PDA

View Full Version : dumb question

fi-bluedragon
11-21-2004, 07:01 PM
I am having real problems getting the frame rate meter to come up in the game. I can't seem to get into the command line even though I am typing the ~ key and then >. What am I doing wrong?

fi-bluedragon
11-21-2004, 07:01 PM
I am having real problems getting the frame rate meter to come up in the game. I can't seem to get into the command line even though I am typing the ~ key and then >. What am I doing wrong?

walsh2509
11-21-2004, 07:04 PM
~ key?

in the game I use the SHIFT+TAB key (the one above the Caps Lock)

Then type .. fps START SHOW

Then Enter

Then SHIFT+TAB to get rid of the script!

fi-bluedragon
11-21-2004, 07:09 PM
According to the manual you have to type the ~ then > but I could never remember doing that in the past, and shift tab does ring a bell. Thanks, I'll try it.

VW-IceFire
11-21-2004, 08:21 PM
SHIFT-TAB

then type:

fps START SHOW

when you're done:

fps END SHOW

RocketDog
11-22-2004, 01:37 AM
Or you can just use the excellent little FRAPS utility, www.fraps.com (http://www.fraps.com)

Much better (can log FPS to file, etc.) and it takes screenshots that aren't in tga format.

Regards,

RocketDog.

Tully__
11-22-2004, 03:38 AM
The ~ / > combination is only available in multiplayer, it allows you to enter console commands via chat without opening the actual console.

IceFire, the stop command is "fps STOP HIDE"

FoolTrottel
11-22-2004, 07:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tully__:

IceFire, the stop command is "fps STOP HIDE" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tully, the stop command is "fps STOP SHOW"
(Guess there are more commands that have the same effect ;-) Could be a sport to see who can find the most?

Tully__
11-22-2004, 08:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FoolTrottel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tully__:

IceFire, the stop command is "fps STOP HIDE" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tully, the stop command is "fps STOP SHOW"
(Guess there are more commands that have the same effect ;-) Could be a sport to see who can find the most? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was oversimplifying.

"fps SHOW" will display the numbers.
"fps HIDE" will hide the numbers.
"fps START" will start the counter.
"fps STOP" will stop the counter.

You can start the counter without displaying the numbers, then use the SHOW parameter at the end of the mission to check your average. You can also have the counter showing without it actually counting framerate.

VF51_Flatspin
11-22-2004, 09:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FoolTrottel:
Could be a sport to see who can find the most? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm...wonder if fps FAST FLOW will do anything for my venerable vid card. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

AStotzer
11-22-2004, 09:14 AM
This is NOT a dumb question!

Myself, and I'm sure many others besides you have read this in the manual, but nothing about the Shift-Tab.

OneTinSoldier77
11-22-2004, 12:22 PM
Hi,

I agree, this is not a dumb question. As somewhat of a newbie to this game I too have been wondering the same thing.

You read in the manual and it tells you to use the '~'(tilde) key, then the '&gt;' key, then enter the command. Nowhere does it say that you must be playing online multiplayer for this method to work, nor do I see it mentioning 'Shift + Tab' as a way to bring up the console for offline single player mode. I guess it's obvious now that this little section of the manual assumes that you are playing online multiplayer.

As far as I can tell using the tilde key does nothing in offline single player.

One Tin Soldier

Mjollnir111675
11-22-2004, 04:32 PM
It is totally perfect that someone brought something to the table that many would reply to :RTFM

Well where exactly in the manual does it state ANYTHING bout shift+tab?

Page# and para please!!!

'Till then: Simma da na!!!!