PDA

View Full Version : Bring back jungle dwellers...

GroundFeeder
10-26-2010, 04:46 AM
Evidencing the lush jungles from the screenshots, I think it's high time to reintroduce some plainer creatures from Heroes 3.

Heroes 4 and 5 were really deplete in any realistic dwellers... Plenty of colour and novelty creature, but giant blue faced lion things??? come on! Rather than war the whole HOMM 4 & 5 experience was more like being part of a cross between a freak show and a masquerade festival.

Where are the Gnolls, Lizardmen, Troglodytes, Centaurs - all the level 1 dirt and low down down creatures that made HOMM 3 come alive like a real world. Creatures we all can identify with.

Personally I have seen enough variations of Archangels and Devils throughout HOMM 1,2,3,4 & 5 if you get my drift. If you want to create an interesting world there would be per ratio more level 1 creatures than any other level.

Please please please.... Bring back the Gnoll, Lizardmen, Troglodyte & Centaur. Fill Heroes 6 with some of the realism that Heroes 3 had. These creatures need a place, a mercenary camp for reqruitment, a hut or cave to dwell in. The neutral, ready to either fight you or join your army.

Dark-Whisperer
10-26-2010, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by GroundFeeder:
Please please please.... Bring back the Gnoll, Lizardmen, Troglodyte & Centaur. Fill Heroes 6 with some of the realism that Heroes 3 had.

What is so real about those creatures? And there were Centaurs in Heroes V.

EBugle
10-26-2010, 10:25 AM
I'm pretty sure you'rein the minority here when it comes to what people identify with.

People identify more with the big and bad. the dragons, the phoenixes, the hydras. Th little are only identifiable if they're really popular/common, like goblins, gremlins, centaurs. Of the 4 creatures you mentioned, I doubt very many identified with any of them beside's the centaur.

Also, why pick on angels and devils, monsters that have only existed since III? Dragons, phoenixes, hydras, cyclopes, titans, these have all been around longer, and are a bit more iconic in Heroes lore.

And I'm sorry, but I don't find any of these very "realistic" as ou seem to. But then, HoMM has always been a very realism light game. And not just because it's fantasy. The only times it's really come close is with Heroes Chronicles, where the attention to the story is exquisite, and Tarnum really comes alive.