PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question =)

simflyer2007
09-14-2007, 05:04 PM
Hi I recently aquirred 1946 and I am extremly pleased.HOwever considering the size of the pacific missons,is there anyway to skip directly to the action.i know about the speed thingie were it shows the time at the bottom right of the screen but even this is slow.

heywooood
09-14-2007, 05:09 PM
unfortunately no - the only way is to use UberDemons UQMG or ultra quick mission generator - or use the FMB (full mission builder) yourself to make missions the way you want them - or go looking for user made missions and campaigns at Mission4Tonight (M4T) and elsewhere - that are more to your liking...

carguy_
09-14-2007, 05:19 PM
You want pacific, you GOT pacific, mission duration being an integral part of the show.

For n00bs, autopilot and 4x time speedup.

Choctaw111
09-14-2007, 05:33 PM
Yeah, I know that some other games have a skip to next waypoint button, but this sim is all about the realism part as far as that goes. You just have to know which way to go to find the target, then you can hit the speed up time button (default [ and ] keys) to speed things up and then slow then back down again when you get close. I hope you know how to read a map and know where you are by looking around. Oh, wait. You can turn map icons on so you will know where you are all the time if you want, and where are the other planes are also.

XyZspineZyX
09-14-2007, 06:10 PM
There is a way to set distance in dynamic campaigns, by editing a file

tagTaken2
09-15-2007, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by BBB462cid:
There is a way to set distance in dynamic campaigns, by editing a file

It's in the conf.ini in the [game] section.
You can change it to MissionDistance=50, but all it means is that the mission generator will try to give you something within that distance. If there's nothing there, it won't bother.

Even with the speedup button, you'll still need a magazine.

Friendly_flyer
09-15-2007, 11:21 AM
If you find the long Pacific haul boring, I suggest you try out some East Front stuff. It's short distances and a lot of action down low.