PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question about BoB



Adam906
03-19-2006, 09:40 PM
Everyone seems to write about this new 1C BoB game but I've tried looking for write ups about it or the full story so to speak but can't find anything.

Is it the BoB II I see on the shelf. If so I bought this and, IMO wasted the $90 because all it does is crash my computer or at best stutter the screen shots.

Can someone please explain - without the sarcasm preferably.

thanks

crazyivan1970
03-19-2006, 09:51 PM
BOB II is shockwave production, not 1C/Maddox games mate. BOB that you probably wanted is not coming out till 2007.

La7_brook
03-19-2006, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by crazyivan1970:
BOB II is shockwave production, not 1C/Maddox games mate. BOB that you probably wanted is not coming out till 2007. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

Adam906
03-19-2006, 10:56 PM
Thanks crazyivan1970

Do you know if it will follow the same format as Il2 and if so what will it include (obviously the ability to fly either side and bombers for the Luftwaffe from what I've read) but will it go further and maybe include bomber/coastal command or is it 'just' BoB?

crazyivan1970
03-19-2006, 11:03 PM
Sorry mate, i dont have any concrete info on what`s in there

JG53Frankyboy
03-20-2006, 06:18 AM
here
http://www.battle-fields.com/commscentre/showthread.php?t=10365

you can find unconfirmed "rumors"

Aeronautico
03-20-2006, 06:37 AM
Patch your BoBII thingie up and it will work much better than just out of teh box, anyway.

danjama
03-20-2006, 07:03 AM
I got BoB2 and it is a little better with patch 2.03, but dont hold your breath, i still get CTD's in the heat of battle, be sure to save your campaign every 5 minutes lol

it has lots of potential but the crashes are pathetic

VW-IceFire
03-20-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Adam906:
Thanks crazyivan1970

Do you know if it will follow the same format as Il2 and if so what will it include (obviously the ability to fly either side and bombers for the Luftwaffe from what I've read) but will it go further and maybe include bomber/coastal command or is it 'just' BoB?
As far as we know its "just" BOB...the usual suspects are flyable (Spitfire, Hurricane, 109E) but there are some nice additions to the AI list and some flyable bombers. The Heinkel and Junkers are flyable like they are now plus the Blenheim Mark IV is also flyable. The AI stuff includes some rarer aircraft like the Defiant. Someone said we should be allowed to fly the Defiant...but I don't know who would REALLY want to over a long period of time.

BoB has me excited...partially because of what it is...but partially because of what it will offer us down the line. The Mediteranian and North Africa scenarios with Spit V's, Malta, Hurricane IID's, Tomahawks and Warhawks over authentic terrain...can't wait.

WTE_Galway
03-20-2006, 03:43 PM
isnt the defiant something you make other people fly online so you can shoot it down ?

apparently to give it soem credit it was well liked as a night fighter .. the rear turrent let them do "pop up in front and shoot the pilot in the face" attacks on he111's and ju88's

DuxCorvan
03-22-2006, 02:36 PM
If BoB's AI gunners are like FB's, then the Defiant will be the ultimate war-winning weapon... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Irish_Rogues
03-26-2006, 02:59 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

ElAurens
03-26-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by DuxCorvan:
If BoB's AI gunners are like FB's, then the Defiant will be the ultimate war-winning weapon... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Agree 100%

I was crushed when I found out it would not be flyable.