PDA

View Full Version : Joystick not working in multiplayer

heronymus1977
10-12-2005, 01:38 PM
My saitek x45 is working fine in single player but the moment I connect to multiplayer games or host my own private server it does not work at all. I can control the plane with keyboard so it's not like all controls froze.

Looking at windows control panel, the moment the game goes into mp mode (even before the map is loaded or a game created) the joystick does not work - it's still detected as OK by windows but no inputs are registered. Moment I quit mp mode and go back to main menu it works again.

I'm not using any sst software, just connecting as if it was a plain joystick.

Thanks in advance for help.

heronymus1977
10-12-2005, 01:38 PM
My saitek x45 is working fine in single player but the moment I connect to multiplayer games or host my own private server it does not work at all. I can control the plane with keyboard so it's not like all controls froze.

Looking at windows control panel, the moment the game goes into mp mode (even before the map is loaded or a game created) the joystick does not work - it's still detected as OK by windows but no inputs are registered. Moment I quit mp mode and go back to main menu it works again.

I'm not using any sst software, just connecting as if it was a plain joystick.

Thanks in advance for help.

Tully__
10-12-2005, 05:43 PM
This is a new one on me... try posting your dxdiag report in the Community Help forum, this sounds like it may be a conflict between your USB port and your modem/network card. The computer config gurus in Community Help should be able to trace the actual cause if you can be patient with the diagnostic process.

heronymus1977
10-13-2005, 04:38 AM
Definitely some sort of conflict, had another joystick that worked - I wiped every driver I could find, reinstalled, rewiped, reinstalled and then suddenly worked it :-)