PDA

View Full Version : New for BoB SoW, Strategic gaming element for on-line play?

zardozid
04-05-2008, 06:30 PM
What do you think about having a "strategic gaming" type of control for tank columns, artillery battery's, ground troops, ships, and supply columns in the new "BoB SoW" game engine? I'm talking about the type of game play we see in "World in Conflict" and "Company of Heroes"...

What I mean by this is that I think it would be cool if we had the option of taking over from the "AI" when playing a game that involves flying against armor, ships, or AA battery's...I do not think that "BoB SoW" should ever be a FPS, but it would be cool if on-line bombing & "ground pounding" missions, co-op's and campaigns could be played against a real human with all their cunning and foibles. Oleg has already said that we will have the option of targeting the enemy with flak guns, and we have all seen the detail that the armor and support troops will be modeled in...

who knows, maybe downed pilots could stay in the game by targeting the enemy from tank turrets or flak guns...

Imagine flying a patrol and your looking for a tank column that could hide and think just like a "real human being" (warts and all). Watch as the armor & troops split into two groups, forming up into a "pincer attack" as they try and over run your front line airstrip (didn't see that coming). Now you have to organize your flight and plan an appropriate assault on the attacking army...

We are not talking about a FPS with hundreds of people running around shooting at the sky and each other, but small strategic teams of 2 to 10 people that work together with the pilots to present the best gaming experience for everyone...

What do you think?

zardozid
04-05-2008, 06:30 PM
What do you think about having a "strategic gaming" type of control for tank columns, artillery battery's, ground troops, ships, and supply columns in the new "BoB SoW" game engine? I'm talking about the type of game play we see in "World in Conflict" and "Company of Heroes"...

What I mean by this is that I think it would be cool if we had the option of taking over from the "AI" when playing a game that involves flying against armor, ships, or AA battery's...I do not think that "BoB SoW" should ever be a FPS, but it would be cool if on-line bombing & "ground pounding" missions, co-op's and campaigns could be played against a real human with all their cunning and foibles. Oleg has already said that we will have the option of targeting the enemy with flak guns, and we have all seen the detail that the armor and support troops will be modeled in...

who knows, maybe downed pilots could stay in the game by targeting the enemy from tank turrets or flak guns...

Imagine flying a patrol and your looking for a tank column that could hide and think just like a "real human being" (warts and all). Watch as the armor & troops split into two groups, forming up into a "pincer attack" as they try and over run your front line airstrip (didn't see that coming). Now you have to organize your flight and plan an appropriate assault on the attacking army...

We are not talking about a FPS with hundreds of people running around shooting at the sky and each other, but small strategic teams of 2 to 10 people that work together with the pilots to present the best gaming experience for everyone...

What do you think?

barrykrocker1
04-05-2008, 07:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Oleg has already said that we will have the option of targeting the enemy with flak guns, and we have all seen the detail that the armor and support troops will be modeled in... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

where has he said this? and where can i see these detailed models?

yeah i think armoured columns could have beefed-up ai. i think taxiing planes should be able to avoid ground collisions (w/ wrecked aircraft in front or craters)

zardozid
04-05-2008, 07:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by barrykrocker1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Oleg has already said that we will have the option of targeting the enemy with flak guns, and we have all seen the detail that the armor and support troops will be modeled in... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

where has he said this? and where can i see these detailed models?

yeah i think armoured columns could have beefed-up ai. i think taxiing planes should be able to avoid ground collisions (w/ wrecked aircraft in front or craters) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you watch the "BoB SoW" video clip that came with the "Il2 1946" DVD you will see clips of tanks and other ground support vehicles firing their guns and such... and if you ever read Oleg's comments over at the "yellow forum" you would read his comments on player armed flak/AA guns.

EURO_Snoopy
04-06-2008, 02:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by barrykrocker1:

where has he said this? and where can i see these detailed models? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.mission4today.com/m4t_content/sow/BOB3.jpg

funkster319
04-06-2008, 10:31 AM
Personally I'd just like to see the game SOON :O)

Yeah I think that MP certainly needs working alot better than current IL2 MP. Something that sorts out kills sharing would be nice!!!!

Teams, Squads, organised flight options maybe?! The current scoring system is pretty worthless with all the "Kill stealing" that goes on. Maybe somekind of "encounter lock" for a target against either a single attacker or an organised flight (an attacker and wingy)? Or something along those lines

Yeah I think tacticle elements would be a cool idea but a maybe a later add on /patch or something.

Just get the bloomin thing released already :O)