PDA

View Full Version : Need a translator of my interview from Russian to English...

FPSOLKOR
04-24-2007, 10:31 AM
Interview with 2 kill P-39 and 7(!) kill MiG-15 pilot. 80 pages in TNR - Cyr 14.

PBNA-Boosher
04-24-2007, 10:39 AM
Argh, I wish my Russian was advanced enough to do it. Would you mind sending me a copy of the interview anyway? It would be good practice for me.

FPSOLKOR
04-24-2007, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by PBNA-Boosher:
Argh, I wish my Russian was advanced enough to do it. Would you mind sending me a copy of the interview anyway? It would be good practice for me.

No prob... Give me your e-mail.

PBNA-Boosher
04-24-2007, 10:59 AM
Thanks. My e-mail is boosh at kbuch dot com

FPSOLKOR
04-24-2007, 11:02 AM
Thanks. My e-mail is boosh at kbuch dot com Fetch...

PBNA-Boosher
04-24-2007, 11:10 AM
большое спасибо!

FPSOLKOR
04-24-2007, 11:13 AM
большое спасибо! Большое пожалуйста!
Will you try to translate? I would be happy if what is possible will be translated, since i will be able to edit, but not translate (i can't spend too much time for translation now)

PBNA-Boosher
04-24-2007, 11:16 AM
I will attempt to translate it, yes. It may take me longer than expected, but my Russian professor will be pleased that I'll have something to work on over the summer as well. It's a long account, but I finish with my first year of college next week on Thursday. I'll have ample time over the summer to translate. Do you mind that it might take me a while?

FPSOLKOR
04-24-2007, 11:29 AM
I will attempt to translate it, yes. It may take me longer than expected, but my Russian professor will be pleased that I'll have something to work on over the summer as well. It's a long account, but I finish with my first year of college next week on Thursday. I'll have ample time over the summer to translate. Do you mind that it might take me a while? It took me half a year to finish it in Russian, you know... But ask your prof if this rather technical text is going to make him happy...

PBNA-Boosher
04-24-2007, 11:32 AM
At this point, any Russian work over the summer will make my professor happy, and she's giving me some books to work through as well, so it'll be fine. I've glanced over it and the words and phrases seem fine to me. It's mainly vocab I'll be looking up.

FPSOLKOR
04-24-2007, 11:37 AM
At this point, any Russian work over the summer will make my professor happy, and she's giving me some books to work through as well, so it'll be fine. I've glanced over it and the words and phrases seem fine to me. It's mainly vocab I'll be looking up. The only thing that i'm really worrying about is how you will translate poetry... Of, and by the way, i can provide you with dosens of interviews to translate in the future... The only prob - i cant pay for this work, so it's enthusiasm only and part of copyright...

PBNA-Boosher
04-24-2007, 12:21 PM
Ah, that shouldn't be a problem. I noticed the poetry in the text. I write a lot of short stories and some poems, so I know a little bit about poetic language. I've also studied scansion for some years. Don't worry. When I come across a poem I shall attempt to capture the poet's words and rhythm, though rhyme will be a tricky problem. But such is the difficulty of translating poems, they always sound better in their native tongue.

FPSOLKOR
04-24-2007, 01:56 PM
Ah, that shouldn't be a problem. I noticed the poetry in the text. I write a lot of short stories and some poems, so I know a little bit about poetic language. I've also studied scansion for some years. Don't worry. When I come across a poem I shall attempt to capture the poet's words and rhythm, though rhyme will be a tricky problem. But such is the difficulty of translating poems, they always sound better in their native tongue.
Let's see... Oh, and yes - if you are American do not feel offended - most people here do not like americans as nation, though are ready to deal with a "singular" american...

PBNA-Boosher
04-24-2007, 04:03 PM
Not offended at all, though I'm not quite sure what you mean or why it should matter.

mandrill7
04-24-2007, 04:35 PM
I will volunteer to translate very short pieces of only 2 or 3 pages, if you have them. It's a question of time as I have a very demanding day job.

PBNA-Boosher
04-24-2007, 05:36 PM
The document itself is about 63-or-so pages long.

FPSOLKOR
04-25-2007, 12:04 AM
Not offended at all, though I'm not quite sure what you mean or why it should matter.
There is a special question at the end of the interview... With a rather honest answer...

FPSOLKOR
04-25-2007, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by mandrill7:
I will volunteer to translate very short pieces of only 2 or 3 pages, if you have them. It's a question of time as I have a very demanding day job. Unluckily 2-3 pages won't do the trick... as i do not bother with texts less then 40 pages...