PDA

View Full Version : (FMB Wants List) Some things that would make the FMB Even Better!!!!

XyZspineZyX
11-14-2003, 04:18 AM
Hey Guys, ive asked this before but it's more relevent now than ever with the expansion pack on the horizon.

There are a number of things I really would like to see done with the FMB wich I feel would enhance it and thus enhance the game.

Could we please have:

1.) The Ability to place multiple instances of the same object in a row. You know the sort of thing where you say place a block of concrete and press a button and move the mouse and it places more instances of the object in a perfect line. Damn but this would be handy and save a lot of time.

2.) Bigger and more Varied blocks of cement, specialy for doing harbours. It's so tedious placing them one at a time if you cant allow my first suggestion, maybe give us some objects of bigger longer size.

3.) Cranes and other Wharf objects would be excellent for creating realistic ports and harbours and industrial complexes.

4.) Iron X's like those on the beaches of normandy and elsewhere as well as spools of barbed/razor wire would add much to the atmosphere of a fortifies beach.

5.) Carriers, even if only a generic carrier object, naturally a carrier is no good if u cant spawn from it or land on it. This creates a number of issues. A carrier that functioned like a airfield would need some kind of spawn que to prevent eager pilots spawning on top of each other, that or disable freindly collisions while on the carrier. But Geez this would enhance the game specily for the Pacific.

6.) Landing Craft, those little boats you carry troops to shore with.

7.) Oh also I think the water for the pacific map isnt blue enough by far. Could be my machine but it doesnt seem the Pacific Water is anywhere near the right colour.

8.) The Ability to Assign National markings to stationary Aircraft.

9.) Neutral Objects (like ships) Shoot at No One. Rather than everyone as they do now.

10.) The Ability to dissable AAA on Selected Ships.

Thanks and congrats on a amazingly good game.

Cheers

WTE Tigger

http://www.users.bigpond.com/lsf_anvil/images/Tigs75.gif

Message Edited on 11/14/0301:21PM by WTE_Tigger

XyZspineZyX
11-14-2003, 04:18 AM
Hey Guys, ive asked this before but it's more relevent now than ever with the expansion pack on the horizon.

There are a number of things I really would like to see done with the FMB wich I feel would enhance it and thus enhance the game.

Could we please have:

1.) The Ability to place multiple instances of the same object in a row. You know the sort of thing where you say place a block of concrete and press a button and move the mouse and it places more instances of the object in a perfect line. Damn but this would be handy and save a lot of time.

2.) Bigger and more Varied blocks of cement, specialy for doing harbours. It's so tedious placing them one at a time if you cant allow my first suggestion, maybe give us some objects of bigger longer size.

3.) Cranes and other Wharf objects would be excellent for creating realistic ports and harbours and industrial complexes.

4.) Iron X's like those on the beaches of normandy and elsewhere as well as spools of barbed/razor wire would add much to the atmosphere of a fortifies beach.

5.) Carriers, even if only a generic carrier object, naturally a carrier is no good if u cant spawn from it or land on it. This creates a number of issues. A carrier that functioned like a airfield would need some kind of spawn que to prevent eager pilots spawning on top of each other, that or disable freindly collisions while on the carrier. But Geez this would enhance the game specily for the Pacific.

6.) Landing Craft, those little boats you carry troops to shore with.

7.) Oh also I think the water for the pacific map isnt blue enough by far. Could be my machine but it doesnt seem the Pacific Water is anywhere near the right colour.

8.) The Ability to Assign National markings to stationary Aircraft.

9.) Neutral Objects (like ships) Shoot at No One. Rather than everyone as they do now.

10.) The Ability to dissable AAA on Selected Ships.

Thanks and congrats on a amazingly good game.

Cheers

WTE Tigger

Message Edited on 11/14/0301:21PM by WTE_Tigger

XyZspineZyX
11-14-2003, 04:38 AM
The ability to set national markings on static planes was added in 1.2RC. Other than that I agree but there are a few more things I would like to see in addition to those you mentioned.

