-SW-
11-07-2004, 11:51 PM
Aileron control damage is also the most common damage I get on the F4F-4. Interesting. Seems like it should be harder to knock that out.

tater

A.K.Davis
11-08-2004, 12:40 AM
Japanese naval aviation used knots, not km/hr