1) A copy and paste command that allows for selecting multiple objects (so I could copy and paste a row of artillery for example).

2) A syncronize command to make large formations of aircraft/vehicles/ships much easier to create and more reliable.

3) Functional MG bunkers and nests.

That pretty much covers it for me.

<center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I/JG1 Oesau (http://jg1-oesau.org) is recruiting. Join us!

Stab.I/JG1Death at HL, Maj_Death at Ubi.com

At the start of WW2 the German army lacked experienced anti-aircraft gunners. The average gunner was so bad that the USSR decided to help them out. They did it by forcing some of their pilots to fly I-153 flak magnets. These planes were slow but very sturdy. This allowed German anti-aircraft gunners to get a large amount of target practice on a relatively small number of planes. Thanks to the Soviets help, by the end of the war the German anti-aircraft gunners were amoung the best in the world.</center>

XyZspineZyX
11-14-2003, 05:07 AM
Maj_Death wrote:
- The ability to set national markings on static
- planes was added in 1.2RC. Other than that I agree
- but there are a few more things I would like to see
- in addition to those you mentioned.

Really? I couldn't get that to work. How does one do it? http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/temp_sig.jpg
"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." - Winston Churchill

XyZspineZyX
11-14-2003, 06:22 AM
If there is a possibility to make any changes to the FMB, these would be at the top of my list of wishes:

1. For objects from the Stationary Objects menu that are neither Red, or Blue, such as train cars, sirens, ect. Would it be possible to make it so that the properties (red or blue) of last object of that kind placed on the map be the default property? This would make it so much easier to build trains (or place them as targets inside of buildings) without having to go back and change the color for German trains.

2. For airfields in a DF map, would it be possible to make them retain the properties and aircraft of the previous airfield you placed?

These two things alone, would really cut down on the time required to build a map. Although I really like the idea of being able to "cut and paste" a large groupe of objects from one place to another on a map, I can see where that may be fairly technically challenging to accomplish.

3. And my last request would be to ask if it were possible to allow us to assign a color property to the items in the Objects list?

XyZspineZyX
11-14-2003, 12:36 PM
Good ideas so far,

I vote for a complete list (html-based) of the objects available in FMB.

And yes, Il-2 already keeps the latest chosen direction info with staionary aircraft, so why not with all objects, ever tried to encircle your airfield with a fence?
(against spectators with too good a lawyer)

Maybe you could tell Il-2 to also keep the army loyalty of objects so you don't have to redesignate 40 barrage ballons on an axis airfield from red to blue?

Thanx,

muffinstomp

XyZspineZyX
11-14-2003, 12:59 PM
Muffin, i fully agree to your "army loyality issue"! This gets tiring when placing multiple objects of the same class..

XyZspineZyX
11-15-2003, 03:39 AM
Yep, I agree with everything mentioned, the FMB is a wonderous tool but it could use a little polish to take some of the rough edges off.

All good suggestions lets hope the Dev team can find the time to actually expand the FMB a bit.

S!

WTE Tigger

XyZspineZyX
11-15-2003, 06:18 AM
Most of these requests can easily be achieved by editing the .mis file in Notepad. Changing the object side for a bunch of objects is very easy. Placing multiple instances of the same object in a row can be done via one of two ways. Either by copy and pasting the same object in the same place, then dragging it to where you want it. Or become familiar with the .mis file coordinate system, work out how big the object is, and then just add say 5 metres in position between your copy and pasted objects.

Although most of these are good ideas Oleg has repeatedly stated that they will not be entertaining any major new FMB features. I was surprised as anything to see the new national marking option in 1.2RC.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/djgwen/fb/worker_parasite.jpg

Need help with NewView? Read this thread. (http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=us_il2sturmovik_gd&id=yzbcj)

XyZspineZyX
11-15-2003, 01:08 PM
Well if thats the case it's a real shame, as clearly the FMB hasn't reached it's full potential.

Editing in notpad or third party programs is one thing but such features would best belong in the FMB itself.

S!

WTE Tigger

XyZspineZyX
11-15-2003, 01:52 PM
They are all good suggestions guys, but I get the feeling FB is comming to the end of its life.

After all work on BoB has already started, and I have heard it said before that 1C does not have unlimited resources.

Cheers

XyZspineZyX
11-15-2003, 03:03 PM
Yep. I am prepared to go it alone in my FMB without Oleg (*bah*). We don't need him anyway. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif I have big plans for FMB, writing a program to access the eventlog file and creating all day "campaigns" and then chaining them together over "weeks" or longer. And in a few years I'll have the CPU to run several hundred aircraft over the 200km frontline FB maps like Kursk battle (and as many tanks and AA too), far beyond what you see from the cockpit. Anyway, no humanoid FMB whiner can create such a mission by hand, at least not with FMB today, without getting sad and Depress.

By then ya'll will be dogfighting BoB with 7 or 8 Spits and 109s over 40km dogfight maps (some things never change).

Before Oleg abandons us, he could do a few things like give us re~arm and refuel after landing. Maybe as a parting gift. Maybe not. No matter, Oleg was cool enough to make the missions dependent on a text file, and that is all we need, if we have a good compiler. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-15-2003, 03:31 PM
perhaps he could open up fmb
open source like /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

whineingu /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-15-2003, 06:12 PM
I was thinking of him making changes in the pay addon. That is not an unreasonable request.

<center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I/JG1 Oesau (http://jg1-oesau.org) is recruiting. Join us!

Stab.I/JG1Death at HL, Maj_Death at Ubi.com

At the start of WW2 the German army lacked experienced anti-aircraft gunners. The average gunner was so bad that the USSR decided to help them out. They did it by forcing some of their pilots to fly I-153 flak magnets. These planes were slow but very sturdy. This allowed German anti-aircraft gunners to get a large amount of target practice on a relatively small number of planes. Thanks to the Soviets help, by the end of the war the German anti-aircraft gunners were amoung the best in the world.</center>

XyZspineZyX
11-15-2003, 09:20 PM
Some of the suggestions made are pretty minor in what would be needed, i guess also this is more than likley going to mean we will never see carriers in FB cuase if they are not working on adding anything to the FMB that rules them out.

Really whats the Pacific without Carriers? But I guess were only getting a taste of the pacific and western fronts anyway.

But thats another issue, who knows after the BoB game we could see somthing done but thats a very very long way away.

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

WTE Tigger

XyZspineZyX
11-20-2003, 11:55 AM
Polite *bump* for some fine correction suggestions. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-24-2003, 03:11 PM
*punch*

XyZspineZyX
11-24-2003, 05:19 PM
Triggering events:For example, you head for a ship in your torpedo bomber, and the ship should make an evasive maneuver, not steaming ahead in spite of the danger.

Some things are worth fighting for...
And most of them wear mini skirts.
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-25-2003, 12:58 AM
Triggers! Just four or five basic ones would add so much to user created missions!

XyZspineZyX
11-26-2003, 12:29 AM
Good evening,
just been reading this...
if FB is getting to the end of it's life all the more reason to add changes to the FMB so people can carry on posting missions-what with all the lovely new aircraft which have come/are going to come out...
how about:
1.the ability to make convoys of the same vehicle and not just the predetermined ones.

2.Choosing the skin on static aircraft and not just their nationality.

3.Ai aircraft landing and NOT disapearing in single play.(i HATE that one.It surprised me that Seņor Oleg let that one slip through.)

I'm not putting an object list-we all have our favorites-because theres probably just not time to design them.But it would be nice to see more thingies for us poor mission builders(even if we're the only ones who get to fly our creationes!!!)But,thanks everyone for all the effort,i REALLY appreciate the addons whatever they may be.

XyZspineZyX
11-26-2003, 12:31 AM
Forgot one!!

Neutral ships-read that as ones that DON'T shoot!!